Blind cat adoption tips?

Old December 18th 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

Default Blind cat adoption tips?

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Phil P. wrote:

She was definitely an owned cat at some point because she loves being

pet
and held. I think she might have been dumped because of her condition

since
she was found wandering around in circles meowing in the street.

It's **** like that which makes me hate people.

Then you'll just "love" Snowy's story...

http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/...tory-print.htm

Old December 18th 06, 06:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"bookie" wrote in message
oups.com...

She was definitely an owned cat at some point because she loves being

pet
and held. I think she might have been dumped because of her condition

since
she was found wandering around in circles meowing in the street.

that is ****ing awful, that someone takes on an animal and then dumps
it when that animals need help the most, makes me ashamed to be human
really. This happens all the time and it really sickens me; people
ignore their responsibilites of properly looking after a pet, they shun
that responsibility which we as a species took on centuries ago when we
domesticated these animals for our benefit to catch vermin etc. We owe
these animals a duty of care and to allow an animal who has loved us
and been there for us and who we have got accustomed to a certain level
of comfort and security to continue in such pain and suffering is
unforgiveable, it is evil really to do this kind of thing.
i believe in 'what goes around comes around' and i truly hope it really
happens in this case to the scum who left her in this state

Dumping sick pets is nothing new. Practically of the animals we get that
have special needs we get from vets whose clients couldn't or just don't
want to be bothered treating their pets' illnesses. Some animals are even
punished for being sick.

These are the things that make tremble during adoptions- that's why I don't
handle very many. If you work in animal rescue or animal care, your faith
in human nature will go straight down the tubes- quickly- if not sooner.

Old December 18th 06, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Phil P. wrote:

Then you'll just "love" Snowy's story...

http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/...tory-print.htm

Ya know, I have seen some ****ed-up repugnant **** during my lifetime.
I was once the first on the scene of a double-fatality vehicle crash.
But nothing makes me as sick in the soul as something like this.

-L.

Old December 19th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

-L. wrote:
Phil P. wrote:

Then you'll just "love" Snowy's story...

http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/...tory-print.htm

Ya know, I have seen some ****ed-up repugnant **** during my lifetime.
I was once the first on the scene of a double-fatality vehicle crash.
But nothing makes me as sick in the soul as something like this.

-L.

Then you're one sick *******. The suffering of an animal cannot even
begin to be compared to that of a human being. That's the problem with
you and other warped mental-cases like yourself... You got your
priorities all ****ed up. Animals don't have FAMILIES, azzhole. They
don't have kids in school or mortage payments or a FUTURE, etc., etc.
You people...... you're about as spaced out and ****ing wacko as a
person can possibly get (and all by your own choice, I might add).
Besides... we don't know if someone 'poured' it of the dog. It was
probably and accident. Just the sort of thing we need the animal cops
investigating, so they use all their undeserved power to crucify some
otherwise-loving and caring pet owner.
Get a life, you dickless prick. See a shrink (if you kan find one that
doesn't think like you). You're damaged goods, whoever you are, if you
continue to make comparisons like the one you made above. Emotionally
crippled touchie-feely scew-ball....

IBen Getiner

Old December 19th 06, 09:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

IBen Getiner wrote:
bookie wrote:
dear all
i am seriously considering adopting an old cat who is blind, or rather
has had to have her eyes removed because of eye infections which woudl
not clear up. What i am wondering is how she will cope in a new house
and what i can do to make life easier for her to get about.

To the rest of you.... I know you're reading this. And I know the
drill. Just wanted to let you know I'll be here for awhile. If any of
you wanted to take a vacation, now's the time. Believe me.
IBen Getiner

LOL...!!

"Power to make multitudes run screaming in terror at the touch of my
little invisible finger. Even the moon's frightened of me - frightened
to death. The whole world is frightened to death!"

Claude Rains-- The Invisible Man, 1933

Old December 19th 06, 10:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"-L." wrote in message
ps.com...

