Cheap catfood = unhappy kitties

Old March 9th 04, 06:10 PM
meow

Default Cheap catfood = unhappy kitties

I am seriously broke this week so I had to buy a 3.00 bag of catfood
to get by until wednesday when i can buy a bag of their usual Science
Diet. All 5 of my girls are very upset with me and I have never seen
leftovers in their bowls hours after a feeding. This morning I opened
the closet where I keep the food and filled the first bowl which is
Pebble's and she turned her nose up, looked up at me, then went to the
closet and looked in the tin to see if that was all there was to
offer. It was so funny but I was like I am sorry, you'll have to hold
out another day or so. I can't wait until its time to scoop poop. I'll
probably be gaging from it.
Old March 9th 04, 10:07 PM
Hopitus2

Don't beat yourself up........s**t happens; we get broke once in awhile and
have to deprive our furry bosses of their usual fine dining, earning their
ire. If you leave the food in the bowls they will eventually eat it (but
hope you don't live in hot climate like ours). Cats are stubborn but we have
to support everybody and hang in there.

"meow" wrote in message
:
:

Old March 9th 04, 11:50 PM
Jette Goldie

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
Don't beat yourself up........s**t happens; we get broke once in awhile

and
have to deprive our furry bosses of their usual fine dining, earning their
ire. If you leave the food in the bowls they will eventually eat it (but
hope you don't live in hot climate like ours). Cats are stubborn but we

have
to support everybody and hang in there.

heh - have you seen the Whiskas advert with the gorgeous
tabby cat trying to tell his human he wants fed while his
human is eating chinese take-away? Human finds there's
no catfood, runs down to the local convenience store where
they don't stock Whiskas - buys some cheaper stuff and
puts the label from an old can round it, serves it up - and
the cat runs out the house in disgust.

Now as it happens, my two won't touch Whiskas (if "nine
out of ten cats prefer it" I am owned by TWO "tenth cats")
but if I buy something other than what they *will* eat, I
get sulks and hunger strikes that go on for days.

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old March 10th 04, 03:55 AM
badwilson

"Jette Goldie" wrote in message

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
[...]

Whiskas and Friskies are the only foods they sell in most stores here in
Thailand. Vino will eat it (he's not fussy) but I don't want to feed it to
him 'cause I think it's probably crappy food. So I've been having people
from Canada bring me cans of Iams and Science Diet in their suitcases for 3
years. Also, I have managed to on occasion find some Iams, Nutro and SD
here for outrageous prices but when I do find them I buy every can in the
store.
Probably not a good advertisement for Whiskas ;-)
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 10th 04, 08:00 AM
Yowie

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
[...]

Where is the Whiskas made, Britta?.

If its made here in Australia (or NZ) there are strict guidelines about what
goes in it. While I wouldn't call it the best quality wet food around, the
Australian-made stuff doesn't seem all that bad from my POV. Besides, Shmogg
eats it (most of the time) and that will do for me. The only "better" wet
cat food available in the supermarkets around here is Dine, and from all I
can see, there is nothing but the price that distinguishes Dine from
Whiskas. Ok, occasionally Shmogg starts turning his nose up at Whiskas -
which is when I buy Dine, but he's also been known to turn his known up at
Dine - so we go back toWhiskas. I don't consider it "cheap and nasty" (thats
what generic brand cat food is!) He also has a bowl thats always got Whiskas
crunchies in it, and he seems pretty darn healthy for a 14(is)yo cat.

Yowie

Old March 10th 04, 10:30 AM
Sherry

Don't beat yourself up........s**t happens; we get broke once in awhile and
have to deprive our furry bosses of their usual fine dining, earning their
ire. If you leave the food in the bowls they will eventually eat it (but
hope you don't live in hot climate like ours). Cats are stubborn but we have
to support everybody and hang in there.

For sure. Cats have survived, and even thrived, on cheap food. They'll be fine.
Maybe they'll appreciate their Science Diet more now! (on second thought, nah)

Sherry
Old March 10th 04, 01:04 PM
David Stevenson

Yowie wrote
"badwilson" wrote in message

[...]

I think of Whiskas as the best wet food here. The cats would be
mortified if I brought anything else home.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old March 10th 04, 01:26 PM
badwilson

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
[...]

Ok, I just checked and it is made in Australia. I do feed it to Vino
sometimes, in between the Iams and Science Diet to stretch those out a bit
more. When looking at the labels of ingredients, I would prefer to feed
Iams over Whiskas. Although I just checked Science Diet and the ingredients
don't seem that great, so maybe I'll phase it out. I used to be able to get
Nutro, but the store has closed down :-( Nutro had the best ingredients out
of the stuff available to me.

Old March 10th 04, 02:43 PM
Victor Martinez

badwilson wrote:
Iams over Whiskas. Although I just checked Science Diet and the ingredients
don't seem that great, so maybe I'll phase it out. I used to be able to get

Can you get the new Purina ProPlan foods? They're not as good as Nutro,
but they're not too shabby.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 10th 04, 07:12 PM
Sherry

Can you get the new Purina ProPlan foods? They're not as good as Nutro,
but they're not too shabby.

--
Victor Martinez

Pro Plan is the *only* food Bootsie will eat. I agree with you, it might not be
the best food on the market, but it's still good quality. It's hard to find
here, though. The only place I can find it is PetsMart in the city.
Sherry