Fired

Old July 16th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

Default Fired

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:

Purr then, and purr loudly: I’m fired. I need a job. Anyone in the market for
me?

Blessed be,
Baha

Purrs and best job placement wishes coming out to you form all of us
here, Baha. Maybe this is an opportunity. Think about what you'd like
to do, if there were no barriers in the way, then go for it.

Pam S. trying to do the same
Old July 16th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

Singh wrote:

Now the question remains, when asked why I left the job, how do you tell the
story? Or just say my job was heading to Mumbai, which is only half-true? I don't
want to screw up next time around.

I don't know what I'd tell them, but when in doubt, the truth is usually
best. You'll know whether to say that you got out-sourced, or that the
position was a poor fit for your skills.

Pam S.
Old July 16th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Singh

Enfilade wrote:

So I am out, for better or worse.

(Look at Smokey. He went from working in Garbage Removal (by eating
it) and Rodent Control (by eating them) in Ontario to a job as a
couch-warmer in Halifax which he likes MUCH better.

That's one heluva promotion!!!

Blessed be,
Baha

Old July 16th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Winnie wrote:
wrote:
The City of Los Angeles is always hiring:
www.lacity.org. Great
pay, excellent benefits.

I keep hearing on the news that Alberta can't find enough people to
fill the jobs there. The province has no sales tax. It is doing so
well financially it even offer its resident one time rebates of a
couple hundred dollars each. The health care is also very good
because the government has plenty of money. Right, Susan?

But the house prices there are going through the roof because of the
boom. Otherwise, I may consider moving there.

Winnie

Yes, I heard that house prices in Calgary are going up $1000/day.
Craziness! I suppose you could move to another, smaller and cheaper
city in Alberta though. I'd find Edmonton too cold, but maybe Red Deer
or Lethbridge?
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old July 16th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pmendhall

"Singh" wrote in message
Now the question remains, when asked why I left the job, how do you tell

the
story? Or just say my job was heading to Mumbai, which is only half-true?

I don't
want to screw up next time around.

I am in the process of looking for a job as well. I took a voluntary
separation from my company of 15 years. The way the career coaches have
indicated most of us answer the question is something around job fit. Of
course, you don't volunteer that info until they ask. One of the men in our
classes said something along the line of there was a strategic change by the
company, due to the change in strategic direction the job fit was no longer
as strong as it was.

In my case, I decided to leave due to a manager I was having problems with,
she was no longer my supervisor, but still very influential in the group I
worked in. Once she came into the group, there was a 75% turnover rate in 6
months, resulting in the need to change the focus of the group to financial
related maters entirely.

Good luck, I'm glad that your got severance from your job.

Mark, I hope you did as well.

Good luck in your job searches.

Diane

Old July 17th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:

Purr then, and purr loudly: I’m fired. I need a job. Anyone in the market for
me?

Blessed be,
Baha

Good job purrs on the way, Baha.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old July 17th 06, 10:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
, and that they would be happy to accept
my resignation rather than have to terminate me; in return, I would be given
a severance of close to two grand and confidentiality if and when someone may
call for references.

[[[[[Baha]]]]]

Something similar happened to me in a job where I was being bullied by
my line manager. In the end, rather than sack me and run the risk of an
unfair dismissal action, (Which I'd made perfectly clear I was prepared
to do) I got a severance...

The first feeling I had was one of immense relief, I'd had this woman
doing her best to drive me mad for 8 months at this point. I think that
weekend I slept the best I had for an age.

And then I went on to get a better job, better pay, better conditions
etc etc

That job was NOT doing you any good. The next one is just around the
corner and it will be better

Purrs from the Fabulous Furballs in the UK

Lesley

Old July 17th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel

Baha, I have to say upon reading this that I'm sooo glad you're out of that
environment! Sending you many recuperative purrs for getting over this
horrendous experience and finding something that you can enjoy without all
that stress!
Thinking of you, many hugs,
Christine
"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote in message news:633f95d8c3783@uwe...
I must admit I knew it was coming.

I got taken into a meeting, ostensibly to discuss the numerous postings I

had
tried to make to other positions. Instead I was told that the call center
environment is not a good fit for me, and that they would be happy to

accept
my resignation rather than have to terminate me; in return, I would be

given
a severance of close to two grand and confidentiality if and when someone

may
call for references. I don't know if I'm being a jackass or not, but I

took
it. It's all rhetorical, it's a firing, no matter what kind of pretty
language you want to wrap it in; and no matter how flowery the wrapping

and
how bright the bow, the package is still full of bullsh*t.

So I am out, for better or worse.

I knew something was in the works today; Stosh came into the bedroom after

got up, agitated as all hell, tail low; and when I gave him a pet, he

jumped
back in such a fright that he scared Brandy in turn, and she landed on my
husband's tuchus with claws fully out. They *know.* I don't know how, but
they know.

Old July 17th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
I must admit I knew it was coming.

I got taken into a meeting, ostensibly to discuss the numerous postings I had
tried to make to other positions. Instead I was told that the call center
environment is not a good fit for me, and that they would be happy to accept
my resignation rather than have to terminate me; in return, I would be given
a severance of close to two grand and confidentiality if and when someone may
call for references. I don’t know if I’m being a jackass or not, but I took
it. snip
Purr then, and purr loudly: I’m fired. I need a job. Anyone in the market for
me?

Blessed be,
Baha

Lots and lots of purrs and hugs and best wishes for you to find a great
new job really soon,
Polonca and Soncek

Old July 17th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Mark Edwards wrote:

Want to form a club (evil grin)? My position was terminated today
because the part of the business I code for is going away.

Good luck, hugs, and lots of purrs,
Mark

Lots and lots of purrs, hugs and best wishes for you to find a purr-fect
job soonest,
Polonca and Soncek