I Cannot Believe This

Old May 22nd 10, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default I Cannot Believe This

A neighbor on the other side of my house is a renter. I've never met her as
renting isn't allowed unless it is a long term lease. She has a dog. I
like dogs. Unless they crap in my yard.

A few months ago I woke up around 6AM and found a man wearing pajamas
picking up dog poop in my back yard. Naturally I was surprised to find a
man in my back yard. I went out and asked him what he was doing. He told
me he was a guest of the woman renting the house next door. I kindly
pointed out there is a leash law and please tell her not to let her dogs run
loose. And I also called Security because I don't want to find strange men
in my backyard in pajamas at 6AM.

Well, yesterday I went outside and found dog poop on the grass in the back
yard. So I wrote a note and put in her mailbox, reminding her of the leash
law and asking her to please keep her dog out of my back yard.

This woman just rang my doorbell. Not only did she come to the door with
her dog *not*on a leash, it tried to run inside my house! Persia ran (eeek!
There's a big dog!) and I had to step outside and shut the door to keep the
dog from barging into my house.

She was waving my note in my face and screeching at the top of her lungs,
"FALSE ACCUSATIONS! FALSE ACCUSATIONS!" Oh dear lord, this woman is a
psycho.

I had to literally get in her face to get her to back down off my driveway.
She was screaming at the top of her lungs "LIES! LIES I'm going to sue
you!" Oh fer crying out loud.

There are already calls on record with Security about the guy in pajamas in
my back yard. And about the dog running loose. I called Security as soon
as she left and told them I'm not going to put up with this sort of
behaviour. I suspect she'lll be hearing from the HOA soon. Hmmm, maybe
HOA's are good for something after all.

I still cannot believe this.

Jill

Old May 22nd 10, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

A neighbor on the other side of my house is a renter. I've never met her as
renting isn't allowed unless it is a long term lease. She has a dog. I
like dogs. Unless they crap in my yard.

A few months ago I woke up around 6AM and found a man wearing pajamas
picking up dog poop in my back yard. Naturally I was surprised to find a
man in my back yard. I went out and asked him what he was doing. He told
me he was a guest of the woman renting the house next door. I kindly
pointed out there is a leash law and please tell her not to let her dogs run
loose. And I also called Security because I don't want to find strange men
in my backyard in pajamas at 6AM.

I'm sorry, I know you're very annoyed about this, but the above just made
me laugh. It's so ludicrous.

Well, yesterday I went outside and found dog poop on the grass in the back
yard. So I wrote a note and put in her mailbox, reminding her of the leash
law and asking her to please keep her dog out of my back yard.

This woman just rang my doorbell. Not only did she come to the door with
her dog *not*on a leash, it tried to run inside my house! Persia ran (eeek!
There's a big dog!) and I had to step outside and shut the door to keep the
dog from barging into my house.

She was waving my note in my face and screeching at the top of her lungs,
"FALSE ACCUSATIONS! FALSE ACCUSATIONS!" Oh dear lord, this woman is a
psycho.

I had to literally get in her face to get her to back down off my driveway.
She was screaming at the top of her lungs "LIES! LIES I'm going to sue
you!" Oh fer crying out loud.

She does sound like a psycho. Unfortunately, she sounds like all too many
people in the way they deal with strangers, particularly neighbors. The
general strategy seems to be: "Assume the other person is an adversary
before you even have a conversation. Be sure to show them how scary you are,
and that you are Not Someone To Be Taken Advantage Of." Whatever happened
to civil neighborly relations? Sure, sometimes neighbors do stupid things -
or things we think are stupid - but why not *find out first* what they were
thinking, before going on the warpath??

whew OK, end of rant.

Joyce

--
The Internet is on computers now! -- Homer Simpson
Old May 22nd 10, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Jill can I come up and have some fun ;-)

Old May 22nd 10, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I live on an island in a gated community. Security is a phone call away.

Jill

Old May 22nd 10, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

I didn't go on the warpath. She was asked once before not to let her dog
run loose to crap on my lawn. So I left her a note. Then she rang my
doorbell and screamed at me. I don't find this at all amusing, nor do I
think I'm being adversarial. Shs threatened me. She brought her dog up to
my front door *not on a leash* and screamed at me. Completely irrational.

