Your Daughters Boyfriend

Old May 8th 04, 03:45 PM
Mary

"Scumball" wrote in message
God, I never cease to be amazed at the unnaturally Puritanical views of

many
Americans to age and consent issues.
In India, the age of consent is 13

In India, women are chattal.

---

Old May 8th 04, 03:47 PM
[ medic ]

Hello, Mr. Baker. Meet Mr. 45 ACP.

What SCUM.

"James Marz" wrote in message
om...
What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?

This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.

start article

It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.

It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.

Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
ages 8 and 3.

Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.

Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.

Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.

"They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."

Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.

Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.

Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.

She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
Baker, who hovered nearby.

Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.

Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.

Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
his behalf.

end article

Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?

James Marz

For full article
http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm

Old May 8th 04, 04:54 PM
Alun

"Scumball" wrote in
:

God, I never cease to be amazed at the unnaturally Puritanical views of
many Americans to age and consent issues.
In India, the age of consent is 13 !
In Holland, I THINK it's 14.
In most other countries (that have one), it's 16.
Only in American states is it 18, 21,31 or 93 !
Jees already !

"'cedes" wrote in message
"Living with his 17 year old girlfriend"???? Isn't this called
statutory rape in some states? This girl is underage and no doubt very
low class. WTF is the girls parents, to allow a 17 year old to be
living with her boyfriend? sighhhhhhhhhhhh This girl is doomed.

"James Marz" wrote in message
[...]

They are puritanical for the simple reason that that's where the puritans
went, I suppose.

Old May 8th 04, 05:00 PM
Alun

Laura R. wrote in
:

circa Sat, 08 May 2004 01:35:47 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
'cedes ) said,
"Living with his 17 year old girlfriend"???? Isn't this called
statutory rape in some states? This girl is underage and no doubt very
low class. WTF is the girls parents, to allow a 17 year old to be
living with her boyfriend? sighhhhhhhhhhhh This girl is doomed.

Unfortunately, I believe that 16 is the cutoff point for statutory
rape. I don't know of any states that enforce a higher age than that,
anyway. I could be wrong, but either way, in this situation, the
parents are the bigger problem.

Laura

No, the boyfriend is the problem. Blame belongs to the person doing the bad
stuff. Of course, others might have seen him coming, figured out what he
was like, etc, but they can't be _more_ to blame than him.

Animal torture is a very bad sign. As someone pointed out, it is common for
serial killers to have started this way.

Old May 8th 04, 07:19 PM
[ medic ]

Heh. Yeah, something like that, although there will NEVER be any Glocks in
this house. Plastic pieces o' junk.

- med

"Laura R." wrote in message
.. .
circa Sat, 08 May 2004 14:47:35 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
[ medic ] ) said,

Hello, Mr. Baker. Meet Mr. 45 ACP.

Or Mr. Glock? Or Messrs. Smith and Wesson?

;-)

Laura
--
I am Dyslexia of Borg,
Your ass will be laminated.

Old May 9th 04, 05:11 AM
JoJo

I'd kill the little b*stard - slowly. The daughter - 17 years old, more
than likely abused by the slimeball - probably had low self-esteem to begin
with, he's probably made it worse, therefore she's sticking up for him.

If I were the parents I would have thrown his ass out the door and never
allow him in. Daughter is 17, legally not an adult, if he's older than 18
they could get him for statuatory rape. (I'm assuming this happened in US -
did not read article, synopsis was depressing enough) However I have to
wonder where the hell the parent's brains are in the first place.

I would personally like to take every animal abuser and show them what it's
like. A few years ago a teenaged boy found a pitt bull running loose. He
took the poor dog, tied it to a fence, poured gasoline on it and set it on
fire, then stood there and watched. Sick little freak, I wish the law
required that whatever abuse they inflict on animals was to be inflicted on
them - it's only fitting. In my mind animal abusers are as bad as child
abusers and deserve the same punishment.

Getting off my soapbox now.