What would do with your cats if you were evicted?

Old March 25th 09, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

Default What would do with your cats if you were evicted?

"Granby" wrote in message
It is what it is, to give Sadie to someone knowing they will probably get
bitten is just not fair to her. She has been mistreated enough.

A good thought, I got her back in November and today, for the first time
she willingly walked up and let my son pet her and, she let him take her
outside and let her back in the house. PROGRESS.

(snip)

That is excellent progress, and just think how much courage it takes for her
to trust someone.
Well done,
Karla

Old March 25th 09, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

(snip)
I suspect she would find room for Francis Drake. He's a darling.
He's so funny. He rushes out of his hut when I let him out in the
morning, flapping his wings and running up and down the orchard. He's
certain he can fly. Unfortunately he's forgotten that Muscovy drakes are
so heavy they can't.
It never gets him down. He tries every day. I love him, he's so
charming.
I must get a video of him when he gets his bath refilled with brand new
water every Saturday. He's ecstatic and it does my heart good to see him.

Tweed

I would love to see a video of Francis Drake's Saturday Bath and his Let's
See If I Can Fly Today run in the orchard. He sounds totally charming.
Does he make lots of duck noises? I know they can have quite a repertoire.

I'd like to have room for a goose. They do have strong personalities.

The closest I come to having fowl now is a bird feeder that is visited daily
(early evening, right before dusk) by Mourning Doves, then a pair of
Pheasant, and last come the Mallards, a hen and a drake.

A casual glance in the backyard one morning revealed a Golden Pheasant.
He's never been back (he has to have been someone's pet, Golden Pheasants do
not just pop up in the suburbs of Aloha, Oregon), but I'll never forget his
visit.

And a glance out the window right now tells me it is truly spring, the
squirrels are chasing each other up, down, and across the oak trees.

KFC will surely get her time in the sun, 6ft gate or not. If the rays are
there, she will come! Her determination is admirable, humbling really.
Karla

Old March 26th 09, 12:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
On Mar 22, 12:29 pm, "Matthew"
wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message

et...

"Matthew" wrote

| Also about eviction it is not weeks but months

The time is much shorter if you don't pay the rent.

I m only going by what I see on the court TV and Florida it can take up to
a year here to get them out rent free they get the whole time.

I think in Colorado that it's a minimum of 90 days without rent, then
the eviction process can begin. Depends on the area for how long it
takes to remove a non-paying renter after that.

The laws definitely vary by state. And there are many different types of
eviction; non-payment is merely one of them. Kristi should look up landlord
and tenant rights for her state. Read what the landlord can do. Sometimes
they don't even have to give you a reason, or even more than 3 days notice.
Nor are they obligated to renew your lease even if you've been a model
tenant. But there are things tenants can do to protect their rights as
well. Not that I think it will come to this for Kristi and her kitties.

Jill

Old March 26th 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Update: What would do with your cats if you were evicted?

On Mar 24, 12:42*pm, "Jofirey" wrote:
I'm so sorry both of you have been put through that.

In defense of good brothers (and sisters) everywhere.

My brother was, and my sister is, the very best. *A lot of the credit
for that goes to my parents. *They made a real point of trying their
best not to set us against each other. *Sure they made some mistakes,
I was the smart one, Pat was the pretty one, and Dick was the popular
one. *Left us feeling not pretty, not smart, or not popular as the
case may be.

Even though we lived most of out adult lives 3,000 miles apart, we
managed to be there for each other. *I still miss the times I used to
call and talk to my brother. *As I would tell him, I just needed to
talk to someone that I knew loved me no matter what, and I knew wasn't
upset with me or didn't want something from me I couldn't or wouldn't
give them. *(the curse of spouses and children)

My SIL said it was strange to be in the same room with us both. *While
we weren't much alike and didn't look much alike, we would almost
always have exactly the same expressions on our faces.

My parents used to say that they were truly blessed. *That they could
trust the three of us completely, and that the three of us trusted
each other completely.

Jo

Well, I have to chime in too, in defense of good siblings.
My father was the epitome of "fair". If it wasn't "fair" to either of
us, he simply would
not do it. I swear he woulen't give one of us five bucks without being
sure he gave the
other the exact same amount, and made a point of telling us why.
He was afraid we'd end up quarreling over my grandmother's things. So
he sold
everything at auction, and if we wanted it, we had to bid against the
public for it.
His reasoning was always "This way, you will all be mad at me, and
not
mad at each other." I guess it worked, because we usually *were* mad
at him
together. And with the exception of some rough patches in the
beginning, Dad's
probate has been a breeze. If we didn't learn anything else from him,
we learned
to be fair with each other.
If my sister needed anything at all I'd be right there no matter what.
With no strings.
Because, IMO, that's simply what families do.
Sherry
Old March 26th 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Karla" wrote in message

[...]

No, he does not make duck noises. Muscovies hiss but not in an aggressive
way like geese. It's just the noise they make. They do not quack.
They also have a crest which they raise if they are alarmed or excited or
pleased. When I let Francis out of his hut in the morning he hisses and
raises his crest which might be scary for those who don't understand him.
It could seem like he was thinking of attacking. Perish the thought. He
has no idea that he even could, he's just thrilled to be let out. Every
morning is a new morning for him, it will be the day he can fly. He always
tries, every day without fail he rushes up and down the orchard flapping his
wings.
He is too heavy though: he hasn't read the book that says Muscovy boys
always get too heavy to fly.
He never lets it bother him - he doesn't get depressed about his lack of
success, he just keeps trying. He's certain "this will be the day I will
fly."
You gotta love him - and maybe we can learn from his philosophy.

Tweed

Old March 29th 09, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Mischief wrote:
That is the question my brother asked me during a very tense and
tearful conversation I just had with him.

I went to court for my restitution hearing only to find out that the
drunk driver's lawyer had it postponed another month so he can discuss
the damages I'm claiming with his client.

My calls to the insurance companies about my property and medical
claims informed me that the claims are pending while people are still
sending in their paperwork.

while I had two job interviews on wed, all attempts to talk to a live
person at teh unemployment office have failed and they have closed
their doors to walk-in appointments.

snip
Kristi

Lots of purrs and best wishes for you to get a job, Kristi,
Polonca and Soncek