Moving on along Route 66

Old August 27th 14, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

Default Moving on along Route 66

Since Big Mama and Jocko have loaded up their RV, and Rex and Regina
have already left, Harri and the other kitties and doggies board their
RVs and motorcycles and form up. Sammy and Ranger doublecheck that the
campfire is out and the camp site is cleaned up, then they wave to Harri
in the lead RV. Harri leads to convoy away from the beach at the
confluence, and gets everybody heading south on US 67 to Route 66.
Heading west, they kitties pass the remains of the Beacon Motel and the
Red Cedar Inn in Pacific, then wave at the Missouri Botanical Garden
Arboretum as they pass by.

A few hours of driving leads them to the city of Springfield, Missouri.
Traffic on route 66 (currently part of Interstate 44) slows for road
construction, with the road being reduced to one lane of traffic. As the
convoy reaches the flagman at the beginning of the work area, Big Mama
snarls snarls "Hurry up!" as she passes. The flagman, startled at seeing
a large panther, and even more startled at seeing her at the wheel of a
large RV, stands mutely staring as the RV passes by. The next vehicle is
the HarriMobile, and Harri waves cheerfully to the flagman as she
passes. The motorcycle driven by Diasy-chan comes next, and she waves
and meows cheerfully and Iowna barks from her riding pad. A cute little
red sports cars with a cat at the wheel and a dog in the passenger seat
follows closely behind the motorcycle. The flagman drops his flag and
walks back to the crew area to turn in his orange vest and go home for
the day.

After a few short hours driving reach the Kansas state line, and even
more quickly pass through Kansas into Oklahoma (Route 66 only travels 16
miles through Kansas). As the convoy reaches Miami, OK Big Mam pulls the
road and navigates onto successively smaller roads, finally ending up on
a dirt road heading off into the hills. After crossing a few hills and
winding up a narrow valley for a bit they finally reach a small house
with a large, shaded clearing that appears to offer multiple campsites,
many with full plugins. A small stream flows through the trees behind
the campsites. As Big Mama pulls her RV to a stop, an elderly man comes
out of the house. Big Mam climbs out of the RV and stretches, then
approaches the human.

"Osayo, enisi. Siyu dohitsu?"

"Dohiquu, Big Mama. Welcome."

As they kitties dismount and congregate, Big Mama makes introductions.

"Kitties and doggies, this is Chief Smith. He's trustee of this land,
and has welcomed us to his property. There are great campsites just over
there, some tents for those who prefer tent camping, and on the other
side of the woods are some cabins for those who prefer more creature
comforts. He has also invited us all to dinner tonight."
Old August 28th 14, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

"Kitties and doggies, this is Chief Smith. He's trustee of this land,
and has welcomed us to his property. There are great campsites just over
there, some tents for those who prefer tent camping, and on the other
side of the woods are some cabins for those who prefer more creature
comforts. He has also invited us all to dinner tonight."

[Harri shifts the HarriMobile into park, then walks over to greet the
Chief and find out which camping area she should park in. She then
pulls her vehicle around and backs into place underplace a large oak
tree. She connects her electrical, water, and internet hookups, then
deploys her side awnings. Once everything is set up to her liking she
walks past the other campsites.

In the next slot Sammy has maneuvered Amelia's RV into place and got the
campsite squared away. He is setting up some lounging pillow with
obvious plans to take a nap before the sun sets.

As she gets to the end of the camping slots she is surprised to see Rex
and Regina's RV already in place. Rex waves as Harri walks by.]
Old August 29th 14, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance[_3_]

On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:07:22 AM UTC-7, Community Kitties wrote:
"Kitties and doggies, this is Chief Smith. He's trustee of this land,

and has welcomed us to his property. There are great campsites just over

there, some tents for those who prefer tent camping, and on the other

side of the woods are some cabins for those who prefer more creature

comforts. He has also invited us all to dinner tonight."

Fangu, Big Mama. I will see if Pitoonya wantz to joyn da groop, an which acommydashunz she purrfurz. Az long as dere iz fudz, I iz OK wif eethur da tentz or da kabinz.

Sundance
Old August 29th 14, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Regina&Rex

On 8/28/2014 11:20 AM, Harri Roadcat wrote:
[...]

Hi, Harri. We want to explain why we left in such a hurry. You see
Regina and I are the royal cats everyone is looking for. We came to your
country to meet with other world leaders. While we were here Regina
found out she is expecting.

Regina walks out of their RV as Rex is talking to Harri and hears the
conversation. "Last time when I had the kits that are here with us, the
royal doctor attended the birth and took the kits off to nurse maids to
care for them. There was such a fuss about me doing anything.

We decided this time I would have the kits on my own and care for them.
I missed so much when they were little. Our body guards did not like
this but they finally came around and went along with our decision. Once
the kits are a few weeks old Rex will contact the prime minister and let
him know where we are.

