Catopoly Game (Attn: TJ & the Dust)

Old December 6th 03, 12:21 AM
jmcquown

Default Catopoly Game (Attn: TJ & the Dust)

T.J.! Just had to say I ordered this game for myself and as holiday gifts
for two of my cat-loving friend/co-workers. It's too cute!

Just so happens, this week one of the women is going through a really rough
time; she finally had her abusive husband thrown out by the cops, and the
protective order and injunction against him enforced. She had to buy $300
worth of equipment today - a camera for the house, phone recording
equipment, etc. He's not supposed to call her but he's been calling
constantly. And, when he was escorted out, the police let him take a
suitcase full of stuff - he took the danged caller ID box. He's already had
the DSL disconnected and we warned her, the electricity is probably next so
go ahead and get an account in your name.

She's been married 13 years but has never lived on her own; she went from
living with her mom to being married. So even though she's in her 30's she
is terrified. But she's also really angry now, which is good for her

Anyway, she was so thrilled to get this game! She and my other
friend/co-worker have known each other for years, before she ever came to
work with us here. So my other friend is going over there tonight (I'd go
but she lives 30 miles away and I can't see to drive at night). They're
going to break out a bottle of wine and play Catopoly tonight.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Jill

Old December 6th 03, 12:59 AM
TJ and The Dust

Glad to hear it's a good find. I had never heard of it before but my Auntie
asked if it would be a good game for my daughter who loves to play regular
monopoly (and loves cats). I will have to wait until Christmas day to play,
darn!

TJ

Old December 6th 03, 10:24 AM
Jeanette

jmcquown wrote in message
T.J.! Just had to say I ordered this game for myself and as holiday gifts
for two of my cat-loving friend/co-workers. It's too cute!

I won the game in a magazine competition last year, and had some friends
round last night to play. We did have fun. The tokens are very cute,
although in honour of the fact that I was busy getting wrecked on beer, I
had the bottle and pretended that it was beer, not milk

Old December 6th 03, 02:00 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for your friend,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"jmcquown" wrote in message
snip Just so happens, this week one of the women is going through a
really rough
time; she finally had her abusive husband thrown out by the cops, and the
protective order and injunction against him enforced. snip

Old December 6th 03, 08:40 PM
jmcquown

polonca12000 wrote:
Lots of purrs and best wishes for your friend,

Thanks. She needs strength right now; she's very scared. (I'm very afraid
she'll take the joker back because she's afraid.)

She has a pretty cat named Rusty who is an orange tabby. Sweet cat!

Jill

"jmcquown" wrote in message
snip Just so happens, this week one of the women is going through a
really rough
time; she finally had her abusive husband thrown out by the cops,
and the protective order and injunction against him enforced. snip