Richard III (OT)

Old September 1st 13, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Richard III (OT)

I think I told you all a while ago about how he was dug up right next to my
ex-workplace recently, having been killed at the Battle of Bosworth in 1485.

The problem is that my home town want to rebury him in Leicester Cathedral
(for tourism purposes I suppose) and the city of York want him back.
I looks like there will be a court judgment about it and my opinion is ( for
what it's worth) that as he was called Richard of York he might like to
buried in his final place there.

It's not about how much our town can earn from the exhibition for me, it's
about where he came from. My preference would be that he goes back to
York.
If York takes it to the High Court, they should win, and why our town is
contesting it I truly don't know. Certainly not ethical IMO. Yes, we found
him but he belongs to York.

Tweed