Victoria's BCT

Old March 27th 09, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Default Victoria's BCT

"Gandalf"...
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:30:57 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Ya'll remember Victoria, the blind cat we adopted.

Sigh.

It didn't take her long.

Last Thursday afternoon & evening, she didn't eat much and had several
times thrown up what she did it, or clear fluids.

I left Friday morning to run a retreat where there was no cell signal
to speak of. When I got home Sunday afternoon, DH said that she didn't
eat or drink Friday, or pee or poo. He called the emergency vet, and
took her in twice while I was gone. The vet found nothing serious
wrong (no blockages, no congestion, no infections, no....nothing) and
gave her subQ fluids both times, also put gooshy food in her mouth
which she ate just fine.

Sunday night after I got home, she was eating and drinking (gooshy
food, of course!) and had peed several times; no barfing.

Monday, was still eating and drinking and peeing but hadn't pooed; she
was perky and affectionate through all this, by the way.

Tuesday....here we go again. Throwing up everything she ate, still no
poo, off her feed, even refusing gooshy food put in her mouth (she
spit it out). So I call the vet and we make an appointment for this
morning to re-check, get more fluids, etc. We start wondering if her
nose doesn't work right or something.....there's no obvious or even
non-obvious reason for the feeding problems.

Well, overnight she scarfed down all the gooshy food we'd given her,
plus a fair amount of dry, drank a bunch, peed AND pooed (BIG
poo...and her litterbox is near my desk, pew!). No throwing up at all.

She's sitting on my arms as I try to type, quite pleased with herself.
I gave her more gooshy food a little while ago and it disappeared in a
heartbeat.

I called the vet and cancelled the appointment. I think it was a
******* Cat Trick.

Deborah
slave to the Magnificents

I'm glad she's OK now.

I hope this doesn't happen again. Some cats just have delicate digestive
systems. I hope this was a one time thing.

I totally agree. I'm glad she's okay now too. And I totally agree with
Gandalf and some cats having 'plumbing problems' Mosey does sometimes too.
But not lately..
Purrs for her to continue to feel better and for Kenzie too.
Kyla

- Robert Heinlein