Stray cat, possibly pregnant

Old July 20th 13, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Stray cat, possibly pregnant

Christina Websell wrote:

Volunteer: a person who didn't understand the question.

LOL.

--
Joyce

- Mommy loves you too my sweaty litter baby fire
- Ummm what mom?
- MY SWEET LITTLE BABY GIRL!! sorry honey!
-- damnyouautocorrect.com
Old July 20th 13, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Chak wrote:

When I called the chip company (Avid? I'm not sure of the name now. I
do miss my memory sometimes. When I remember to.) Anyway, the chip
company said that no one had ever registered the chip, but they shipped
it to Animal Control Chicago.

Shipped what? Not the chip - wasn't the chip already inside the cat?
Or shipped the cat? But wasn't the cat living with her humans at the
time? (I assume she was living with people who'd adopted her, before
she ran away/got lost/got dumped, or whatever happened to her.)

So Animal Control spayed her and chipped her and someone adopted her,
but the person who adopted her never bothered to register the chip.

A *second* person didn't bother to register the chip? That's one unlucky
cat. Well, not anymore.

I suspect she's mine, and I'm glad. I'm also glad there are no kittens.
Mostly.

Congratulations! I expect to see photos soon.

--
Joyce

When you finish, you have a complete (you hope) set of characters. So you call it a "character set". And because you're in a funny mood, instead of calling the numeric identifiers "numeric identifiers", you call them "code points".
-- Steve Ferg, "Unicode Beginners Introduction for Dummies Made Simple"
Old July 22nd 13, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chak

Bastette wrote in :

That's funny. I didn't have that association at all. The chocolate
reference made me assume you were female.

LOL! Yeah, it strikes me that way, too. It's actually a cross between
Star Trek's Chakotay and chocolate.

Chak

--
I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to
seriously re-evaluate your life.
Old July 22nd 13, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chak

Bastette wrote in
:

Chak wrote:

[...]

I wasn't making myself clear, I think.

Basically, the chip company sends lots of chips to Animal Control, and
every animal that's adopted gets one, probably at the same time the
animal is neutered and gets shots. Then it's up to the adopter to
contact the chip company, pay the $20 fee, and register the chip.

The chip number is recorded along with all the details of the animal.

I think it's probable that the chip company gives the chips for free to
Animal Control, and makes its money when people register the chip.

I hope that makes sense. Sometimes the things I think most clearly in
my head seem to leave my fingers completely garbled.

Chak

Old July 23rd 13, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Chak wrote:

Bastette wrote in :

That's funny. I didn't have that association at all. The chocolate
reference made me assume you were female.

LOL! Yeah, it strikes me that way, too. It's actually a cross between
Star Trek's Chakotay and chocolate.

Also, if I don't look too carefully at your user name, my brain thinks it
says "ChocolateDeath".

--
Joyce

He spent one-third of the time telling me about the musical he was writing about raccoons, one-third of the time talking about C++, and one-third of the time demonstrating the plot of Othello using the salt and pepper shakers.
-- A Treasury of the World's Worst Online Dating Stories
Old July 23rd 13, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Chak wrote:

Bastette wrote in
:

Chak wrote:

[...]

As well as my mind.

That's a good deal - for the shelter, for the chip company and especially
for the animals.

Old July 23rd 13, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Chak wrote:

Bastette wrote in
:

Chak wrote:

[...]

It's pretty useless if no-one pays the $20 to register them to themselves.
Boyfie is chipped to my address and phone number. I paid around 25 for it
via my vet and if anything happens to him - like he
goes missing (unlikely) or got killed on the road (even more unlikely) I
will get to know.
I did it because KFC went missing without a chip - although it would not
have helped anyway as I was in hospital for weeks.
I didn't think she needed one as she hadn't stepped foot outside the house
for two years. But when I wasn't there, she decided to go out and look for
me and got snatched up and destroyed.
TBH, she was was very confused and was approaching the end of her life, well
into her twenties but if I hadn't gone into hospital, she would have
remained by the fire.
It took a while to find out what had happened and my poor friend was
distraught "I should have looked after her better and now she is missing"

thank you very much to the RSPCA for snatching her, even though she was
getting vet treatment from her own vets and we knew the day was approaching.
It just makes me even more definite about not giving any charitable
donations to the RSPCA. as this is is three times I have been investigated
and proved perfect.
My friend June says "I would not give the RSPCA the drippings of my nose"
I am sure they do good work sometimes, but ask them to come out if you hit a
badger with your car and it's injured - forget it.

Tweed

Old August 25th 13, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Chak wrote:

Bastette wrote in
:

Chak wrote:

[...]

Here it's not possible to have a chip implanted without having it
registered to an address and phone number, but it's up to you to keep it
updated if you move house.
Normally, when Boyfie goes for his yearly injections I get his chip read to
make sure it's not moved and is working but I forgot to ask this year until
I was paying and then I remembered.. The option was to take him out of his
box again so I decided it was OK for another year.
He was so scared at the vets that he shed a lot of hair. Dogs will have
dandruff that they never had before too when they get on that table.
Tigger did not shed, but he got sweaty paws.
It's all over now until next year.

My sister in law has a flea problem, so Tigger had a fine comb put through
his fur to see if he had them, it gathers any flea dirt and then you put
water on what you collect. If it goes red, there are fleas.
Tigger has fleas. and Maisie has them too and it's all what to do.

I once told my brother what to do about Maisie's bad manners and he didnt
like it, so let him deal with the fleas himself

Boyfriend has no fleas and never has. Neither did my dogs.
It's not luck.

Old August 26th 13, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Bastette" wrote in message
Chak wrote:

Bastette wrote in
:

Chak wrote:

[...]

~~~~~~~~~
Selina had been microchipped when she was vetted by the rescue group that
had placed her in a foster home. When I adopted her, I met with the
president of the rescue group (who is also a friend of mine) to get her
paperwork regarding vaccinations, spay and other records. She filled out
the microchip records and mailed them. The paperwork she compiled has my
name and address and also the names of two friends that could be contacted.
It also includes the contact number for the rescue group. She gave me a
copy with the number, but she said they always do the paperwork for their
adoptees. That way, they know that several numbers (including their own)
are on file with the microchip company.

Duffy has never had fleas, and neither did Holly except for some when I
first adopted her 18 years ago. Selina had some, but she came from a home
with 12 foster cats and a couple of dogs. She is now clear ("flea-free")
now. Fortunately, it was not a major infestation.

Changing topic a bit: Selina hopped up on my bed and spent the night there
last night. That was the first time she slept with me. She gave my hand a
good tongue-scrubbing before settling down beside me. Happy dance!

MaryL

Pregnant Stray: What to do T Cat health & behaviour 7 February 19th 07 05:37 PM
Pregnant Stray Peggy Fair Cat rescue 4 December 31st 06 11:59 PM
help with possibly sick cat, please? CCR Cat health & behaviour 6 April 11th 04 10:33 PM
Pregnant Stray, Help [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 20 December 11th 03 03:18 AM
Possibly asthma? sasssykat Cat health & behaviour 21 October 2nd 03 11:04 PM