We have been enjoying meeting all of the cats and dogs traveling in your
group . The real joy for us is being treated as a friend. Most keep
their distance because we are the royal family. I hope this news do not
change the way you or your friends treat us. "

Regina

Old August 29th 14, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven[_2_]

On Friday, August 29, 2014 1:37:08 PM UTC-4, Regina&Rex wrote:
[...]

Oh, there's gonna be _BITTIES_ Don't wurry, mine fren Samanfa is a princess and we treet her jus wike efferywun els.

--
Shannell Squeakytoy Coan, for her Hous
Old September 2nd 14, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Community Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Since Big Mama and Jocko have loaded up their RV, and Rex and Regina
have already left, Harri and the other kitties and doggies board
their RVs and motorcycles and form up. Sammy and Ranger doublecheck
that the campfire is out and the camp site is cleaned up, then they
wave to Harri in the lead RV. Harri leads to convoy away from the
beach at the confluence, and gets everybody heading south on US 67 to
Route 66. Heading west, they kitties pass the remains of the Beacon
Motel and the Red Cedar Inn in Pacific, then wave at the Missouri
Botanical Garden Arboretum as they pass by.

Cash goes back and makes a second check just to be safe. Afterall, hes
a fire doggie now.

All is well and they did a good job.

[...]

Cash laughs as he passes by.

[...]

Cash and Daisy-chan give a polite Konnichiwa. Iowna glances at the
sound of breathing and grins then a dip of the nose and Domo Arrigato
goziamas as she tries to catch up to her friends.

Harri lets out a piercing whistle and every one heads her way.

Old September 2nd 14, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Regina&Rex wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Unaware they are royal, Iowna folowing Harri's whistle comes trottong
over and runs right into Regina, knocking both of them over.

Daisy-chan bops Cash on the nose for snickering as he was supposed to
make sure she didnt get lost. Iowna a bit incensed follows her nose to
Daisy-chan and bops her back. "I wuz not lost, I wuz following his
tail!. Now, I gotta figure out who I just knockeded over". Muttering
she retraces to find a soft fur that seems to be giggling.

Iowna cocks her head to the side and says "Sorry about dat. I'z
usually purtty graceful but Iz sumtimes runns faster dan mai nose. U
ok?"

Old September 2nd 14, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

[...]

Daisy-chan starts setting up their tent while Cash brings out a large
tarp and nails it down. Iowna sniffing about finds the kitchen gear
and pulls it out along with supplies.

Another RV pulls alongside and Daisy-chan and Cash happily attach their
canope across it and to the trees to the side. While they are working,
Iowna carefully walks to the edge of the bushes and finds a spot with
soft dirt. She digs a hole and piles the dirt back in with some leaves
and puts up a 'ladies' sign then makes another with a 'gents' sign.
Then she thinks of Cash and makes a third with a 'big doggies' sign.
As she comes back, another tent camper asks Cash to make them one too.

Iowna joins Daisy-chan to see where she can help. She's set to digging
a fire pit, not too deep needed but get all the grass and roots out of
the way. Since they are all firesafe, Iowna sets to with a will and
digs out a shallow 4inch deep 2ft wide pit. She puts the turf to the
side so it can be backfilled neatly. It makes a sort of backsplash.

Daisy-chan pulls out a mini-grill that needs only 6 coals and gets it
lit while Iowna pulls out 2 lbs of bacon then licking her chops, lays
out the bedding.

Around, you can all hear folks setting up camp. They have room for a
little tent under their cover in addition to them.
Old September 2nd 14, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rex and Regina DesChat

Unaware they are royal, Iowna folowing Harri's whistle comes trottong
over and runs right into Regina, knocking both of them over.

Daisy-chan bops Cash on the nose for snickering as he was supposed to
make sure she didnt get lost. Iowna a bit incensed follows her nose to
Daisy-chan and bops her back. "I wuz not lost, I wuz following his
tail!. Now, I gotta figure out who I just knockeded over". Muttering
she retraces to find a soft fur that seems to be giggling.

Iowna cocks her head to the side and says "Sorry about dat. I'z
usually purtty graceful but Iz sumtimes runns faster dan mai nose. U
ok?"

Still giggling, Regina replies:
"Eet iz ok, dis is Regina, no harm done. You are just being a good
guiding goggie and it was mine responsibility to stay out of your way! I
have not much experience wif le goggies, but you seem like quite the
helpful one."

Old September 3rd 14, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Rex and Regina DesChat wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

With a huge grin, Iowna makes a proper sort of curtzy and gives a quick
nuzzle then sniffs about and catches Cash then with a wink, trotts off
to their campsite very nearby where Harri was calling.

Daisy-chan shrugs, removes a small thermos from her carryall and folds
into an elegant 4 legged Japanese sitting stance, toes and ankles
tucked 'just so'. She pours tea (green with a little nip added) for
Regina and sits back. If the tea is accepted, the apology is
understood though there is no blame. JUst a sort of 'oops'.