Purrs for Hoomins' Tragedy

Old March 11th 04, 11:45 AM
Helen Miles

Purrs and prayers coming.

Helen M

Old March 11th 04, 08:19 PM
Hopitus2

My friends and I are so very grateful for all of you sending your kind
concern and support for the mental anguish of this loss. The power of purrs
is great. The female of the couple does the same work I do (xray) but not in
ER's (she is exclusively a mammo tech). She joins me in requesting our rpca
friends all over the world to honor Claudia's memory by "buckling up" 100%
of your driving time.

"CATherine" wrote in message
: On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 11:18:00 -0500, "Hopitus2"
: wrote:
:
: Don't often share my heartaches with cat ng cyberfriends, but multiple
purrs
: needed for a couple friends in Miami, my hometown. Early a.m. today, a
call
: woke me from a close pal; her DH's only child, a daughter, 21, went to RB
: today 3 days after driving headon into a large concrete pole late at
night
: during one of the intricate turns in poorly lighted section of our I-95
: Interchange (locally nicknamed "the spaghetti bowl" so you can imagine
what
: I mean by "hairpin turns" here). Her BF died at the scene; neither wore
: seatbelts, and her car was a rebuilt Mercury with airbags not reinstalled
: upon renovation. I had occasion to ride as passenger with her dad, my
: friend, about 2 months ago, and at the time bitched at him to fasten his
: belt; he speeds and we were stopped by a local cop, scolded, but no
ticket
: given as he mentioned we had our seatbelts on (!). What irony.This is my
: same friend who has the 3 Himmies in her *no pets* condo; she and DH have
: now adopted his daughter's half-grown kitten; the Himmies are having cows
: over the kid's
: intrusion, but at least one of them is playing with it already.
: Thank you for your recovery and comfort purrs for my friends; I met
Claudia
: (his girl) once.
:
: Purrs and prayers are being sent for the family and friends.
:
: CATherine

Old March 12th 04, 12:43 AM
Brenda

--
If there's no cats in heaven, I don't wanna go!

sending comforting purrs.
Brenda

Old March 12th 04, 01:53 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Hopitus2" had some very interesting things to
say about Purrs for Hoomins' Tragedy:

My friends and I are so very grateful for all of you sending your kind
concern and support for the mental anguish of this loss. The power of purrs
is great. The female of the couple does the same work I do (xray) but not in
ER's (she is exclusively a mammo tech). She joins me in requesting our rpca
friends all over the world to honor Claudia's memory by "buckling up" 100%
of your driving time.

Always do [so does DH]. I once had a car that didn't have a shoulder
belt [it did have a lap belt, always used]. I have a scar from an
11-stitch injury caused by a steering wheel taste test at about 35mph
[some ditz pulled out WAY too close in front of me].
Old March 12th 04, 02:58 AM
badwilson

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
My friends and I are so very grateful for all of you sending your kind
concern and support for the mental anguish of this loss. The power of

purrs
is great. The female of the couple does the same work I do (xray) but not

in
ER's (she is exclusively a mammo tech). She joins me in requesting our

rpca
friends all over the world to honor Claudia's memory by "buckling up" 100%
of your driving time.

No adjustment to current habits needed there. Putting the seatbelt on is so
automatic for me, I even wear it when moving the car from one side of the
street to the other (following the shady spot!).
It is really aggravating here in Thailand 'cause none of them wear seatbelts
and they even make fun of us westerners for wearing them. Of course this is
in a country where cars don't have daytime running lights and if you
manually turn the lights on during the day you can get ticketed because only
the royal family is allowed to drive during the day with lights on. Lovely.
All the rest of the peons can just be unsafe...grrrr!
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 12th 04, 03:19 AM
Hopitus2

Huh. Royal family there drives. I had never pictured anything but them
riding in sedan chairs atop elephants, camels, llamas, or something similar.
Been watching too many cartoons or commercials I guess. Duh.

"badwilson" wrote in message
:
: "Hopitus2" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: --
: Britta
: Check out pictures of Vino at:
: http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album
:
:
:
:
:

Old March 12th 04, 03:52 AM
badwilson

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
Huh. Royal family there drives. I had never pictured anything but them
riding in sedan chairs atop elephants, camels, llamas, or something

similar.
Been watching too many cartoons or commercials I guess. Duh.

Well, I doubt the King, Queen, Princesses or Prince actually drive
themselves. But they get driven around in stretch limos in huge motorcades
with many leading and trailing vehicles. All traffic comes to a halt.
Overpasses must be closed off to traffic because it is not allowed for
anyone to be above the King, so cars going over an overpass while the King's
car passes below is a big huge no-no.
I'm sure they had the sedan chairs on the elephants back in the day, but
hey, it's the 21st century...even in Thailand! Actually, we're a bit ahead
of you guys over here, it's the year 2547 now.
--
Britta...livin' in the future ;-)
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 12th 04, 05:42 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:58:30 +0700, "badwilson"
wrote:
snip
It is really aggravating here in Thailand 'cause none of them wear seatbelts
and they even make fun of us westerners for wearing them. Of course this is
in a country where cars don't have daytime running lights and if you
manually turn the lights on during the day you can get ticketed because only
the royal family is allowed to drive during the day with lights on. Lovely.
All the rest of the peons can just be unsafe...grrrr!

That bit about the lights seems awfully strange, since here more and
more of the vehicles are coming from the factory with lights that are
on automatically. Also, though I confess I don't really know much
about Thailand, but aren't there lots of scooter/motorcycles? Far as I
know all ours have lights that on always on.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 12th 04, 11:25 AM
badwilson

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:58:30 +0700, "badwilson"
wrote:
snip
It is really aggravating here in Thailand 'cause none of them wear

seatbelts
and they even make fun of us westerners for wearing them. Of course this

is
in a country where cars don't have daytime running lights and if you
manually turn the lights on during the day you can get ticketed because

only
the royal family is allowed to drive during the day with lights on.

Lovely.
All the rest of the peons can just be unsafe...grrrr!

That bit about the lights seems awfully strange, since here more and
more of the vehicles are coming from the factory with lights that are
on automatically. Also, though I confess I don't really know much
about Thailand, but aren't there lots of scooter/motorcycles? Far as I
know all ours have lights that on always on.

The cars here do not have lights that are always on. There are a ton of
scooters and motorcycles, but their lights are not always on either. I
guess they make them differently for different market areas at the factory.

Old March 12th 04, 05:11 PM
Charleen Welton

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
My friends and I are so very grateful for all of you sending your kind
concern and support for the mental anguish of this loss. The power of

purrs
is great. The female of the couple does the same work I do (xray) but not

in
ER's (she is exclusively a mammo tech). She joins me in requesting our

rpca
friends all over the world to honor Claudia's memory by "buckling up" 100%
of your driving time.

I will be pleased to honor Claudia's memory by buckling up 100% of the
time. Presently an honest evalation of myself shows that I use the seat
belt about 80% of the time. For she and I seat belt use is a 100% promise.

Charleen, who always wants to come home to David,
Mr. Pumpkin,
Aggie Marble,
Victor Velcro.

Purrs for a Hoomin Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 19 March 12th 04 12:46 AM
Purrs Needed Gizela Cat anecdotes 12 November 8th 03 02:51 PM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM