Two Beautiful Persions - Rescued - Need Forever Homes - SF Bay Area, California

Old June 22nd 04, 04:33 AM
Jennifer Smith

Default Two Beautiful Persions - Rescued - Need Forever Homes - SF Bay Area, California

Hi there,

I am trying all avenues to try and place these two persians that I have
rescued
Thanks
-Jennifer

Reply to:
Date: Sun Jun 20th 11:02

Hi there,

I do independent rescue in the Bay Area, but usually just focus on kittens
and spaying/neutering of feral cats. However, in the last 4 weeks two
wonderful persians have found their way to me, both abandon pets, both at
risk of euthanasia.

I am now looking for their forever homes where they can be loved and
cherished as they deserve to be.

JJ is a "Van" Black on White beautiful Persian that originally belonged to a
senior citizen who was sent to a nursing home. Her relatives brought him to
the vet to have him euthanized. I got a call and rushed to his aid. He was
covered in scabs from a flea allergy and completely matted with hot spots
everywhere. After some loving care (and a professional grooming), he was
able to go to at temporary foster home where he has been described as very
loving, very talkative. JJ is approx 11 years old and has checked out in
good health. He recently had a full dental and is now being treated for his
skin (flea) allergy. Unfortunately he has lost his foster home and now is in
boarding. I want to get him into his forever home ASAP. He needs an indoor
only home and regular grooming. Have you always wanted a Persian, but didn't
want to buy from a breeder, adopt one here. JJ can be seen at:
http://members.aol.com/alicity/RESCUE.html

My next boy (in a separate boarding situation) is CreamPuff, (I know, not a
very dignified name for a boy) is an Orange (some tabby) purebred Persian as
well. The vet estimates his age at about 5 years old. He too, has a flea
skin allergy that he is recovering from. Apparently he was dumped about 4
years ago at an apartment complex and the folks around there were feeding
him on and off, but never bothered to bring him in, or get him any vet care.
I took him in, had him tested (neg for FELV/FIV) started his flea treatment.
Considering his lot in life, he purred the entire time he was at the vet,
bumping heads and appreciating what was done for him. He too is looking for
his forever home.
Unfortunately I do not have pictures yet, but will be taking some today, so
email me separately and I can send pix later today or tommorrow.

Pre-screening and adoption fee will apply (to offset vet expenses).

Please contact me for more info or if you are interested in these two boys.
(they go separately)

Thanks
-Jennifer Smith

Old June 22nd 04, 11:56 PM
Sharon Talbert

There is very likely a purebred rescue group in your area, Jennifer.
Inquire at the shelter. Also try PetFinder.com.

Good luck!

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats
Seattle