Felix on sale (UK only)

Old June 25th 13, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Default Felix on sale (UK only)

!! two pouches per meal? Boyfriend would like to know your address so he
can move in.

Yes but remember that's two pouches per meal for 2 cats and they don't get any dry

On an average day I put 2 down in the morning then 2 when I come home from work and 1 for their supper so that's 2 1/2 pouches per cat per day

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 26th 13, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"The Other Guy" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 20:28:28 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

That's a good price but although I used to feed Boyfie on Felix (he likes
it) he is not allowed it any more. There's quite a lot of sugar in it

PLEASE, DON'T make such a statement WITHOUT a link showing at least
SOME evidence to back your claim.

NO search I've done has shown ANY added sugar in Felix cat food,
and NO complaints about it either.

In fact, on a cat site in the UK, it has 31 ratings,
all 3 out of 5 stars or better, NO 2 or 1 star ratings!

I would accept that you HEARD it had sugar, and believed it,
but NOT that you SAW it as an ingredient on a can or pouch of it.

Read the Felix packs for ingredients.. is all I can say.
It has "various sugars" in it.

I am not going to defend myself any more about not allowing my cat to
destroy his teeth with sugar in any cat food but some have a load in and he
isn't allowed any of them.
Boyfie has food with zero sugar.

I could feed him much more cheaply, there are a load of cans out there, but
every cheaper one say in the ingredients "various sugars" and he isn't
getting them, no way.

To reply by email, lose the Ks...

Old July 26th 13, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Sunday, June 23, 2013 11:01:43 PM UTC+1, Jack Campin wrote:
.. Pouches are a ripoff.

They're more expensive per feed certainly but the point is there's no
wastage. Pouch goes down and is scarfed down by my two we have a house rule
if the bowl is licked clean and they're still asking for more they get
another one but no more than two a meal. When we had tinned food half the
can would end up in the fridge where because their next meal was the same as
the last one- noses would go up in the air when it was served. They like
variety so in order to balance that using cans we'd need to have a couple
open at the same time. Whereas with pouches they get more variety. It's
also convenient for me (so I don't mind if it costs a bit extra), lighter to
carry home and no open cans lurking in the fridge (I used those can ocvers
but they didn't stop pungent cat food e.g. tuna or sardine stinking out the
fridge) and I can control the portions better, which with Bonnie a cat whose
first nickname was "The Gannet" is important to prevent chubiness creeping
in. Also my cats enjoy their varied diet

Lesley

----------
If i had several cats tins are the way to go but as I only have the one now
he gets pouches. Yes, it's more expensive but I don't care.
Every time it's new.

Old July 26th 13, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
!! two pouches per meal? Boyfriend would like to know your address so he
can move in.

Yes but remember that's two pouches per meal for 2 cats and they don't get
any dry

On an average day I put 2 down in the morning then 2 when I come home from
work and 1 for their supper so that's 2 1/2 pouches per cat per day

Boyfie gets 2 pouches/day plus a sprinkle of dry at 10 pm. He would of
course like a lot more.
My vet says that is enough for him but he doesn't agree, he says his vet
should be struck off.

Boyfie would eat, given the chance, all day. He might not like it but it's
not allowed for his own good.

It's hard when he claims he's starving to refuse (checked with vet, just a
greedy boy}

He claws the carpet when he wants me to take notice of him - he knows I hate
that and will get up immediately to stop him.

Old August 29th 13, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
He claws the carpet when he wants me to take notice of him - he knows I
hate that and will get up immediately to stop him.

Sootie does that too, particularly when she wants to go out along with the
wailing. It really winds up DH as he says he can't afford to replace the
carpet. He always leaves it to me to sort out and leaves the room.

I've grown to accept it. I'd prefer it if he meowed to go out but he
doesn't. He claws the carpet in the kitchen to alert me to his need to go
out.
He has a perfectly respectable meow (unlike KFC who couldn't meow) but I
suspect clawing the carpet gets a more instant response.
Actually Boyfie doesn't use his meow much at all, he will wait outside for
ages wanting to come in until it's all too much, then he'll meow at the
door.
He does use his meow to remind me about teatime ;-)

Tweed

Ipad Sale! $159.99 EB Cat anecdotes 0 November 10th 11 03:53 AM
Cat recipes for sale. mike griffin Cat community 2 February 11th 08 01:48 AM
Tickets on Sale Now! §cratch Cat health & behaviour 0 November 22nd 05 11:10 PM
[OT] Killer Sale Catnipped Cat anecdotes 32 May 25th 05 07:10 PM