New here - Hello from Bettina

Old September 7th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Default New here - Hello from Bettina

Hello there,

after reading here for about ten days I found out that I want to give
my 2 pence every now and then. So I think it`s about time to introduce
me and my gang to the group here. It feels so good to have found other
slaves to the furballs. I am obviously not the only crazy can-opener
who does everything to make his cats feel good. Cat owner`s concerns,
problems, joys and amusements are seemingly the same all over the
world.
O.K. we live in Germany, in the rural countryside east of Berlin.
Beautiful landscape, no jobs, agricultural area. I moved here from
South Germany, after the wall had come down in 1999, for here were
affordable old farmhouses to have.
Me and my cats wanted to say hi to all of you. Please be understanding,
as my english sometimes might be way off.g

kind regards

Bettina,
owned by Moritz, Lissinda (aka Lissie), Zorrolina (aka Zorro),
Felix, Hugo and Luna. Host to Mohrchen, Julius and Peter.

Old September 7th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lightwell wrote:
[...]

Hi Bettina! Welcome! Wow...you really *are* a proper cat slave...you
have six kitties? I have five (for the moment!)
Now you must introduce us to them and tell us a little about each one.
Don't worry about your English, it sounds great to me.
Sherry

Old September 7th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Lightwell" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Welcome I am owned currently by 5 cats and one Hemmingway kitten

Old September 7th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

after reading here for about ten days I found out that I want to give
my 2 pence every now and then. So I think it`s about time to introduce
me and my gang to the group here. It feels so good to have found other
slaves to the furballs. I am obviously not the only crazy can-opener
who does everything to make his cats feel good. Cat owner`s concerns,
problems, joys and amusements are seemingly the same all over the
world.

Welcome, Bettina and family! Indeed, cat slave concerns do seem to be the
same the world over.

I'm Dan, I live in southern California in the southwest US, and have 6
furry masters - Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat, Amelia T Cat,
Samuel Redcat, Tabitha Fluffytail, Harri Roadcat, and Ranger Greykitten.

Old September 7th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 7 Sep 2006 06:00:12 -0700, "Lightwell" wrote:

[...]

Welcome, Bettina! Look forward to hearing about your kitties.

Mine are Cosmo, Internet, Trill, Wolfie, Brando, Merlyn, Arthur, Jack
and Kate. Yep, I have nine!

Ginger-lyn
Crazy Cat Lady

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old September 7th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Lightwell" wrote in message
[...]

Welcome Bettina.

Don't worry to much about your english. Some of the rest of us have
problems with it too, and its our only language.

Looking forward to hearing about your cats.

Jo

Old September 7th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 7 Sep 2006 06:00:12 -0700, "Lightwell" yodeled:

[...]

Welcome to you and all your masters!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old September 7th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Welcome, Bettina!
Lily & her mama from the USA

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old September 7th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Hi Sherry,

thank you for your warm welcome.
Well, 5 cats are a lot either. g
Here in germany most people have at best only two and consider me
to be crazy for having so many of them. But - I didn`t plan to, they
happened to me. And - I live in a house in the countryside and they
don`t have to live in an apartement, they can roam free as a cat should
- in my humble opinion.

If living in an apartement I would probably have only two, to keep
themselves company.
I feel so sorry for alone living cats.

Now, as you asked for it, I will introduce my furry monsters to you.
You know - I knew that I loved my cats a lot, but after reading some
days
in rec.pets.anecdotes and rec.pets.healthandbehaviour, I came to know
that
I really LOVE my cats. g Like you all do here.
OK, here the introduction begins, there is:

Moritz, the big black - son of gentle Benjamin (RIP) and wonderful
mother Luzie (RIP).
Moritz looks as if wearing a smoking. All black and a white chest. The
only cat I`ve never seen a spot of dirt on. He is a real gentleman and
the boss of the gang. Although a lot of other male cats visit our house
he always plays it cool and just ignores them. Very seldomly he decides
to throw one of them out, but when he decides to give the mean cat he
really looks and sounds frightening. WoW!

Lissinda, the bold black and white one - sister of Moritz.
Bold refers to her figure not her character. It took ages for her to
leave the safe place under the sofa. Now she is, despite her very round
appearance, a deadly night hunter and is stockpiling twice a week our
kitchen with mice.

Zorrolina, the one with the black mask - sister of Moritz.
I believed Zorro to be a male, hence the name. It is difficult to
determine a kittens gender.
My fault.g Zorro is a slim, sweet, cuddly black and white one.( I
think she is my favourite, but I don`t like to admit it. In the end all
are my favourite ones. I helped Luzie giving birth to Zorro, that might
have made a special bond.)

Felix, the big red - when I moved to the new village he used to live at
my neighbour (a 70 year old Lady with about 7 to 10 cats living in and
around her little house). One year after my arrival Felix got ill and
the old lady wouldn`t call the vet as that would have involved spending
money.
So I took him to the vet ( with her permission) and cared for him. He
then decided to move into my house.g He is a big, red and white
tabby. A friendly, quiet cuddler.

Hugo, the Nervous - found him three years ago some day in the bathroom,
behind my washing machine, together with his his sister Sina. Both
appr. 8 weeks old. The backdoor is open the whole summer, so they must
have sneaked in. Hugo is a lean, fast hunter, grey-white tabby. Spends
day and night outside, pursuing utmost urgent businesses. Deep at night
he drops in, empties the feeding bowl, catches a bit affection and
climbs the bookshelf to get some sleep. Very busy guy.

Luna, the little Cutie - she was presented to me one day last year in
the summer. At 6 o`clock in the morning someone was yelling my name on
top of his lungs through my bedroom-window. I sat upright in a matter
of nano-seconds, deeply shocked, staggered to the window expecting
WordWar III.
There, a neighbour was balancing on his bicycle, reaching up to me
something little I couldn`t make out at first (glasses still on bedside
table). I grabbed the little furry thing which worked out to be another
kitten sighg. He`d found it on his way to work beside her mother,
which had been murdered by another car-driver. Luna is a fine, little
grey and white cat who loves to walk all over me and put her whiskers
up my nose, and then having nailed me to the floor with both her
forepaws, loves to bite me tenderly in the tip of my nose. That gives
her great satisfaction.bg

Well, so much for the ones I consider to be mine.

There is more, as Mohrchen, Julius and Peter try to make our house
their home too.
I am thinking about it. Winter is nearing. We'll see how they adapt, as
at the moment they're spitting at each other every time they meet
accidentaly in my living-room. sigh.

You asked for it. A lot of text. Sorry.
Now, do you feel like dropping a line or two about your cats?

bye for now
Bettina

Old September 7th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Hi Matthew,

thanks for the friendly welcome.

Again, 5 cats is a lot. It is hard to stay in charge with so many
strong characters around.
And I find it hard to get something out of the fridge for me.
Usually I end up feeding the cats, close the fridgedoor and remember
that initally I was hungry and wanted to get something.sigh

It`s a hard life owning cats.g I love it though.

And I laugh a lot reading the posts in this group.
So I decided to share my hard life with the other slaves.
What is a Hemmingway Kitten?

bfn
Bettina