[OT] Bye Guys!

Old July 30th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

Default Bye Guys!

On 2006-07-30, Cheryl penned:
On Sat 29 Jul 2006 10:56:26p, Cheryl wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

I think life often calls for finding new ways to deal with things
we don't like or feel comfortable with. Sometimes the realization
comes because of reacting in a way that bothers us. That's called
a "wake up call". Sometimes it takes a while to even get that call.
Or, a really bad result that wasn't intended. And of course,
accidents happen too.

OMG listen to me. It sounds like I could take my own words and heal
myself. I am good at saying it, bad at living it.

Cheryl, if we were all perfect, the world would be a boring place =)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 30th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default [OT] Bye Guys!

I'm sitting here crying as I read all your replies - *GOOD* tears, *HAPPY*
tears, *HEALING* tears. I'm *SO* sorry I can't reply to all of you
individually (but my left arm is starting to ache from all the things I'm
making it do that it is not used to doing). Feeling all the love and caring
that is coming from your posts is *EXACTLY* what I needed. Your wise
counsel will definitely be taken. And I'm going to keep reading even though
I can't reply - Ill be with you all in spirit.

Thank you, THANK you, THANK YOU!!!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Things just keep getting better and better - NOT!

Thursday the doctor told me my bloodwork showed I was very anemic and he
said my blood pressure was through the roof. He gave me prescriptions for
both.

Friday I had a really *BAD* day at work - my boss was riding me all day
long, even through lunch, then I found out on the way home that my
insurance wouldn't pay for the iron elixir to treat my anemia. I was
facing going home to hours on the phone arguing with them and probably
being further frustrated.

I admit I was in a *REALLY* bad mood. When I called Ben he said "I don't
want to hear about it." and that ****ed me off even worse. I got home and
started slamming doors and Ben got ****ed and said I was just trying to
get attention. I told him to f*ck off - a number of times. We were in
the garage and he pulled a male gorilla act by throwing a plastic garbage
can to the right of where I was standing. I got in his face and said, "Go
ahead and hit me instead of just posturing." He got even madder and
walked up to me really fast and "belly butted" me.

His 290 pounds sent my 125 pounds flying backwards. I put out my arms to
break my fall as I hit the cement floor and when my right hand hit I heard
a loud *CRACK*. One of the bones in my right arm, right above my wrist,
broke all the way through. When we got to the emergency room there was
about 100 people ahead of me so I thought I'd be there all night, but the
one small glimmer of luck I had was that they put me on the "fast track"
because of the nature of my injury and I was out in about 2.5 hours.

My arm is in a fiberglass cast (to allow for continued swelling) from
above my elbow down to my knuckles. I can't turn my hand, I can't wiggle
my fingers, I can't even use my arm to steady something while I manipulate
it with my left (and I find I can do very little using my left hand - it
has taken me almost 30 minutes to write this far). I don't know how I'm
going to work like this - or even drive the 1.5 hours to my work - so I'll
probably be on disability and half pay (after 2 weeks without pay) for the
next 6 weeks. That is if the orthopedist, who I have to see on Monday,
will give me medical leave - if he doesn't I'll be out of work without pay
(after all I've been through I don't have any more paid time off). Never
mind trying to find another job in a full arm cast!

This is going to be the nails in our financial coffin. I don't even know
if I want to continue living to face this - I'm just about done.

I'm sorry, but I won't be able to reply to this or other threads - my left
arm is already hurting from trying to type left-one-handed, and I'm too
depressed to even care to try. I just wanted you all to know that I
didn't leave in a huff, but because I couldn't participate any more.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 30th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

(not snipped purposefully)

{{{{{{ Catnipped }}}}}

That's about all I can say. What an awful couple of years you and your
family has had. I wish you nothing but the best. Good luck, sweetie!

kili

Old July 30th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Christina Websell wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message

No, you misunderstand. Ben and I have been together for over 20 years
and he has *NEVER* hit or threatened me - I really think this was a
miscalculation on his part rather than a deliberate act - as soon as I
went down he said "Oh my gawd, I f*cked up." He fully expected me to
have him arrested and he was going to give himself up.

It is *not* any kind of miscalculation to deliberately body butt your
wife and make her fall over and break her arm. Don't delude yourself by
thinking so. You should have had him arrested and what's more you should
tell him to get off his fat as* and get earning more money so you don't
have to take all the responsibility.
Can you tell I'm annoyed?

I think the woman who has lived with him for twenty years (without prior
incidents of the sort) should be a better judge than any of us, who only
know her through the newsgroup, don't you? Men tend to be uncomfortable
when their women are ill, and Cat-Nipped has evidently been having far
more than her fair share of ill-health and general misfortunes lately.
(That's not excusing her husband's behaviour, but apparently it was
basically just an unfortunate accident.)

Yes, exactly. Remember, this is the man who made me stop the car so he
could take a lizard off the winsheild and let him loose in the grass before
he got blown off and hurt.

