Woo Hoo, Dusty went!

Old December 1st 03, 03:09 AM
TJ and The Dust

Default Woo Hoo, Dusty went!

This is a bit descriptive... Poop purrs worked!

Now I don't know if it was the Petramalt but The Dust has made a healthy deposit
into the Bank O' Litter!

The last time he pooped was Wednesday morning. He didn't poop in the box but
just outside of the box. I had the top of the box off then. So we go the whole
day, day four, today with no poop. He wolfs down his wet food this morning,
grazes the dry bowl, stole a big piece of turkey from my daughter and ate that
and then just now he ate the rest of the canned food for dinner. I was in the
laundry room and I thought "hmmm, maybe I should put the box top back on the
boodaloo". Perhaps he was craving routine. What made me think of this is that
a few days ago he rejected drinking water from the glass bowl (with filtered
water and ice cubes) that I put in the kitchen for him. He kept following me
into my bathroom and jumping up on the tub edge meowing in the spot where I used
to put his hard plastic water bowls when Kody d*g was alive. (I have a big deck
around my tub so don't try and picture fatboy balancing on the edge of the tub)
I pulled out one his plastic bowls from under the sink, filled it with water
from the tub faucet and put it down in the exact same spot and lo and behold he
drank like a fish and has been since.

So back to the box. I put the lid back on while Dust was finishing up his
dinner in the kitchen. I left for a bit then went back in the laundry room to
empty the dryer and noted a familiar smell. PEEUUU! I took the top off the box
and there was a perfectly normal poop, a bit more than he usually does at a time
but it wasn't hard or anything. So maybe he wasn't constipated but just
"holding" it until the box was back in order? Like I said he never acted
uncomfortable. My DH thinks I am nuts for being so happy.

He has one of those covered boxes where the opening is covered and has to be
entered from under the lid. Kinda like a hood. It kept Kody from "snacking".
I just figured since he was weaker he wouldn't want to climb in and up and then
squeeze back out anymore. He has pee'd in it just fine but maybe the poop was a
different story. I mean heck, I can't do my number 2 business in a public
restroom. Way to open. LOL, way to much info huh?

TJ and The Free Flowing Dust

Old December 1st 03, 03:37 AM
Yowie

Only a true catslave could get *excited* about a big smelly poop in the cat
litter.

WooHoo, way to go Dusty!

Yowie

Old December 1st 03, 04:09 AM
Christine Burel

Yay! Happy for the both of you! As for the descriptive parts, been there,
done that, too, recently!
Christine

Old December 1st 03, 04:10 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:09:18 -0700, "TJ and The Dust"
wrote:

[...]

Poop Power Reigns! Hoorah for Petromalt!
Old December 1st 03, 04:49 AM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

[...]

Awww sometimes they are just so conservative ;-)

Little Bit hates change of any kind as well. I have a reversible
comforter for my bed, and whenver I switch sides she takes a couple
days before she's willing to take a nap on the bed LOL Lucky for her
that the morning sunny spot hits the floor as well as the corner spot
of the bed - so even when the bed is brown instead of blue she still
has a nice warm spot for the morning nap.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old December 1st 03, 06:18 AM
Marina

"TJ and The Dust" wrote
This is a bit descriptive... Poop purrs worked!

Yay! Well done, Dusty! Frank also hates any changes in his routines.

--
Marina
Old December 1st 03, 11:55 AM
badwilson

All right! Go Dusty! Who knew he was such a creature of habit? I guess
you're stuck with the hard plastic bowl by the bathtub and the covered
litter box. Oh well, as long as he's drinkin' and poopin'!!!
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply

Old December 1st 03, 11:24 PM
polonca12000

Wonderful news!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"TJ and The Dust" wrote in message
This is a bit descriptive... Poop purrs worked!

Now I don't know if it was the Petramalt but The Dust has made a healthy

deposit
into the Bank O' Litter!

snip

Old December 2nd 03, 12:46 AM
Brenda

[...]

yayyyyyyyyyyyy! (isn't it amazing what our kitties will make us cheer
about?!?)
Brenda

Old December 3rd 03, 11:57 AM
Adrian

TJ and The Dust wrote:
This is a bit descriptive... Poop purrs worked!

Now I don't know if it was the Petramalt but The Dust has made a
healthy deposit into the Bank O' Litter!

Yes you're nuts;-) I'm sure your DH wouldn't want you any other way. We're
all happy for Dusty, just don't change things without his permission,
remember who's in charge.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.