Little Miss and the Cable Guy

Old July 8th 05, 03:12 PM
MissysMom

Default Little Miss and the Cable Guy

The other day the cable guy came out to install high speed cable
(YEAH! No more dial-up). While I stayed home waiting for him to show
up, Litle Miss had quite the adventures.

First of all, several neighborhood cats had to stop by the front
window to say hello. I think they all come by at the same time every
day. They seem to do the same thing every time. They pause, look
inside, and if they see me, the run away. Otherwise, they stay and sort
of stare at Little Miss, who stares back. Then, off they go again, on
some grand adventure for the day.

Then while Little Miss and I were waiting for the cable guy, two very
nice Jehovah Witness missionaries stopped by to say hello. I was a
little worried about Little Miss and how she would react to strangers,
but I invited them in anyway. She had to greet them, of course, and
while they were talking, she sniffed the guy's arm, poked her head in
his briefcase, and for a moment I thought she was going to jump inside
and go away with them. She then carefully watched as they left.

So we waited some more for the cable guy, and finally he showed up.
Before he started the job, he asked if he could use the restroom. As he
heads off for HER bathroom, Little Miss looks at me. She looks at the
guy. She looks at me, and then she trots after him and sits right
outside the bathroom door waiting for him. So, he gets finished and
goes out to string up line so we can get our cable. Now, Little Miss
gets really busy. She watches as he sets up the ladder and pounds
things, supervising him carefully. When he comes inside to set up the
modem, she is once more right there to supervise. She sits on the
coffee table looking down as he programs the modem and cable and
watches every move. It was the funniest thing to watch. Lucky for me,
he has a dog so didn't mind her assistance at all.

Of course, the very next day someone came to mow the lawn, and she
wasn't quite so supervisorial. When I came home, I found Little Miss
hiding in the closet. For some reason, she just wasn't up to that one.
As soon as that loud noisy thing was shut off, though, she was right
there at the window, supervising again. Maybe I should give her a
raise!

She does so entertain me.

--Little Missy's Mom, nursemaid, employee of the every watchful
Little Miss

Old July 8th 05, 03:26 PM
Adrian

MissysMom wrote:
[...]

You're very lucky to have Little Miss to supervise, without her the job
may not be done right. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old July 8th 05, 07:08 PM
W. Leong

"Adrian" wrote in message
MissysMom wrote:
[...]

She must not like the loud noise from the lawn mower.
Rusty wasn't pleased when the piano tuner was here. I don't blame him
as I was anxious for the tuner to finish too.

Winnie

Old July 10th 05, 11:53 AM
Gabey8

[[She must not like the loud noise from the lawn mower.
Rusty wasn't pleased when the piano tuner was here. I don't blame him
as I was anxious for the tuner to finish too.

Winnie]]

Rusty probably was mad because he thought a Piano TUNA was coming to the
house. Then, instead of getting a visit from a tuna, this noisemaking guy
shows up instead. ;o)

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old July 10th 05, 06:16 PM
Charleen Welton

"Gabey8" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
[[She must not like the loud noise from the lawn mower.
Rusty wasn't pleased when the piano tuner was here. I don't blame him
as I was anxious for the tuner to finish too.

Winnie]]

Rusty probably was mad because he thought a Piano TUNA was coming to the
house. Then, instead of getting a visit from a tuna, this noisemaking guy
shows up instead. ;o)

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Cute, very, very cute!!
Charleen