Chester knows about shots

Old June 10th 04, 03:26 PM
Susan M

Default Chester knows about shots

Aw, do I feel terrible. Today is vaccination day and Chester is just
sitting there looking at me. He won't respond with his usual orgy of
delight when I say hi to him. He just sits and stares.

He has had bad reactions in the past and last year he dragged around for 4
days afterwards, even with kitty aspirin. We are doing all separately today
so I hope it is better for him. He really needs his shots since he's out
and about in the neigbourhood.

I don't like doing this to him :-(

Oh, and Otis has no clue. He's racing around trying all windows and doors
and yowling up a storm. Wants out. No way until I get him to the vet.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old June 10th 04, 04:31 PM
Marina

"Susan M" smawdsley remove @shaw.ca wrote
Aw, do I feel terrible. Today is vaccination day and Chester is just
sitting there looking at me. He won't respond with his usual orgy of
delight when I say hi to him. He just sits and stares.

He has had bad reactions in the past and last year he dragged around for 4
days afterwards, even with kitty aspirin. We are doing all separately

today
so I hope it is better for him. He really needs his shots since he's out
and about in the neigbourhood.

I don't like doing this to him :-(

Aww, poor Chester. Many purrs that he recovers quickly this time.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old June 10th 04, 07:43 PM
Yoj

"Susan M" smawdsley remove @shaw.ca wrote in message
Aw, do I feel terrible. Today is vaccination day and Chester is just
sitting there looking at me. He won't respond with his usual orgy of
delight when I say hi to him. He just sits and stares.

He has had bad reactions in the past and last year he dragged around

for 4
days afterwards, even with kitty aspirin. We are doing all separately

today
so I hope it is better for him. He really needs his shots since he's

out
and about in the neigbourhood.

I don't like doing this to him :-(

Oh, and Otis has no clue. He's racing around trying all windows and

doors
and yowling up a storm. Wants out. No way until I get him to the

vet.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Poor Chester, and poor you. At least you can keep reminding yourself
it's for his own good, but there's no way to explain that to him. I
hope he doesn't have a bad reaction this time.

--
Joy
Owned and operated by Lindy and Skeeter

Old June 10th 04, 08:45 PM
Susan M

"Marina" wrote in message

Aww, poor Chester. Many purrs that he recovers quickly this time.

Thanks Marina. We tried a small prednisone dose this time, which we are to
have for three mornings running afterwards. Unfortunately, he's already
holed himself up in the linen closet with his drooping hang dog head. Poor
thing. I'll watch him closely.

Otis is running around like nothing happened ... except for extra cuddles he
needed with his mommy. It was so cute. At TED, I stood beside the high
examining table and Otis jammed his head under my jacket into the crook of
my arm. Sort of like if he didn't see TED, TED couldn't see him.

Chester, OTOH, always surprises me at TED. He's naturally so much more
cautious than Otis but he seems to have more confidence at TED. He sits
quietly and looks around and responds to scritches.

My kids are killing each other outside. Got to go!

Susan M
Otis, oblivious
Chester, hiding in the closet