New here - Hello from Bettina

Old September 7th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Default New here - Hello from Bettina

Dan M wrote:
after reading here for about ten days I found out that I want to give
my 2 pence every now and then. So I think it`s about time to introduce
me and my gang to the group here. It feels so good to have found other
slaves to the furballs. I am obviously not the only crazy can-opener
who does everything to make his cats feel good. Cat owner`s concerns,
problems, joys and amusements are seemingly the same all over the
world.

Welcome, Bettina and family! Indeed, cat slave concerns do seem to be the
same the world over.

I'm Dan, I live in southern California in the southwest US, and have 6
furry masters - Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat, Amelia T Cat,
Samuel Redcat, Tabitha Fluffytail, Harri Roadcat, and Ranger Greykitten.

Hi Dan,

thanks for welcoming me so friendly.
Looks like not so few people have more than two cats.
I am not the only eccentric around. Great!
And what crazy things cat lovers do for their beloved ones.g
I don't eat meat. Not because I am a vegetarian, tried that, couldn't
manage.
But because I have no change to get some leftovers.gg

bfn
Bettina

bfn
Bettina

Old September 7th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Welcome, Bettina! You are far from the only crazy cat-loving can
opener in this bunch!

And I say that if you can toss off a phrase like "slaves to the
furballs", your English is just fine.

Joyce

Lightwell wrote:

Hello there,

after reading here for about ten days I found out that I want to give
my 2 pence every now and then. So I think it`s about time to introduce
me and my gang to the group here. It feels so good to have found other
slaves to the furballs. I am obviously not the only crazy can-opener
who does everything to make his cats feel good. Cat owner`s concerns,
problems, joys and amusements are seemingly the same all over the
world.
O.K. we live in Germany, in the rural countryside east of Berlin.
Beautiful landscape, no jobs, agricultural area. I moved here from
South Germany, after the wall had come down in 1999, for here were
affordable old farmhouses to have.
Me and my cats wanted to say hi to all of you. Please be understanding,
as my english sometimes might be way off.g

kind regards

Bettina,
owned by Moritz, Lissinda (aka Lissie), Zorrolina (aka Zorro),
Felix, Hugo and Luna. Host to Mohrchen, Julius and Peter.

--
To reply privately, take the X's out of my user ID.
Old September 7th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

wrote:
On 7 Sep 2006 06:00:12 -0700, "Lightwell" wrote:

Hello there,

[...]

Welcome, Bettina! Look forward to hearing about your kitties.

Mine are Cosmo, Internet, Trill, Wolfie, Brando, Merlyn, Arthur, Jack
and Kate. Yep, I have nine!

Ginger-lyn
Crazy Cat Lady

Hi Ginger-Lyn,

Jippie, another one. Nine is WOW. Who ones the sofa?g
And how got Internet his/her name? Just curious.
Thanks for welcoming us.

bfn Bettina

Old September 7th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Welcome Bettina.

Don't worry to much about your english. Some of the rest of us have
problems with it too, and its our only language.

Looking forward to hearing about your cats.

Jo

Hi Jo,

thanks for encouraging me. My english is not bad I now,
but it is always possible that I miss a second meaning of something or
write utter trash because I don`t know the hidden jokes.
Just didn`t want to make that clear in front to avoid nasty flames.

bfn Bettina

Old September 7th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Welcome to you and all your masters!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Thank you, Theresa,
I feel really good for all the friendly responses I got.
Looking forward to read stories and post stories.
I just did a long post about my kitties.
(I call no one master)bg

Thinking about it - I could name the next cat "Sir". hmmm.....

bfn Bettina

Old September 7th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

Lightwell wrote:
Hello there,

[...]

Guten tag und wilkommen, Bettina.

And that is most of the German I remember from my college German
courses 20+ years ago. =o) In any language, another cat lover is
always welcome. A nice old farmhouse sounds like the ideal atmosphere
for your cats, as you appear to have quite a family of them.

My somewhat smaller family consists of Francesca, a brown tabby female
who is almost three years old, and her now adult kitten, Nina who is
also a brown tabby although she has white on her face, chest and tummy
and four white paws.
I look forward to hearing more about your cats.

Oh, and so far, I think your English is very good, but we're a friendly
lot, so don't worry about occasional confusion. =o)
Melissa

Old September 7th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lightwell

Irulan wrote:
Welcome, Bettina!
Lily & her mama from the USA

Thank you very much Lily and her Mama.
Now I am confused. Is it human Lily and human Mama
or kittyLilly and humanMama?
Sorry about that.

Anyway, I feel very good here.
Nice people, nice families.

bye for now
Bettina

Old September 7th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

But because I have no change to get some leftovers.gg

I'm familiar with that situation too! Tabitha, Amelia, and Harri all
insist on sampling all people food they see.

I'll describe my clowder for you.

Cleo was rescued from the local animal shelter several years ago. She is a
beautiful, fluffy silver-coated longhair, more than 10 years old, weighing
about 6 pounds. She rules the house.

Amelia is a shorthaired tortoiseshell, and is rather large. Our nickname
for her is "Hoover Girl", as once the other kitties are through with their
breakfast dishes Amelia vacuums out any remaining crumbs. She has been
with us for about 5 years, and is just over 5 years old. She was adopted
from a cat welfare agency.

Tabitha is a small fluffy black longhair. She looks like a Persian. She is
very quiet and shy, but insists on sharing all people food that is eaten
in her presence. She is about 3 years old. My wife rescued her from
neighbors of my brother who were moving and were unable to take their
kittens with them.

Samuel is a long, lean orange tabby. He is the gentlest kitty I have ever
known. He insists on climbing up on my chest when I go to bed and kneading
on me. He is just a month or so younger than Tabitha. He was abandoned in
the parking lot of a grocery warehouse where I was working.

Harri Roadcat adopted a family in eastern Illinois (US midwest), but the
other cats living in the house didn't get along with her at all. The
Illinois family reluctantly decided that they needed to find a new home
for Harri. I was driving a semitruck (what the Brit's call a "lorry", I
guess) at the time. I managed to get routed through Illinois, and I
adopted Harri. Harri rode in the big truck with me all over the US. That's
how she got "Roadcat" appended to her name. She is about 2 years old, and
is a small kitty. She is a red tabby.

Ranger was adopted by my wife while I was out on the road. He's just over
a year old, and is a lovely grey shorthair with a little white spot on hsi
chest. I think he looks like a Russian Grey (Marina, he looks a lot like
Miranda). He is pure kitten! If there is a window screen to be climbed or
a box to be destroyed, Ranger will take care of it.

Old September 7th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Lightwell" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Matthew,

thanks for the friendly welcome.

Again, 5 cats is a lot. It is hard to stay in charge with so many
strong characters around.
And I find it hard to get something out of the fridge for me.
Usually I end up feeding the cats, close the fridgedoor and remember
that initally I was hungry and wanted to get something.sigh

It`s a hard life owning cats.g I love it though.

And I laugh a lot reading the posts in this group.
So I decided to share my hard life with the other slaves.
What is a Hemmingway Kitten?

A Hemmingway cat is a knick name for cats with 6 toes on one or more of
their feet, They are named after the writer who has a house in the Florida
keys where nothing but 6 toes cats live that are original descendants of
his own cats I believe from 1893

bfn
Bettina

You got that backwards Bettina THEY OWN US ;-)