Our 4 Year Year Old Kitty Died Out of the Blue!!!!

Old April 4th 05, 06:12 PM
MOSFET

Default Our 4 Year Year Old Kitty Died Out of the Blue!!!!

Hello to all.

We have had a terrible family tragedy. Our most beloved cat, Austin, dies
suddenly yesterday for no apparent reason. He had been acting perfectly
normal and loving like he always does. I went to take a nap (as I often do
on Sunday's) and Austin always lays next to me when I do. When I woke up he
was lying next to me, per usual, curled up and head on a pillow. I started
to pet him and my first thought was, boy, you sure are sleeping deeply
(usually all cats will flinch or wake when they are sleeping and you go to
pet them). I then realized his eyes were half open and he wasn't breathing.

I have NEVER seen anything like this. He must have died in his sleep.
There was no vomit, no urine, no signs of distress. He appears to have
instantly died in his sleep. He was only four years old and was our most
favorite cat of our six cats. Needless to say, my family is in a state of
morning today. My wife is worried that whatever killed Ausin could kill the
other cats, but we had just wormed all our cats so we can pretty much rule
out heart-worms.

My sister-in-law suggested a brain-aneurysm. I thought perhaps massive
heart failure.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Should I be concerned for my other
cats? Any advice or information would be welcome. Thank you very much.

Nick

Old April 4th 05, 06:53 PM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 10:12:15 -0700, MOSFET wrote:

[...]

"Rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go..."
Sincere sympathy in the loss of your beloved pet.

My only suggestion is to talk to your Vet. MLB

Old April 5th 05, 12:20 PM
Larry Caligan via CatKB.com

So sorry for you. I know the feeling well. I lost my beloved Blanca a month
ago and she was only five years old. I thought I would grieve myself to
death over her and I still miss her so as she was so sweet and lovey-dovey.
She too died very suddenly but not without some symptons, the vet indicated
she had an enlarged heart. My deepest sympathy is with you. P.S. We buried
sweet Blanca in a flower garden next to our house and I often say as I pass
it "hello little darlin' I miss you so. God Bless LarryC

Sierra Blue's Memoreal Servise Newfield Kitties Cat community 33 October 23rd 04 03:17 AM
My 24 hour kitty O J Cat anecdotes 39 August 20th 04 10:23 AM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM
18 year old kitty going for his first big grooming tomorrow beth Cat health & behaviour 14 April 26th 04 08:15 PM
Yu noze, I furgotz tu tellz yurownselfz abowt da TROODUR KITTY... Amelia T Cat Cat community 6 February 28th 04 12:13 PM