Phil P. wrote:

Then you'll just "love" Snowy's story...

http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/...tory-print.htm

Ya know, I have seen some ****ed-up repugnant **** during my lifetime.
I was once the first on the scene of a double-fatality vehicle crash.
But nothing makes me as sick in the soul as something like this.

If whoever did this to Snowy is very lucky, the cops will get him before I
do.

Old December 19th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

IBen Getiner wrote:
-L. wrote:
Phil P. wrote:

[...]

I am assuming that normally you would not be allowed to use a computer
without an adult present but there is noone in the house right now to
supervise you and you have been let loose, so a few points to bear in
mind...
1) i would hope that -L is dickless as she is a woman
2) this is a news groups about animals to which mainly animal lovers
and those who care about their welfare post to. These people choose to
spend their spare time rescuing abused animals before they spend their
time helping out 'needy' humans therefore it is highly likely that the
people who post here will hold the sorts of views that -L and myself
have expressed, so if you do not like to read these views or disagree
with them so vehemently i suggest you do not join the group or
contribute.
3) everyone is entitled to their own opinion without unqualified
inidviduals like yourself making comments such as 'see a shrink'. Are
you a qualified psychologist? i doubt it somehow.
4) I for one agree with -L as to me creatures such as the puppy inthe
court case in fulton county, the cat with ringworm who was allowed to
continue without veterinary care, adn this case of snowy which i have
no yet brought myself to read yet because I know it will upset me are
usually completely unable to prevent the abuse which we humans inflict
on them. think about it; is the cat with ringworm able to make itself
an appointment with the vet? was the puppy who was put into an oven and
baked to death by 2 psychotic (and I use that term inthe proper sense
here, meaning that they have no regard for the feelings of others and
possibly little awareness) teenagers abel to do much about that before
it slowly cooked? it was a trusting little soul who thought that all
humans were there to look after it, to play with and provide love and
affection and it was horribly let down.

as I have said before we huamns owe a duty of care to the animals we
take on and have domesticated and if it is in our power to stop their
suffering from disease or abuse then we should be doing so as most
animals can rarely do this for themselves. YOu said that animals do not
have families etc, you are very wrong? if a mother dog is killed who is
going to nurse her unweaned pups? what about the companion animals left
behind, we have all seen animals mourn the loss of a friend, you
obviously have not. and what about the human families left behind to
whom the animal has given years of companionship and support, they will
suffer too.

just think about what you say and who you are saying it to before you
start typing next time and you may not end up lookign like such a
complete cretin in future

Old December 19th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

"bookie" wrote in message
oups.com...

IBen Getiner wrote:
-L. wrote:
Phil P. wrote:

[...]

I'm not disagreeing with you, but remember that humans were put into ovens
too, in Auswitch.

My point is that being cruel to animals often goes hand in hand with being
cruel to humans. Almost all serial killers started out their "careers" by
torturing animals. If a person is sick enough to want to cause pain to
*ANY* sensate creature, that person is a danger to society and should be
permanently removed from society.

It's a moot point to me which is worse - both are unacceptable.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 21st 06, 07:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

CatNipped wrote:
"bookie" wrote in message
oups.com...

IBen Getiner wrote:
-L. wrote:
Phil P. wrote:

[...]

Man, there's nothing I hate worse than a luke-warm wimp...

IBen Getiner

Old December 21st 06, 07:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

CatNipped wrote:
I'm not disagreeing with you, but remember that humans were put into ovens
too, in Auswitch.

My point is that being cruel to animals often goes hand in hand with being
cruel to humans. Almost all serial killers started out their "careers" by
torturing animals. If a person is sick enough to want to cause pain to
*ANY* sensate creature, that person is a danger to society and should be
permanently removed from society.

It's a moot point to me which is worse - both are unacceptable.

Of course - but that's not the point I made. The point I made was I
have seen some awful things in my lifetime but purposeful cruelty is
something I still cannot stomach. I don't care if it is to a dog, cat
or human baby - it's all horrible.

-L.