I wasn't doin' nuffin'!

Old March 14th 04, 12:18 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default I wasn't doin' nuffin'!

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:00:31 -0600, Mark Edwards
wrote:
snip
Big Fluffy isn't yowling or threatening, or even being particularly
aggressive. Just hungry. Still, NONE of the local cats like him for
some reason. They all get really AWARE when he shows up.

snip
I have one of those cats here. For some reason, whenever he comes
around all the other cats get their hackles up, and they all seem to
hate him. Rocky's favorite spot outside is sitting on a chair on the
patio, and when Gray Kitty shows up he's afraid to come eat when he
sees Rocky.

I've never seen Rocky chase any of the neighborhood cats away from the
food. When Rocky wants to eat, he just walks up to the bowl and anyone
who is eating backs off and lets Rocky eat. So, when I see the Gray
Kitty show up, I try to get Rocky to come inside. If Rocky doesn't
want to come in I put out a second bowl for Gray - I can't just move
the first bowl, because then Rocky sees Gray eating and has to check
it out in case Gray is getting something special.

Gray Kitty likes to be petted, but I don't always get to pet him.
Rocky gets jealous and comes over, which of course scares Gray off.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 14th 04, 12:44 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 18:18:36 -0600, Steve Touchstone
yodeled:

wrote:
snip
Big Fluffy isn't yowling or threatening, or even being particularly
aggressive. Just hungry. Still, NONE of the local cats like him for
some reason. They all get really AWARE when he shows up.

snip
I have one of those cats here. For some reason, whenever he comes
around all the other cats get their hackles up, and they all seem to
hate him. Rocky's favorite spot outside is sitting on a chair on the
patio, and when Gray Kitty shows up he's afraid to come eat when he
sees Rocky.

(snip)

There's a neighborhood cat around here that I call "Newman" and I know
when he's around because Stinky gets puffed up. I call him Newman
because Stinky's reaction to him reminds me of "Seinfeld"-- whenever
Jerry ran into Newman, he would sneer "Hello, Newman," between his
teeth.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old March 14th 04, 01:22 PM
Jeanette

Mark Edwards wrote in message
Anyway, I really don't want a cat fight outside, and I really don't
want Buster to get into one, and I really don't know what kinds of
shots Big Fluffy may have had, so I open the door.

Buster literally swallows a yowl, looks up at me, and gives me a
half-hearted meow. I pick him up, and bring him in.

It was really quite funny - sort of like the tough kid being
baby-talked by his mother, in the middle of a fight.

Buster did go right to his indoor food bowl to chow down, while I went
outside to give a little food to Big Fluffy (who still won"t let me
touch him...).

Well handled Mark Those cats are so lucky to have you around.

Jeanette