Guiness book of world records nomination: cat won't eat fish

Old March 14th 04, 04:38 AM
badwilson

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message

OK, so maybe it isn't really that rare, but it surprised me. I had a
tin of sardines as part of my supper a couple of nights ago, and
offered one of the sardines to Cinders. Rather to my surprise, she
sniffed it politely, but declined to eat it. The sardines were
packed in water, so it wasn't a case of the sardines being packed in
a sauce that she didn't like.

I haven't tried tuna yet. If she turns that down, I really will be
surprised.

Vino never used to eat the canned tuna, but suddenly started to a few months
ago. I've never given him sardines because Dennis won't let me buy any
sardines. Ever since he got food poisoning from a can of sardines, even the
sight of a can makes him nauseous. Vino really likes the dark greyish brown
fish fat from the bottom of a poached fish filet. I usually scrape off the
fatty part after it's cooked and Vino gobbles it up.
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 14th 04, 09:27 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old March 15th 04, 03:36 AM
badwilson

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message

There is one Garfield cartoon where he comes into the room, and says,
"MEOW", in Fraktur lettering (that fancy, spiky German script), with
an umlaut over the O. John, his owner, says, "Been eating the
pickled herring again?"

LOL! That's cute.