I know he had *NO* excuse for doing what he did (and more importantly, so
does he). But remember that he has been going through everything I've been
going through (granted he doesn't feel my pain, but sometimes it's harder to
see someone you love hurting and not be able to do anything about it) - and
he has been trying to be the strong, calm one (he is the one who actually
handles the bills - and bill collectors) while I relieve my stress by
screaming, whining, crying, and slamming doors. Again, it is not excusabe,
but it is understandable that he misjudged and gave too strong a "belly
slam". He immediately assumed he would be going to jail for it and he
thought it right that he do so. But if I had had him arrested, I would be
totally helpless right now without anybody to even help me bathe and dress
myself (my family and friends are all in New Orleans busy trying to put
thier homes and their lives back together).

Anyway, instead of sitting uselessly in a jail cell, he'll be busy going to
work every day and then coming home to *all* the household chores as well as
doing everything for me that I can't do for myself.

Am I still mad at him for doing this to me? Yes, furious! Can I understand
and eventually forgive him this one outburst in all our 20 tears together?
Yes, definitely. What will I do if anything even remotely like this happens
again? Have his ass put *under* the jail and get an immediate divorce!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Purrs for Cat-Nipped and prayers for a happy solution to her recent
troubles. (Don't EVER let yourself get so depressed you think suicide is
a viable solution to anything - life is much too interesting to leave it
before you must!)

Old July 30th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel

{{{{Catnipped}}}} and many purrs from us here. Please hang in there and try
to just take one day at a time -- you've had an extremely stressful year and
it takes a while to try and recover from that emotionally and physically,
even in spite of your latest setback. Lurk and read if you have trouble
posting and try to enjoy the good stories here. Will be thinking of you and
sending purrs.
Christine and Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker

"kilikini" wrote in message
.. .

Old July 30th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"CatNipped" wrote:
This is going to be the nails in our financial coffin. I don't even know if
I want to continue living to face this - I'm just about done.

I'm sorry, but I won't be able to reply to this or other threads - my left
arm is already hurting from trying to type left-one-handed, and I'm too
depressed to even care to try. I just wanted you all to know that I didn't
leave in a huff, but because I couldn't participate any more.

I'm so sorry. I'm sending purrs for your broken arm and for your well
being.

You mention your mortgage a lot. It may be a big worry, but it also
gives you a fallback position - I know you probably got it at the
height of the .com boom, but with your kids grown up, the tax
deductions not being as significant as it once was, and with some
appreciation on the property... Selling it is something you have in
your back pocket that can change the whole picture.

Old July 30th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Christina Websell wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message

[...]

It was a knee-jerk reaction from me because I hate domestic violence so
much, you wouldn't believe how much.
I had an alcoholic husband who found it difficult to control his temper even
when he was sober and I have had to watch him cutting up the kitchen with a
chain saw and run when he came after me with it.
Add to that that I see several referrals *every* *day* at my workplace about
domestic violence and you might understand my reaction.
I thought "oh, no, not another big man injuring a smaller woman" - and also
because it was you, Lori, I saw red.
I am still seeing it slightly pink. Dulled down a bit as you seem to think
it's a one off and you have your mind made up about what to do if it isn't.
Keep safe.

Tweed

Old July 30th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Christina Websell wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message

[...]

No problem, I understand completely - I have that same reaction. I too used
to be married to an abusive alcoholic and I used to make excuses for it...
until the first time he threatened my children. Then, out of nowhere, I
grew a backbone, kicked him out, and have *NEVER* put up with any of that
sh*t ever again.

Right after this happened Ben did *NOT* say, "but you made me so mad," or
"you shouldn't have gotten in my face," or *ANY* other excuse spousal
abusers use (and believe me I've heard them all). What he said was, "Oh my
gawd, I f*cked up!," and "I know I'm going to jail for this and I deserve
to." He is not an abusive person looking for a punching bag. He took full
responsibility for what he did and has been meekly taking all my anger at
him since then as his just deserts.

I'm still seeing red myself, but I can forgive him (as I could not forgive
an abuser) and I really don't think he will *EVER* let his anger cause any
miscalculations ever again - he knows he's had his one and only chance.

Tweed, *THANK YOU* for your concern and care - I understand completely where
you're coming from.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 30th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

CatNipped wrote:

snip...
One of the bones in my right arm, right above my wrist, broke
all the way through. snip... (or should that be snap?!)

Ugh, how awful for you. But of course this guarantees the job offers
will come rolling in now...

I have a saying near my monitor which I read when I have tough times:
I may not be able to control what is happening, but I can control how I
react to it. It has helped me though some pretty bad days.

Purrs for a speedy recovery.
Bobble

Old July 30th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

No, we only got it 2.5 years ago - and paid more than it was worth because I
was losing my oil company job in a month and we couldn't take the time to
negotiate or look for something else because we knew this would be our only
chance to purchase a house since I could only get a job at half the salary
(this is when every big company started to outsource web development to
India and China). We don't have *ANY* equity (or is the term escrow?) so we
would probably lose money by selling it (and rent in Houston is almost as
much as our house note). Ben keeps telling me to quit worrying about our
finances and let him handle it and right now that's what I'm going to try
really hard to do. He thinks we can keep the house, but we'll have to put
up with bill collectors calling about the credit cards (even though we have
never been 30 days overdue - at the most 20 days late - they *STILL* call
and harass us and that makes my stomach churn).

Purrs are needed that I can let go of my worries (the hardest thing I'll
ever have to do since I'm *SO* obsessive-compulsive).

--

Hugs,

CatNipped