Tiger likes the Zoom Groom

Old December 21st 06, 12:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

Default Tiger likes the Zoom Groom

I have been grooming Tiger with the Zoom Groom for the last few weeks.
He seems to like it. Hopefully, when his hair has fully grown back this
will prevent mats. This could take a year or more.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old December 21st 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

---MIKE--- wrote:
I have been grooming Tiger with the Zoom Groom for the last few weeks.
He seems to like it. Hopefully, when his hair has fully grown back this
will prevent mats. This could take a year or more.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

why has tiger got no hair currently? the zoom groom sounds similar to
something i have called a 'love glove' which is basically a mitt you
put on which has stipples on one side to stroke the cat with and it
picks up loads of shed hairs. i think you get it from a company called
four paws, not sure. My old cat jasper used to love it, better than
combing or brushing, but my current puss jessie doesn't but then she
hates being combed at all.
you could probably get on at a pet store somewhere, very useful and
effective piece of kit
Bookie

Old December 21st 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

Bookie asked:

why has tiger got no hair currently?

Tiger was shaved back in June when his mats were out of control. Being
at least part Maine Coon, his hair won't grow back fully for almost two
years. I have a love glove but the projections on the Zoom Groom are
much bigger - about 3/4 of an inch long. And there are only 26 of them.
They are quite flexible.