Sebastian

Old April 15th 10, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stacey

Default Sebastian

Oh my boy...

Like many of you have done in the past I too can't believe I'm writing this.

I don't post very often any more but some of you might still remember my kittie
Sebastian. He goes back to the days before the split of rpc, was a frequent
poster with his adopted meowmie, Cygne, and later his sisfur Zoe. After Zoe
passed on we didn't post here so much any more.

About two months ago I noticed Sebastian drinking water which I would never see
him do before and when he peed in the litter box a lot more than usual. I took
him to the vet for blood and urine tests. He was in the early stages of kidney
disease. The vet who also has a holistic practice sent him home with a probiotic
Azodyl which has proven helpful with kidney disease, a homeopathic renal
support, and Chinese herbal medicine. He told me what to expect and scheduled a
follow up for this month.

Two weeks ago Sebastian was eating less and less and getting thinner. I knew to
expect this. Kitties get an acidic stomach with kidney disease. I did some
reading on a great site and started him on 1/4 Pepcid AC a day. I let the vet
know and he said that is what he recommended too. Sebastian would eat only baby
food but started eating regular food again...until last weekend. I have from a
holistic pet book to give slippery elm syrup which always helped him in the past
when he had flare ups of IBD. The CRF site suggested a "kittie smorgasbord"
because they get finicky and eat somethings one day and not the next. I remember
some of you experienced this too so I was familiar with it.

Tom's assignment ended so he was able to go out and get Wellness, Fancy Feast,
turkey lunch meat, and chicken breast to boil this Monday. Sebastian nommed down
the Wellness like he had never eaten and ate 3/4 of a can! Each meal he would
eat up his food.

Tuesday he went in for his follow up. The vet called with the results about a
half an hour ago. His BUN and Creatin have essentially doubled and he is in
kidney failure. ( I knew this was coming but it is still a shock. Sebastian
will be 16 in two months. You get in a place where you think they will go on and
on and on. Sebastian's my best buddy; he's one of those once in a lifetime
kitties.

The treatment would be to keep him at the vet for a few days to get him
hydrated. I know how miserable he would be being away from home especially in
his last days so I asked if he could do that just during the day and that's what
we will do for a few days to get him stabilized. Then it's sub-q fluids at home.
My most important goal is for him to be comfortable and happy. Taking him to the
vet every day is the lesser of two evils.

Please purr for my little boy, my Squishie.

Fangu,

Stacey

Old April 15th 10, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meOwy

On Apr 15, 1:06*pm, Stacey wrote:
[...]

Aww, sew sad fur yoorself. I wil be purring an purring fur yoor sweet
boy, an da meowmie awweddy leeking fur himself.
MeOwy ~{{{^.".^}}}
Old April 15th 10, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Apr 15, 3:06*pm, Stacey wrote:
Oh my boy...

Like many of you have done in the past I too can't believe I'm writing this.

It is gnot a happee tim butted da hunter comes four us all. Mommy Bast
is kind and dere iz a plays four usses among the forever trees.

Please purr for my little boy, my Squishie.

Wee will purr dat his days bee prolonged in joy and companionship. An
four yoor hart, wich is sad.

--
Wascal an his frenz at Hous Coady/Reich
Old April 15th 10, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

On Apr 15, 1:06 pm, Stacey
[...]

Diz iz dew sadd, wee r purring for Sebastian n mine Meowmie Kyla
haz wadder en hur eyez tew fur yoo n him.
Hur iz saying sum prayurz tew.
Puuuuuuuuuurs
Luffs
Mosey
--for hiz hoam

Old April 16th 10, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:06:08 -0700, Stacey's busy little fingers typed:

[...]

Lotsa purrrrrrrrrrrrrs fur yor poor kittie. I know what this is like
I've been through it before and I know how hard it is. I know the day
will come when we will all meet again in a much better place and we will
bask in the warmth of our loved ones. May Bast bless.

--
Regards,
Fred
Old April 16th 10, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

BIG purrs and love from Beauty, Cinder and Spring.

They know waht you are going through.

Old April 16th 10, 06:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_3_]

Purrs furr Sebastian to be comfortable and happy.
And for you to be strong.
Furr Shurr you'll give him quality love and care, thats
about as much as you can do.

Is that Little Zoe Underfoot & Dyna looking down from RB?

Sylvia & Pit2nya

Old April 16th 10, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meOwy

On Apr 15, 1:06*pm, Stacey wrote:
[...]

Yoo ar in mine meowmie's thots an prayerz, an I am settling down to
purr rite now fur Sebastian.
Hewwo Sebastian, I am MeOwy an I am purring fur yoo.
MeOwy{{{^.".^}}}
Old April 16th 10, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stacey

In article ,
MeOwy says...

On Apr 15, 1:06=A0pm, Stacey wrote:
Oh my boy...

Like many of you have done in the past I too can't believe I'm writing th=

is.

I don't post very often any more but some of you might still remember my =

kittie
Sebastian. He goes back to the days before the split of rpc, was a freque=

nt
poster with his adopted meowmie, Cygne, and later his sisfur Zoe. =A0Afte=

[...]

Thank you, thank you MeOwy! Sebastian was feeling better from the fluids when I
picked him up last night. He ate 3/4 of a can of Wellness too and more
turkeybird meat! He was a little perkier too and very glad to be home. he
checked everything out, giving the wood for the woodstove a smell smile, going
outside on the balcony. He didn't eat quite so much this morning but I figure
he's catching up. He's back at TED's today for more IV fluid treatment.

Anti Stacey