No box too small for Tessie...

Old January 24th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default No box too small for Tessie...

I can't remember sharing this photo yet... I got a new cutlery set for
christmas and it came in a box with a 'window' cut out of it so you
could see what it looked like. I put the box down on the kitties
favourite resting place (because it's next to the trash can and that
way I'd remember to take it with me...) and when I turned around
Tessie had climbed inside!
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/27664...15899315Hphtdw

Silly insisted on trying too, but she could only fit her paws into the
hole... she must have felt a bit embarassed about it because she ran
away when I fetched the camera!
Old January 24th 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
I can't remember sharing this photo yet... I got a new cutlery set for
christmas and it came in a box with a 'window' cut out of it so you
could see what it looked like. I put the box down on the kitties
favourite resting place (because it's next to the trash can and that
way I'd remember to take it with me...) and when I turned around
Tessie had climbed inside!
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/27664...15899315Hphtdw

Silly insisted on trying too, but she could only fit her paws into the
hole... she must have felt a bit embarassed about it because she ran
away when I fetched the camera!

LOL! Reminds me of Nikki and this box:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/12047...58511339LOBeHU

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old January 24th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

I can't remember sharing this photo yet... I got a new cutlery set for
christmas and it came in a box with a 'window' cut out of it so you
could see what it looked like. I put the box down on the kitties
favourite resting place (because it's next to the trash can and that
way I'd remember to take it with me...) and when I turned around
Tessie had climbed inside!
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/27664...15899315Hphtdw

Silly insisted on trying too, but she could only fit her paws into the
hole... she must have felt a bit embarassed about it because she ran
away when I fetched the camera!

Tessie sounds like Barnabus. Any box on the floor becomes his box. I am
still amused, however, by him playing with soft drink cartons that are
open on the end. He'll take a running start and dive into the box,
trying to fit his entire body inside.

I like the picture.
Julie

Old January 24th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

Oh, that is sooo cute!! The kittens here have fun with the boxes the gooshy
food tins come in....as it's emptied they can fit more of them into it, and
have marvellous games hunting each other all around it!

Old January 25th 07, 09:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Julie and Sam wrote:
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

[...]

Persia does that with paper bags... a running dive head first into a bag
which of course scoots across the floor with her in it. Goofy cat.

Jill

Old January 27th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

I can't remember sharing this photo yet... I got a new cutlery set for
christmas and it came in a box with a 'window' cut out of it so you
could see what it looked like. I put the box down on the kitties
favourite resting place (because it's next to the trash can and that
way I'd remember to take it with me...) and when I turned around
Tessie had climbed inside!
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/27664...15899315Hphtdw

Silly insisted on trying too, but she could only fit her paws into the
hole... she must have felt a bit embarassed about it because she ran
away when I fetched the camera!

Very cute! Soncek loves boxes too.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old January 27th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
I can't remember sharing this photo yet... I got a new cutlery set for
christmas and it came in a box with a 'window' cut out of it so you
could see what it looked like. I put the box down on the kitties
favourite resting place (because it's next to the trash can and that
way I'd remember to take it with me...) and when I turned around
Tessie had climbed inside!
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/27664...15899315Hphtdw

Silly insisted on trying too, but she could only fit her paws into the
hole... she must have felt a bit embarassed about it because she ran
away when I fetched the camera!

I have heard so often on this group about how the cats just love boxes. I
am very envious to see Tessie inside the box.
I got a couple of boxes for my two a while ago. I thought they would go
inside them immediately and enjoy them. Nope. "What's those things?"
enquired Boyfie. Kitty did not even show a sign that she had noticed them.
After two weeks, totally spurned, I tore them up to light my woodburner
with. So much for boxes.
I try to amuse my cats. Foil balls, little pretend mousies, feather on a
stick, you name it. They are not interested in any of it.
They eye me with suspicion when I try to play with them. Neither of them
know what to do. They don't seem to want to play at all, in fact the strong
feeling I get from them both is feed us, let us in the house to be warm and
snuggle with you if we want to but otherwise leave us alone.

Tweed

Old January 28th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

I got a couple of boxes for my two a while ago. I thought they would go
inside them immediately and enjoy them. Nope. "What's those things?"
enquired Boyfie. Kitty did not even show a sign that she had noticed them.
After two weeks, totally spurned, I tore them up to light my woodburner
with. So much for boxes.
I try to amuse my cats. Foil balls, little pretend mousies, feather on a
stick, you name it. They are not interested in any of it.
They eye me with suspicion when I try to play with them. Neither of them
know what to do.

They go outside. (Well, Kitty used to, anyway.) So they can hunt for
real. They don't need to play pretend hunting!

It's the same with Smudge. Roxy and Licky love for me to play with
them. Sometimes I'll hear a "meow" and look over, and both of them
are sitting there, looking at me expectantly. The latest favorite toy
is usually in close proximity. But Smudge couldn't care less about
toys and playing. She has real wildlife to stimulate her hunting
behavior.

Joyce
Old January 28th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I got a couple of boxes for my two a while ago. I thought they would go
inside them immediately and enjoy them. Nope. "What's those things?"
enquired Boyfie. Kitty did not even show a sign that she had noticed
them.
After two weeks, totally spurned, I tore them up to light my woodburner
with. So much for boxes.
I try to amuse my cats. Foil balls, little pretend mousies, feather on
stick, you name it. They are not interested in any of it.
They eye me with suspicion when I try to play with them. Neither of
them
know what to do.

They go outside. (Well, Kitty used to, anyway.)

She often still does. She sometimes follows Boyfie down the garden in the
morning part of the way. He is helping me with the chickens. She is saying
"come back here immediately meowmie and give me my breakfast."

Why are my cats so small? Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 30 July 29th 05 07:06 AM
Repairing small slits in sofa from cat claws Richard Cat health & behaviour 11 July 28th 05 08:17 PM
One Small Stool For Cat... Mare Cat anecdotes 9 July 4th 05 10:04 PM
Small snippets LOL Cat anecdotes 23 September 30th 04 01:18 PM
Harvey: Small picture of Lots42 The Library Avenger Cat anecdotes 60 June 16th 04 10:17 PM