Cat Rescue Groups in AZ

Old September 14th 03, 11:35 PM
MacCandace

Default Cat Rescue Groups in AZ

I just complied a list of cat rescue groups in the Phoenix, AZ area for a
co-worker who has a mom and baby kittens in her backyard. Unfortunately, she
is not much of a cat lover and doesn't want to keep them or find homes for
them. She only spotted them today so does not yet even know if they are feral,
tame, or where the mom cat's food source is. She said the mom looked healthy
and that the kittens were walking well but since her backyard is not easily
accessible to small critters, she thinks that they must have been there since
birth (I guess she doesn't get out in her backyard much). She doesn't really
want to spend much money or expend much effort on them although she will be
willing to donate a little money and expend a little effort. She lives over an
hour away from me and isn't home much. The only possible good thing about all
this is that I think kitten season is officially over now so maybe the shelters
will have room for them. Part of this list I obtained from a google search but
there were 4 others that didn't come up under "cat rescue Arizona" that I was
aware of so those are added in. This is just a resource if there is anyone in
AZ who would like it:

Cat Rescue Groups in Phoenix Area

Animals Benefit Club of Arizona, Inc.
ABC's shelter, located at 3111 East St. John Road in northeast Phoenix, has
become a model for other no kill shelters throughout Arizona and elsewhere.
We are located at 3111 E. Saint John Rd,, (5 blocks North of Bell off 32nd St).
call (602) 867-2169
E-Mail:

Arizona Animal Welfare League
The largest and oldest no-kill shelter in AZ.
30 North 40th Place
Phoenix Arizona 85034
(602) 273-6852

AZCats
Mostly trap, neuter, release although occasionally will do fostering (although
they don’t admit that on their website).
P.O. Box J
Scottsdale, AZ 85252
(602) 287-8824

Citizens for Scottsdale Strays
Citizens for Scottsdale Strays (CSS) is an all—volunteer, privately funded
charitable organization dedicated to reducing the number of homeless cats . A
major focus of our program is placing adoptable animals into good homes.
Citizens for Scottsdale Strays
P.O. Box 928
Scottsdale, AZ 85252
Citizens for Scottsdale Strays (602) 341.7338
E-Mail:
(Cindy Langdell)

Arizona Feline Network
The Arizona Feline Network Site is now three years old. We did not meet our
goals in adoptions for our Special Needs animals in 2001, but quality is more
important than quantity and the homes we found for our Special Needs cats are
truly wonderful.
Call (480) 483-3214
E-Mail:

Foothills Animal Rescue
We continue to operate as a no-kill organization, fostering displaced animals
in the homes of dedicated volunteers until owners are located or suitable new
homes are found. Medical care, spay and neuter surgery, basic immunizations,
micro-chipping, and TLC are part of the total care package provided for each
companion animal in our care.
6061 E. Cave Creek Road
Cave Creek, AZ

480.488.9890.

Sun Cities Animal Rescue, Inc. (SCAR)
A no-kill, non-profit, tax-exempt organization working to care for homeless
dogs and cats in the Sun Cities and surrounding communities. As members of the
Maricopa County Alliance for Companion Animals, we also partner with Maricopa
County Animal Care and Control, Arizona Humane Society and other rescue groups
placing animals at our shelter who have not found homes through those
organizations. Depending on space availability, we take in animals whose owners
have died or must enter nursing homes, and animals whose owners can no longer
care for them.
7150 N. 110th Ave.
Sun City, AZ 85307
Telephone (623) 872-7941

Arizona Humane Society
A kill-facility although they attempt to adopt out as many animals as possible
provided they have space for them.
AZHumane.org

NINA MASON PULLIAM CAMPUS FOR COMPASSION
1521 W. Dobbins Road
Phoenix, AZ 85041
(602) 997-7586

SUNNYSLOPE FACILITY
9226 N. 13th Avenue (13th Avenue and Hatcher Road)
Phoenix, AZ 85021
(602) 997-7585

DO NOT USE THE MARICOPA COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER! THIS IS THE PLACE WHERE THE
ANIMALS WILL HAVE THE LEAST LIKELY CHANCE OF SURVIVAL.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace
Old September 16th 03, 06:09 AM
wildwestcats

Hi Candace,

I live in the East Valley and I have a list of rescues/shelters on my
website, if you (or anyone else) want to take a look.

http://cat_mania.tripod.com

Just click on the link for AZ Rescues and Shelters.

If this woman lives in the East Valley, she might try giving Friends
for Life a call. I know they used to do field rescue. If they can't
help then they might be able to direct her to a group that can help
her.

Tiffany

[...]

Citizens for Scottsdale Strays (CSS) is an allâ€"volunteer, privately funded

Old September 17th 03, 02:52 AM
MacCandace

If this woman lives in the East Valley, she might try giving Friends
for Life a call. I know they used to do field rescue. If they can't
help then they might be able to direct her to a group that can help
her.

Tiffany

Thanks, Tiffany. I will look at your site and definitely give her the info.
So far she's done nothing but yap about it. She's a yapper and drives me crazy
anyway but I hate her attitude toward animals. She even has a cat of her own
but doesn't seem very fond of the poor creature who is now 19 years old.