The second second day

Old March 23rd 09, 09:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default The second second day

Today is Fluffy's "Second Day" in the "three days you'll remember of your
pet". Where once youth was, there is age. Where there was once clumsiness
due to overinthusiastic puppyhood there's careful and considered movement.
Oh her eyes are still bright, her tail is still gyrating in mad sweeping
chaos, and she still loves to torture socks, but she's disticnly an *old*
dog now. When she gets up from lying down, she does slowly, and walks a few
steps with a limp before her hips 'warm up'. She no longer barrels me over
to get to the hose, although still enjoys a good water fight, and I've
noticed her front teeth are worn to virtual stumps even though that doesn't
stop her destroying anything wooden in the house. Occasionally if she turns
around too quick, she lets out a quick yelp, although quickly gets on with
doing whatever it was she was doing. She'd be somewhere between 75 and 90 in
human years, and time is short for her now, even if her spirit isn't.

*sigh*

I hate these second days because I know that the third day when I have to
say goodbye is not far away.

Still, I wouldn't want to know life with out her, and she and Shmogg would
surely be happy to see each other again as she was truly both Shmogg's
devoted second servant and willing stooge for many a b*st*rd c*t trick. And
she was - and still is - a *good dog*.

*sigh*

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old March 23rd 09, 10:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Yowie wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Vicky }}}}}}}}}}}}
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 23rd 09, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

"Yowie" wrote in
:

I hate these second days because I know that the third day when I have
to say goodbye is not far away.

I am in no way a dog person but now you've got me all choked up....

(That's a good thing.)
Old March 23rd 09, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Mar 23, 5:57*am, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

May her second day be long and gentle.

--
Will in New Haven
"Dogs and cats, that's the answer. Dogs AND cats." - me

Old March 23rd 09, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

and she couldn't have chosen a better human to share her life with, the
second day is always even harder for me than the third, because it not only
portends of what is to come but reminds me of my own not always graceful
maturing, Lee

Old March 23rd 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

((((((((((Yowie and Fluffy))))))))))

Joy

Old March 24th 09, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

((((((((((Vicky)))))))))

I dread that day too. Fluffy is one of my favorite d-things.

Pam S.

Old March 24th 09, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie wrote:
gentle snippage

I hate these second days because I know that the third day when I have to
say goodbye is not far away.

snip

It is hard. {{{Yowie}}}

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old March 24th 09, 09:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Yowie wrote:
[...]

Old age is not fun. It happens to people too. She has our purrs for
comfort. MLB