Pleeeeease let me sit in your lap!

Old December 5th 03, 06:07 AM
m. L. Briggs

Default Pleeeeease let me sit in your lap!

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 04:28:29 GMT, Mark Edwards
wrote:

I've mentioned that Buster's one fault is that he's a sharp and pointy
cat. He sits in my lap at every opportunity, and either kneads me with
claws out, or digs in so that he doesn't fall when he shifts position.

Well, he has figured out that I have a lap when I sit at the computer
desk. And tonight, he managed to claw me again. So I picked him up,
put him on the bed, and told him his claws hurt (again!).

In a few minutes, he jumped back up into my lap, and I, not feeling
particularly charitable about his claws yet, put him back on the bed.

When I did, he wailed such a sad, mournful meow, that I just had to
hug him and put him bak in my lap.

Poor panther is purring in my lap as I type...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Suggestion: Keep a heavy bath towel handy for lap sitting purposes.
MLB
Old December 5th 03, 06:12 AM
m. L. Briggs

wrote:

I've mentioned that Buster's one fault is that he's a sharp and pointy
cat. He sits in my lap at every opportunity, and either kneads me with
claws out, or digs in so that he doesn't fall when he shifts position.

Well, he has figured out that I have a lap when I sit at the computer
desk. And tonight, he managed to claw me again. So I picked him up,
put him on the bed, and told him his claws hurt (again!).

In a few minutes, he jumped back up into my lap, and I, not feeling
particularly charitable about his claws yet, put him back on the bed.

When I did, he wailed such a sad, mournful meow, that I just had to
hug him and put him bak in my lap.

Poor panther is purring in my lap as I type...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Another suggestion: Use your nail clipper and trim his sharp little
nails.....just the tip...don't cut to the vein. Soft Paws also are
good to prevent scratching. MLB
Old December 5th 03, 06:46 AM
Marina

"Mark Edwards" wrote

I've mentioned that Buster's one fault is that he's a sharp and pointy
cat. He sits in my lap at every opportunity, and either kneads me with
claws out, or digs in so that he doesn't fall when he shifts position.

Well, he has figured out that I have a lap when I sit at the computer
desk. And tonight, he managed to claw me again. So I picked him up,
put him on the bed, and told him his claws hurt (again!).

In a few minutes, he jumped back up into my lap, and I, not feeling
particularly charitable about his claws yet, put him back on the bed.

When I did, he wailed such a sad, mournful meow, that I just had to
hug him and put him bak in my lap.

Poor panther is purring in my lap as I type...

Reminded me of this cartoon.

http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/ro...-20031202.html

--
Marina

Old December 5th 03, 07:57 AM

Mark Edwards wrote:

I've mentioned that Buster's one fault is that he's a sharp and pointy
cat. He sits in my lap at every opportunity, and either kneads me with
claws out, or digs in so that he doesn't fall when he shifts position.

He does seem to be making himself at home... any progress on convincing
Senyah to make it a permanent home?

Joyce
Old December 5th 03, 10:43 PM
polonca12000

How adorable!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
snip Poor panther is purring in my lap as I type...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Old December 5th 03, 11:05 PM
Jette Goldie

wrote:

[...]

I've found that when Dakota starts kneading me with his
claws, I hold the offending paw, gently, in my hand and
say "claws - NO" and then when he retracts the claws
I stroke him and put the paw back on the spot he was
kneading. He's learned now to keep the claws in, and
a quiet "claws" warning will stop him when he forgets.

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old December 6th 03, 01:16 PM
Adrian

Mark Edwards wrote:
I've mentioned that Buster's one fault is that he's a sharp and pointy
cat. He sits in my lap at every opportunity, and either kneads me with
claws out, or digs in so that he doesn't fall when he shifts position.

Well, he has figured out that I have a lap when I sit at the computer
desk. And tonight, he managed to claw me again. So I picked him up,
put him on the bed, and told him his claws hurt (again!).

In a few minutes, he jumped back up into my lap, and I, not feeling
particularly charitable about his claws yet, put him back on the bed.

When I did, he wailed such a sad, mournful meow, that I just had to
hug him and put him bak in my lap.

Poor panther is purring in my lap as I type...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

It sounds like you need a leather apron.:-)
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.