The two kittens return!

Old December 4th 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default The two kittens return!

Jet took the two kittens away from their box by my front steps about
two weeks ago when they started walking around. It really isn't a good
place for exploring - too many cars and too much cement. She moved
them somewhere in the backyards.

I never know who is going to show up for the morning feeding when I go
to work. I can count on Scooter, who now lives in the box I built
originally for him - not the kittens. But this morning the whole
family showed up. Scooter, wife and mom Jet, and the two kittens, now
around 6 weeks old. Four bowls went out and everyone was eating away.

I got to pet both of the kittens and hold them for a few seconds. I
still can't get a hand on Jet. And she looks pregnant again. If it was
Scooter, that will be the last time since I had him fixed.

Scooter now has a mink wrap in his box, as well as a heating pad. I
don't turn that on unless the temperature drops below 40. I don't know
if I can really bring Scooter into my house since he clearly likes
being outside. But I expect that will change as the season moves on.
He may very well become my first indoor/outdoor cat.

I need to talk to my neighbors. One of them said someone was coming by
after Thanksgiving to TNR three of the cats. That's one reason I put a
collar on Scooter - he's been done. But clearly the TNR hasn't been
done yet.

And I guess we need to get the kittens to a shelter while they're
still so adorable and adoptable. It's tough when they're such a cute
family.
Old December 8th 09, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"dgk" wrote in message
And I guess we need to get the kittens to a shelter while they're
still so adorable and adoptable. It's tough when they're such a cute
family.

I hope it's a no-kill shelter.