Baby Eyes & me

Old December 31st 03, 08:38 PM
Pat

Default Baby Eyes & me

She's been staying close to the house since she came back, and being very
sweet to me.

Thanks a lot to everyone, once again, for the purrs & prayers. My own pain
is calming down slowly.

I just got back from the clinic in town where they took 3 x-ray pictures and
couldn't tell from them whether or not any ribs are fractured or any other
damage exists. The pictures were overexposed because they don't have a
competent x-ray technician. One shot was done twice and it hurt so much to
get me into the proper position on their table that I didn't want to go
through it a third time. So for now I'm just going to take it easy and hope
nothing goes wrong that I can't deal with at home.

I doubt that I'll ever go to that clinic again, it's a total waste of time
and money and energy. At least I managed to get some food bought while I was
in town.

What really burns me up is the weather has been incredibly nice for the last
few days and I needed to finish replacing the underflooring I tore from
under the bathroom to fix the plumbing, so I wouldn't have ice cold air
coming into to cupboards and freezing the pipes all winter and wouldn't have
to leave the water running all night every night for the next three months
to keep that from happening. All it would take is about half an hour of
laying down under the house and nailing the boards back up. In the state I'm
in I won't be able to even think of doing something like that for at least a
month. This gorgeous unseasonably warm weather would have enabled me to work
under the house without freezing to death and get this stuff done before the
winter begins in earnest, and it kills me that I can't take advantage of it.

Old December 31st 03, 10:43 PM
polonca12000

It's good to hear the pain is calming down, but I am very sorry to hear
about the x-ray technician. I do hope you never have to go through that
again. Is there anyone else that can nail the boards back up for you?
Very gentle hugs and extra-strong healing purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old January 1st 04, 09:42 PM
Pat

"polonca12000" wrote in message
It's good to hear the pain is calming down, but I am very sorry to hear
about the x-ray technician. I do hope you never have to go through that
again. Is there anyone else that can nail the boards back up for you?
Very gentle hugs and extra-strong healing purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Well I used a comfrey poultice last night and it seemed to help a lot. The
heat felt good, anyway. And now I have my ribcage bound in elastic bandages,
which also seems to ease the pain somewhat.

Someone might come over tomorrow and help me for a while in partial trade
for a propane heater I am offering for sale.

The cats through all of this have stuck by me 100%. Abelard sleeps curled up
close to the biggest bruises, and the others (who are much heavier and know
it) stay at my feet whenever I'm in bed.

I have to sleep sitting up. Never thought I'd be able to do that. I've tried
it on buses and trains and planes and it never worked, but here at home, no
problem. I guess it's the presence of 4 furry healers that makes the
difference.

:\

Old January 2nd 04, 04:35 AM
Marina

"Pat" wrote
snip

The cats through all of this have stuck by me 100%. Abelard sleeps curled

up
close to the biggest bruises, and the others (who are much heavier and

know
it) stay at my feet whenever I'm in bed.

snippy

So glad to hear that the cats are carrying out their duties as nurse
kitties, and that someone is coming in to help you. We are still purring
here for your ribs to heal soon.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old January 2nd 04, 04:51 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old January 2nd 04, 02:41 PM
polonca12000

I'm so glad to hear your kitties are taking such good care of you. Their
purring is healing and hopefully your pain will subside really soon.
Best wishes and purrs from Soncek also,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip The cats through all of this have stuck by me 100%. Abelard sleeps

Old January 2nd 04, 08:44 PM
Jette Goldie

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
. ..

Well I used a comfrey poultice last night and it seemed to help a
lot. The heat felt good, anyway. And now I have my ribcage bound in
elastic bandages, which also seems to ease the pain somewhat.

As I understand it, elastic bandages are the standard way of treating
broken ribs, even at a hospital. About all that the doctors can do
is to immobilize the ribs and give the body time to heal on its own.

Yup, and if it's only a fracture, not a break, they don't even
do that - just tell you not to lift things, not to do anything
too strenous and take things easy. Ibuprophen for the
pain.

I managed to crack a rib once upon a time when someone got
a wee bit too enthusiastic with a hug yes, really and as I was
at a SF convention when it happened, someone made me a badge
to wear that said "Walking Wounded - do not hug!"

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old January 2nd 04, 11:10 PM
Victor Martinez

Jette Goldie wrote:
I managed to crack a rib once upon a time when someone got
a wee bit too enthusiastic with a hug yes, really and as I was
at a SF convention when it happened, someone made me a badge
to wear that said "Walking Wounded - do not hug!"

You sure it wasn't a Klingon wanting to mate? ;-)

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he