Jill

Jill

Old May 22nd 10, 08:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

wrote in message

She does sound like a psycho. Unfortunately, she sounds like all too many
people in the way they deal with strangers, particularly neighbors. The
general strategy seems to be: "Assume the other person is an adversary
before you even have a conversation. Be sure to show them how scary you
are, and that you are Not Someone To Be Taken Advantage Of." Whatever
happened to civil neighborly relations? Sure, sometimes neighbors do
stupid things - or things we think are stupid - but why not *find out
first* what they were thinking, before going on the warpath??

I didn't go on the warpath. She was asked once before not to let her dog
run loose to crap on my lawn. So I left her a note.

No, no! I was talking about *her*, not you! Reread my post. I said that
*she* sounds like a psycho - that *she* sounds like all too many people in
how they deal with their neighbors.

Then she rang my doorbell and screamed at me.

Like I said, she was the one who went on the warpath.

I don't find this at all amusing

I'm sorry, didn't mean to offend. I don't find the woman funny either. I
just got this mental image of some guy in pajamas picking up dog poop in
your back yard at 6AM. For some reason that struck me funny. I do realize
that it was aggravating for you.

Joyce

--
What I look forward to, is continued immaturity, followed by death.
-- Dave Barry
Old May 22nd 10, 11:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

wrote in message

I'm sorry, didn't mean to offend. I don't find the woman funny either. I
just got this mental image of some guy in pajamas picking up dog poop in
your back yard at 6AM. For some reason that struck me funny. I do realize
that it was aggravating for you.

Joyce

I did misread. I'm sorry, I was still upset about this whole episode when I
read your post. Mea Culpa

I just couldn't believe she had the nerve to ring the bell *with her dog*
not on a leash and scream like a banshee! Her dog (nice dog, BTW)
practically ran into my house!

She's standing there screaming at me, threatening to sue me, no less. (Good
luck with that. I didn't realize it was illegal to stick a note in the
newspaper slot asking her to please keep her dog on a leash and off my
lawn.) I suppose it's a good thing she wasn't home when rang her bell
earlier in the day to try to calming discuss this. Who knows what would
have happened if she'd been home?

As for finding that man walking around in my back yard in his pajamas at
6AM, yes, that was a little funny Imagine my surprise to wake up to make
a cup of coffee and find a guy in his PJs out back! I stepped out on the
patio and asked what the heck he was doing. He said he was a house-guest
visiting next door. (I had no idea anyone was even living there; the house
has been for sale for a couple of years.) And when I asked him what the
heck he was doing he said oh, sorry, the dog came over here so I'm just
picking up dog poop.

Hence, my note to this woman should not have come as any surprise. I wasn't
nasty about it. I simply asked her to walk her dog on a leash and obey the
rules of the island.

Apparently she's a stark raving lunatic.

Jill

Old May 22nd 10, 02:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

On May 22, 3:46*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
And when I asked him what the
heck he was doing he said oh, sorry, the dog came over here so I'm just
picking up dog poop.

Sounds like her house guest is at least considerate- not even his dog
and he cleaned up after it. She sounds like a mad woman I had to deal
with at our old place- we had terrible problems with a group of
antisocial youths and one night one of the banged on my door and when
I opened it there was an airgunned pigeon with it's entrails hanging
out stuffed through our letterbox and while I was standing there
trying not to be sick a load of bricks were thrown at me from the
upstairs balcony. Now I got to know a name of a possible ring leader
and one night I asked a couple of local kids (some of them were okay)
if they knew where he was. The next morning our front door was nearly
kicked in by a screaming harridan insisting her boy had nothing to do
with shooting the pigeon and shoving it through our letter box and if
I dared to say otherwise she;d send him round to rape me and seriously
injure if not kill both of us (at least that's the gist of it between
the effing and use of the C word).....But I hadn't said I wanted to
see him about that incident...

Still it did me a favour, it was reported to the housing and became
one of the key points as to why we should be rehoused

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old May 22nd 10, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On May 21, 11:23*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
wrote in message

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Yes, she is. _She's scared for her dog_ I know dogs shouldn't be
allowed to run loose and I know she's totally wrong and you are
absolutely right. But I remember my Snowball and I cry for her.

And you know I love Persia and you.

--
Will in New Haven
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDY34...qo&playnext=10