Omar would appreciate some feel-better purrs

Old October 16th 04, 01:12 AM
mlbriggs

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:47:00 -0600, Christine Burel wrote:

"CATherine" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:39:24 -0600, "Christine Burel"
wrote:

If ya'll could send some get well purrs for Omar; I think we'd both
appreciate it. On Monday night, he got bit on the foot in a spat with
Tucker. We spent several hours at the vet Monday night as a walk-in and

he
got put on Clavamox. He's been much less active although eating well

until
this afternoon and tonight he's been under my bed and he didn't eat

( I
talked to my regular vet tonight and we decided to stop the Clavamox; I'm
going to call her if he's not eating tomorrow a.m.
Thanks, guys.
Christine

this sounds serious. Like maybe he is also depressed. I hope the bite
heals soon without any complications. And I pray that he soon regains
his joy in life. What caused the spat? Does Tucker need help to mellow
out?

--
CATherine

CATherine, you're very insightful with your comments. Although tonight Omar
is doing better physically, I know he's always been unhappy about Tucker
being in our household, period; Midnight and Oreo aren't happy with it
either. Tucker is a sweet kitty but I'll never forget how scared and
defensive he was and I don't think he'll ever quite lose some of the feral
reactive behaviors from that. Although, he has changed dramatically for the
better from when he first started out here, Tucker reminds me somewhat of
what we've got with our son who has Asperger's (high functioning form of
autism with social deficits) -- Tucker just doesn't know how to read and
react to other cats; he would like to be friends with the other cats I think
but they do not like him. So we don't have a harmonius kitty household very
often I'm afraid and it takes the Feliway; lots of attention to all the cats
and their special needs; and, at times I'm working as hard to get my kitties
to be successful socially as I am working for my son. I wish things were
different but you do what you have to I guess; I promised them all I'd be
there for them, so I will.

Thanks for your good wishes,

Christine

How does your son and Tucker get along? Best wishes and purrs that they
have a positive relationship. MLB

Old October 16th 04, 02:59 PM
Christine Burel

news

wrote:

[...]

They really don't interact a whole lot but my son doesn't interact that much
with the kitties anyway -- if one jumps in his lap he pets it but Alex
doesn't cue in to kitty body language very well; the people version is hard
enough.

The cats don't feel the need to seek him out either as the slaves in this
household are first, yours truly, and second, my 11-yr-old daughter;
Midnight does have to exert her "ownership" of DH at times, though,
especially when he's sitting in the recliner. Then Middie plops her
well-endowed self on Byron's chest and purrs.
Christine