Sammy finally gets the Shamrock welcome

Old August 16th 13, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Sammy finally gets the Shamrock welcome

As we know, Shamrock can be a bully. Sammy has been doing so well in
this house and he's quite the clown, really. More stories to come.

Tonight I heard all kinds of ruckus and first Sammy then Shamrock
running up the stairs to Sammy's room. Sammy was on the bed with front
claws poised and Shamrock was next to him trying to move in without
taking a hit.

So Sammy sticks up for himself which is good and necessary here. I just
calmly broke it up but it was a good sign that Sammy didn't hide and
Shamrock didn't cause any real harm. I can't tell just yet if Shamrock
was playing or attacking.

The outdoor enclosure has really helped to make the cats get along if
they all want to be out there. Today the weather was gorgeous so I left
the door open all day. Sammy just lounges on the bench in the sun.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old August 16th 13, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/15/2013 9:17 PM, Cheryl wrote:
As we know, Shamrock can be a bully. Sammy has been doing so well in
this house and he's quite the clown, really. More stories to come.

Tonight I heard all kinds of ruckus and first Sammy then Shamrock
running up the stairs to Sammy's room. Sammy was on the bed with front
claws poised and Shamrock was next to him trying to move in without
taking a hit.

So Sammy sticks up for himself which is good and necessary here. I just
calmly broke it up but it was a good sign that Sammy didn't hide and
Shamrock didn't cause any real harm. I can't tell just yet if Shamrock
was playing or attacking.

The outdoor enclosure has really helped to make the cats get along if
they all want to be out there. Today the weather was gorgeous so I left
the door open all day. Sammy just lounges on the bench in the sun.

Nice update, thanks! I'm glad Sammy is sticking up for himself, and
also glad Shamrock didn't do any damage.

Jill

Old August 16th 13, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 8/15/2013 9:21 PM, jmcquown wrote:

Nice update, thanks! I'm glad Sammy is sticking up for himself, and
also glad Shamrock didn't do any damage.

For being here just over 2 weeks I'm amazed at how well he's fitting in.
But it reminds me of the days when I used to foster cats, and once
they were cleared of any cat diseases, they had run of the house and I
never had problems with them integrating.

Here's a pic of Sammy after he found the big new cat tree:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2q0qb9v.jpg

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old August 16th 13, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...
As we know, Shamrock can be a bully. Sammy has been doing so well in this
house and he's quite the clown, really. More stories to come.

Tonight I heard all kinds of ruckus and first Sammy then Shamrock running
up the stairs to Sammy's room. Sammy was on the bed with front claws
poised and Shamrock was next to him trying to move in without taking a
hit.

So Sammy sticks up for himself which is good and necessary here. I just
calmly broke it up but it was a good sign that Sammy didn't hide and
Shamrock didn't cause any real harm. I can't tell just yet if Shamrock was
playing or attacking.

The outdoor enclosure has really helped to make the cats get along if they
all want to be out there. Today the weather was gorgeous so I left the
door open all day. Sammy just lounges on the bench in the sun.

I admire anyone who tries to introduce a new cat. When Kitty Farmcat was
still here she made it clear Boyfie was the bottom of the heap although she
allowed him here, but now he is the only one I doubt he would allow another
after he attacked an innocent black girlie passing through (although she did
look like The Enemy who made his life a misery)
I have room for another and would dearly like to adopt a horribly stinking
feral boy that no-one wants, and get him the snip. This is the perfect
place for a cat like that. Acres of hunting and a tool shed to sleep in if
he prefers not to come in.

However, Boyfie would never allow it. He never fought when KFC was here
(she did it for him) but now he does. Very rarely though, he is usually a
pleasant cat who allows other cats to pass through his garden on their way
to something (unless they are black, like The Enemy, that cat that bullied
him)
He will not tolerate any black cat in his garden and is up for a fight if he
sees one.
Bad luck for that innocent black girl that he bowled over. To his credit he
let her go and didn't harm her.
He was a young boy when he bullied by that black cat. He's never forgotten
it.
It even came into his house during the night to seek him out.

Old August 16th 13, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 21:30:02 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
For being here just over 2 weeks I'm amazed at how well he's fitting in.
But it reminds me of the days when I used to foster cats, and once
they were cleared of any cat diseases, they had run of the house and I
never had problems with them integrating.

Here's a pic of Sammy after he found the big new cat tree:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2q0qb9v.jpg

What a perfect spot to relax!
Old August 16th 13, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 02:56:45 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

Although I don't often comment on these, I love the multiple retellings of
the story about Boyfriend and the innocent black cat, and the non-innocent
black cat.
Old August 16th 13, 03:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 8/15/2013 10:30 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 21:30:02 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
For being here just over 2 weeks I'm amazed at how well he's fitting in.
But it reminds me of the days when I used to foster cats, and once
they were cleared of any cat diseases, they had run of the house and I
never had problems with them integrating.

Here's a pic of Sammy after he found the big new cat tree:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2q0qb9v.jpg

What a perfect spot to relax!

He tried to turn his big body around in there. FAIL. But he's been
enjoying the play stuff here. I've been worried about him missing his
old home but he seems to be happy. He's an under-the-foot kitty. And
when you have one as big as him under your feet it can be dangerous to
both of us. I've learned to look for him especially in the kitchen
before I turn around from the sink to walk because he's usually there.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old August 17th 13, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
[...]

I won't mention it again.
I would love to get a stinky boy with no hope but since Boyfie got to be an
only cat he will fight a cat in his garden.
So I guess I won't be able to.

I just have the perfect place for the adoption of a feral tomcat who just
got neutered but I probably can't, as Boyfie would get well annoyed.
He could roam all he wanted and come inside my house, but I guess Boyfie
would say NO.

I've never given up the idea of saving a stinky feral tomcat.
Because they are boys that their owner did not care enough about to get them
snipped and they just wander and get killed on the roads. My mother's
neighbour never bothered about snipping her lads until one got squashed by
a lorry wandering around for the girls and she saw him dead. She then got
them all done.
Boyfie was intact when he got here, and that it is why he lost his previous
home, wandering for the girlies. He was lost.

I often wonder if they think about him. Maybe they think he was killed on
the road instead of him finding himself far away in a better home where he
got neutered and is now very happy with a perfect life.
Tweed

Old August 22nd 13, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:
[...]

And how KFC sent The Enemy packing.

--
Joyce

What I look forward to, is continued immaturity, followed by death.
-- Dave Barry
Old August 23rd 13, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
[...]

Yep, she sure did. By that time she was quite elderly and liked to snooze
by the fire but when The Enemy came into the house during the night with the
idea of Boyfriend-bullying, she had to do something, to stop herself being
disturbed.
I was woken up in the small hours by her screaming with fury and chasing him
up the walls of the kitchen. I had to get up, of course to see what was
happening. She was half his size but best not to mess with her ;-)

I've never seen such a scared cat bounce off the walls before looking for a
way out and thinking "maybe this was not such a good idea after all.."

He probably hadn't seen her before and after she'd chased him outside and
jumped on his back, tumbling him over into the bushes, he had no intention
of ever seeing her again.