Abelard Has A Broken Tail!

Old December 23rd 05, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Abelard Has A Broken Tail!

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 18:20:26 -0600, "Pat"
wrote:

He just came in with his tail all bent and hanging at an odd angle, and
can't stand for me to touch it. What next? And meowmie with less than $50 to
last the rest of the month!

That happened to Sheba many years ago. Only it was just dislocated. A
retired vet friend showed me how to gently straighten and then massage
the tail with gentle pulling motions. It healed with just a bit of a
kink. I hope that is all that is wrong with Abelard. Although the way
he doesn't want you to touch it makes it sound like something worse.
Could you get someone to help hold him while you at least splint it?
Healing purrs on the way.

--
CATherine
Old December 23rd 05, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CATherine" wrote

That happened to Sheba many years ago. Only it was just dislocated. A
retired vet friend showed me how to gently straighten and then massage
the tail with gentle pulling motions. It healed with just a bit of a
kink. I hope that is all that is wrong with Abelard. Although the way
he doesn't want you to touch it makes it sound like something worse.
Could you get someone to help hold him while you at least splint it?
Healing purrs on the way.

Many thanks for the purrs.

Unfortunately there's no one around who could help hold him. Gloria is in
Arkansas until after New Year's. I sure hope it's only dislocated. It is
quite swollen now near the bent spot. I do not feel confident or competent
to handle this one and will be glad to let the vet take care of it.

I'll get him in as early as I can in the morning. Meanwhile I am going to
take a bath and try to dip his tail into the water and rinse it off as well
as possible, then apply the arnica and DMSO, and make sure he stays indoors
for the night.

Old December 23rd 05, 10:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I'm so very sorry to hear that.
Lots and lots of healing purrs and best wishes that the vet can fix
whatever is wrong with Abelard's tail,
Polonca and Soncek

Old December 23rd 05, 11:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
He just came in with his tail all bent and hanging at an odd angle,
and can't stand for me to touch it. What next? And meowmie with less
than $50 to last the rest of the month!

Poor Abelard, purrs for rapid treatment and recovery.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old December 23rd 05, 01:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
He just came in with his tail all bent and hanging at an odd angle, and
can't stand for me to touch it. What next? And meowmie with less than $50

last the rest of the month!

Shoots, I was working all day yesterday and I missed this thread. Is there
anything the vet can do for a broken tail? I'd think they'd have to
amputate, unfortunately. I wish I could contribute, but I can't even afford
to get my husband a Christmas gift this year.

kili

Old December 23rd 05, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message

"PatM" wrote

Hey Pat, I came in a little late on this but I can help out a bit too.
Poor hurting baby....

The folks at the clinic are going to be inundated with calls from
everywhere in the morning!

Well if the folks here don't mind, any excess funding could be used to
help poor sweet Baby Eyes, who I fear is most likely asthmatic. There was
a thread here a month or so ago from a new person about a coughing cat,
and someone posted a link to a video clip of how an asthmatic cat looks
during an attack, and a vet's written description also. I'm sorry to say
that is precisely what Baby Eyes has been doing. I always thought it must
be hookworms, but after several wormings which did not resolve the
problem, I have to assume the cause is something worse. She was doing it
again a few days ago.... So far she has not had a really severe episode
but it could come at any time. I had looked up the price of the mask for
the inhaler, and the sprays, etc. and knew it was out of my reach, so I
never mentioned it.

I just called in and they said you had not made an appointment for Abelard
yet. I told them you probably would be, but it not to just put the payment
towards your future account for any of the kitties. I'm just sorry it
couldn't have been more.

How is Abelard this morning?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 23rd 05, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote

How is Abelard this morning?

P-o'd at being locked in.

I just woke up. Couldn't sleep until past 4 AM.

Old December 23rd 05, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini" wrote

Shoots, I was working all day yesterday and I missed this thread. Is
there
anything the vet can do for a broken tail? I'd think they'd have to
amputate, unfortunately. I wish I could contribute, but I can't even
afford
to get my husband a Christmas gift this year.

Please, no mention of the A word... and not to worry on the $ I think the
vet bill is gonna be more than covered.

Old December 23rd 05, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"PatM" wrote

The folks at the clinic are going to be inundated with calls from
everywhere in the morning!

Wen I made the appointment (just now) the receptionist told me so far only
one call has come in.

Old December 23rd 05, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

He just came in with his tail all bent and hanging at an odd angle, and
can't stand for me to touch it. What next? And meowmie with less than $50 to
last the rest of the month!

Oh, no! Poor Abelard. Purrs that you can get him fixed up ASAP and
he'll be feeling fine in no time.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/