A lap full of wet furballs

Old July 16th 13, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default A lap full of wet furballs

It's raining and miserable for furry critters. So I opened the front
door to see where Miss Emily and Butterscotch were.

In front of my door, curled up into a big, furry ball, were four raccoon
kits. Very carefully, I went back inside and grabbed a handful of cat
food, then very carefully stepped outside and sat down on the porch.

I started handing out cat food, one piece at a time, and ended up with a
lap full of juvenile raccoons. Mama raccoon was nearby, being VERY
watchful, but wouldn't come near until I put some of the food down a
little way from myself.

I know it was stupid and dangerous, but he kits were shivering.
Eventually, I shooed them off, and they joined mama raccoon. Miss Emily
and Butterscotch gave me angry glares, then zoomed through the door as I
went back in.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Old July 16th 13, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 21:54:11 -0500, Mark Edwards
wrote:
I started handing out cat food, one piece at a time, and ended up with a
lap full of juvenile raccoons. Mama raccoon was nearby, being VERY
watchful, but wouldn't come near until I put some of the food down a
little way from myself.

I know it was stupid and dangerous, but he kits were shivering.
Eventually, I shooed them off, and they joined mama raccoon. Miss Emily
and Butterscotch gave me angry glares, then zoomed through the door as I
went back in.

I wonder what those raccoons are thinking. Are they dangerous? The mama
seems to trust you with her kittens.
Old July 16th 13, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:
I started handing out cat food, one piece at a time, and ended up with a
lap full of juvenile raccoons. Mama raccoon was nearby, being VERY
watchful, but wouldn't come near until I put some of the food down a
little way from myself.

I know it was stupid and dangerous, but he kits were shivering.
Eventually, I shooed them off, and they joined mama raccoon. Miss Emily
and Butterscotch gave me angry glares, then zoomed through the door as I
went back in.

I wonder what those raccoons are thinking. Are they dangerous? The mama
seems to trust you with her kittens.

I don't think raccoons are dangerous (unless they're rabid). But they
*do* have teeth and claws. I'm surprised the mama raccoon was so tolerant.

Jill
Old July 20th 13, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Monday, July 15, 2013 10:54:11 PM UTC-4, Mark Edwards wrote:
[...]

Just saw this video "Greedy raccoon takes food to go"

http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/video?binId=1.815914

It is very funny. I am sure the cats were not amused though.

Winnie
Old July 20th 13, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/20/2013 2:00 PM, Rusty wrote:
[...]

That is SOOOO funny! Thank you, Winnie!

Jill
Old August 31st 13, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Rusty wrote:

Just saw this video "Greedy raccoon takes food to go"

http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/video?binId=1.815914

Odd. I saw: A cat baffled by a balloon stuck to its belly from static
electricity, a man walking beside a flatbed truck covered with tires,
and a blurry video of a girl dragging a puppy by its front paws along
a very smooth-looking floor (that is, the puppy didn't look uncomfortable).
But no raccoons.

This was on a news program. I don't understand - why do they show these
videos on the news? But I guess that's what I get for not turning on the
sound.

--
Joyce

When you finish, you have a complete (you hope) set of characters. So you call it a "character set". And because you're in a funny mood, instead of calling the numeric identifiers "numeric identifiers", you call them "code points".
-- Steve Ferg, "Unicode Beginners Introduction for Dummies Made Simple"
Old August 31st 13, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Bastette" wrote in message
Rusty wrote:

[...]

Every so often they like to show something quirky and/or funny to take the
edge off all the bad news they are usually delivering/

Joy

Old September 1st 13, 08:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:13:08 PM UTC-4, Bastette wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Just saw this video "Greedy raccoon takes food to go"

http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/video?binId=1.815914

Odd. I saw: A cat baffled by a balloon stuck to its belly from static

electricity, a man walking beside a flatbed truck covered with tires,

and a blurry video of a girl dragging a puppy by its front paws along

a very smooth-looking floor (that is, the puppy didn't look uncomfortable).

But no raccoons.

The link was updated each weekday to the video shown on that day's broadcast.
What you saw was the that shown on Friday Aug 3.
The one with a raccoon stealing cat food was on July 22, the day I posted
previously.

This was on a news program. I don't understand - why do they show these

videos on the news? But I guess that's what I get for not turning on the

sound.

The show is called Canada AM, a news/talk show similar to the Today show,
Good Morning America, and is on at the time as these U.S. shows.
The video is called "What I Learn from the Internet Today" with a medley of funny clips. The commentator is a guy named Jeff, who loves cats. So often you
see clips of cats. The link is named "Jeff's video" I love watching it on TV. If I miss it, I go to the webpage and watch it online.
You really should turn on the sound as Jeff's comments are often hilarious
and got the co-anchors of the show laughing their heads off on air.

The one you saw showed a cat stuck with a balloon from static and couldn't get
rid of it.

Winnie

Furballs! The Doctor Cats - misc 0 October 31st 12 07:43 PM
Behaving furballs!! The Doctor Cat health & behaviour 0 February 29th 12 10:45 PM
Update on Furballs Matthew Cat anecdotes 1 September 28th 06 04:00 PM
Update on Furballs Matthew Cat health & behaviour 1 September 28th 06 06:36 AM
The Furballs are two! Lesley Madigan Cat anecdotes 12 April 6th 05 12:25 AM