[OT] I dare you all...

Old February 13th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default [OT] I dare you all...

Pat wrote:
"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote
Pat purred:
Call me a troll but I am crying my heart out right now in sorrow. I
had heard and read some facts about mass production of meat but the
knowledge was purely conceptual until today.

Before you post any recipe, I dare you to watch this to the end:

(narrated by Alec Baldwin, and one of today's "top movers and
shakers" on google video)

Sorry. I am so very sorry.

Watched it - PETA propaganda is all I can say.

OK, I guess I'm really ignorant but I don't understand what PETA
might have to gain by doing this. If they are a group who cares about
animal welfare, as they claim, I cannot imagine that they would fake
the scenes of animal suffering shown in that video.

They DON'T care about animal welfare. They care about their profits.
Period. When Hurricane Katrina hit PETA issued a press release claiming to
have sent "countless" rescuers to help with the abandoned pets. Skeptics
that we are around here, a local radio station in Memphis finally tracked
someone down at PETA who said, well, okay, they sent three people. THREE
people. Thousands of animals left behind during the evacuation, they sent
THREE people. Yet their press release made it sound like they were the
****ing infantry charging in to save the day. PETA is a self-serving money
making JOKE.

Jill

Old February 13th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"jmcquown" wrote

| A video won't convince me to be a vegetarian,
| I don't give a crap who narrates it.

Far be it from me to attempt to convince you of anything, by any means. I
don't give a crap what you do. In fact, please go eat as much bacon grease
as you can, right now.

http://www.allenginsberg.org/library...deo&AGTID=7012

Old February 13th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"jmcquown" wrote

| Anticipating being called a troll is akin to being paranoid in my book.

Let me put it another way. I don't give a crap if you call me a troll, I
expect you will and it makes no difference, the issue is one that I care
about, I don't give a crap about PETA and it makes no difference to me if
it's Dick Cheney or Margaret Thatcher or Bozo the Clown or Jerry Falwell or
Ben Franklin doing the narration on a video, the content is what counts -
that is, the words and the moving and/or still pictures. They tell the
story. Now please, go have a double cheeseburger with bacon and a huge
milkshake and super-size-me fries and apple pie, then stick your head back
into your ass and leave me alone.

Old February 13th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default I dare you all...

Sherry wrote:

I understand. I did not go to the website, but I can imagine what it
was. It may be blown out of proportion, since sometimes those things
are, but no doubt it is still horrific.
I don't have a problem with eating meat, per se; but I *do* have a
problem with it when the nice clean slab of meat I get from the
supermarket counter got there by way of horrific suffering on the part
of the animal. I can't believe *anyone* who calls themselves an animal
lover could say that doesn't bother them.
I don't eat beef anyway, but I do try to buy organic, freeranging
chicken. Never Tyson.

I'm with you, Sherry. I won't watch the video, either. It seems strange
to me, too, that people who call themselves animal lovers don't care
about how production animals are treated. I don't eat meat, but that's
primarily because my kidneys can't take animal protein. Along the way,
in my 20 or so years as a vegetarian, I have gradually developed an
aversion to meat, and the ethical treatment of animals has become even
more important to me. It was hard the first times I had to cut up meat
for Miranda, but I've hardened myself now. I do try to find organic meat
in the shops for her, because I can't see how having a finicky cat would
justify supporting the torture of other animals. Apparently, though,
cows are treated pretty well in Finland (we have pretty strict laws in
this area), so I always make sure the beef is domestic. If I buy pork,
it's organic.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old February 13th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.

A big "me too." I stopped eating beef because of the saturated fat
effect
on artery disease. Now I have a real aversion to it, too. It just
smells bad
and tastes bad to me now. I cook it for DH. I buy it local. I think
Pat is right
to be outraged. I would never preach to anyone against eating meat.
But
*all* animals have a right to a decent life and just as importantly, a
swift and painless death. Anything less is just not acceptable to me.

