The story of Cammie (anti-declaw content)

Old March 13th 05, 08:38 AM
L. (usenetlyn)

Marina wrote:
Seanette Blaylock wrote:

My mother's immediate reaction to my being scratched was "what did

you
do to the cat?" :-)

My mother's was the same. )

IMO, that's the *only* response that should be uttered. I simply do
not understand why people leave their small child unattended with *any*
animal. I love my animals dearly, and trust that they would never in
any way hurt DS, but I *do not* leave him alone with them, even for a
second. His potential of hurting *them* is so much greater than
vice-verse.

-L.

Old March 13th 05, 04:42 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-03-12, Christina Websell penned:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

We do not need anti-mutilation laws. We've never declawed cats here. We
found out you did and and decided to make it illegal here anyway in case
anyone thought furniture was more important than cats feet.

Does any other country in the world declaw cats? I wouldn't think so,
it's barbaric.

I believe you, but please don't be angry in my direction.

I'm not. It's just that the whole declawing thing makes me wild. Sorry.
Maybe if the subject comes up again, I'd better not join in.

Tweed

Sorry; I was in a poor mood and I felt like you were directing your comments
at me. Obviously you weren't, as I find declawing as abhorrent as you do.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 14th 05, 12:40 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:23:47 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Sorry.
Maybe if the subject comes up again, I'd better not join in.

No need to apologize! The BEST way to end the practice of declawing is
educating potential cat owners. If some potential cat slave happens to
pop into the group and reads this thread, hopefully they'll research
what the procedure is, be horrified, and become outspoken declaw
opponents. Before LB decided to move in, I was ignorant about what
declawing meant (my vet gave me a pamphlet for new cat owners which
educated me).
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 14th 05, 02:37 PM
CatNipped

wrote:

Sorry.
Maybe if the subject comes up again, I'd better not join in.

No need to apologize! The BEST way to end the practice of declawing is
educating potential cat owners. If some potential cat slave happens to
pop into the group and reads this thread, hopefully they'll research
what the procedure is, be horrified, and become outspoken declaw
opponents. Before LB decided to move in, I was ignorant about what
declawing meant (my vet gave me a pamphlet for new cat owners which
educated me).

One of the better vets! The reason I found this new vet (not sure now how
lucky that was), I got a pamphlet from the (then new after my move) vet that
said declawing a cat was no big deal and the cat didn't even know it had
been done because they continue to "scratch" on things (no mention that they
do this for stretching purposes, not claw sharpening purposes). They
clearly were trying to get cash for this barbaric procedure!! That's what
got me searching for a *new* new vet. [At this point I'm considering just
driving the extra miles and going back to the vet before last, before last -
whom I loved and was *COMPETENT*!

Hugs.

CatNipped