Sherry

Old February 13th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Sounds like something they would serve enjoy

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I'm going to McDonalds and see if I can get a 20 piece kitten
McNuggets.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Matthew" wrote in message
:
:
: I'm a meat eater and I don't apologize for it. Yes I know
where my
: hamburgers and chicken nuggets come from. I've even toured
: slaughterhouses. I came away from that experience needing a
shower to get
: the smell off, but hungry for a good steak.
:
: Jo
: That sounds like a great idea for dinner. I think I am going
to outback
: tonight and have the Melbourne 20 oz porterhouse medium rare
:
:

Old February 13th 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Now you get high and mighty again. You stir up the pot and when it gets to
hot you cry about it. Please this is so typical

et...

Old February 13th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

[snips]

"jmcquown" wrote
| Who the hell called you a troll?

No cluons were harmed when Pat wrote:
Nobody the hell did but I sure anticipated being called one,
as that is what seems to happen in this group anytime I post
anything that could be seen as a challenge to the cherished
opinions and beliefs of many of its regulars.

Or it could be your martyr complex that sets people off...

Agreed

Hugs and Purrs and Toungue in Cheek,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old February 13th 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Sherry" wrote in message
oups.com...

end:http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...69508770398194

I understand. I did not go to the website, but I can imagine what it
was. It may be blown out of proportion, since sometimes those things
are, but no doubt it is still horrific.
I don't have a problem with eating meat, per se; but I *do* have a
problem with it when the nice clean slab of meat I get from the
supermarket counter got there by way of horrific suffering on the part
of the animal. I can't believe *anyone* who calls themselves an animal
lover could say that doesn't bother them.
I don't eat beef anyway, but I do try to buy organic, freeranging
chicken. Never Tyson.

Sherry

No offense Sherry but some of us it does bother. I wish there was a better
way. Propaganda films like that one show the worse of the worse with no
true acknowledgement of when and where it was done at. Typical PETA work.
Anything that they have their hands in I always find suspicious.

But being raised on a farm there is only a few ways to kill a pig, cow
or a chicken. No matter what way it is done they animal still dies some how
some way ethical or not. As a society we all are hypocrites. Everyone has
to take a look around this world we live in is a meat society. Just read
what you put in your mouth everyday.

People talk about free ranging animals that is fine and dandy. They
still have to walk up behind the chicken smack in the head to kill it than
cut off its head. They still have to put the cow in a pin to slaughter it.
Until technology and society grows up and gets ahead there will be no
change.

The comment about going to out back tonight was a pun. I don't eat red
meat except on occasion and then I go out to the local farmers to get my
meat; which is close to free ranging as it gets.

Now we all talk about the mass production of red meat but so easily forget
about the seafood industry.

But of course post like the one we are all commenting on is another of these
topics that has its lines drawn in the sand. Now lets see how many feelings
get hurt with this thread and how many RPCA members go at each others
throats this time.

Old February 13th 07, 06:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Magic Mood Jeep?" wrote:

I disregard anything that mentions them (and they were mentioned),
as well as anything Alec Baldwin does - and why is he still in this
country?? Didn't he, Susan Sarandon & Tim Robbins all state that
they would leave if GW were elected - the first time? It's been 7
years now, and they're still here (and so is GW). Time for them to
own up to their "promises" LOL

Well, I don't care much either way about Alec Baldwin, but don't you
go talkin' trash about Susan and Tim!! I love them both. Tim Robbins
starred in one of my favorite movies of all time, Jacob's Ladder. Susan
starred in one of my other all-time faves, Thelma & Louise. So I'd just
as soon keep them here, thank you!

How about we send Bill O'Reilly and Ann Coulter on an extended overseas
vacation? I'll stand at the gate and wave "Buh-bye!"

Oh, sorry, rest of world, I didn't mean that.

Joyce

Do I dare? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 19th 06 12:00 AM
[OT] [OT] Now I've seen it all.... Pat Cat anecdotes 24 August 1st 06 12:41 PM
[OT] Pup Shoots Man... Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 3 September 10th 04 07:16 AM
[OT] Purrs for Russian kids Yowie Cat anecdotes 46 September 6th 04 12:57 AM
How DARE you!!!!!!! Mischief Cat anecdotes 153 June 24th 04 01:50 AM