Your Cat's Names

Old May 24th 04, 10:18 PM

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote:

Actually, he was named after the egg-shaped, weighted-on-the-bottom
toy, I think by either Fisher Price or Hasbro. We never had any as a
kid, but I remember the commercials "Weebles wobble but they don't
fall down" Here's an example of one :
http://tinyurl.com/ytzjw

Oh, that's funny! I've never seen one of those, although I have a vague
memory of the "Weebles wobble..." phrase from the commercials. Was this a
70s thing? I didn't have a TV back then, so I missed a lot of popular
culture.

I didn't realize you'd named him after that. It's perfect! Although he
probably doesn't wobble too much any more.

Joyce
Old May 24th 04, 10:41 PM
Ann

Cinnamon because of her coloring. She is a tordie.
Abby was named by the lady that rescued her. I was told she knew her name so
we kept it. I'm not sure if she did before, but after a few days we us she
did because I use it when talking to her.

Ann

"Rob Riemensnyder" wrote in message

The names that we choose for our pets all have different meanings and
origins. I was just looking to see if anyone had any interesting
stories about how they came up with the names of their pets.

I'm a TV freak so my cats' names are all from TV shows. Ned, my
eleven year old black and white panda-esque cat, was named after a
character on the soap "General Hospital". My "middle" cat, eight year
old Otto, was named after a character from the British comedy series
"Allo Allo". My youngest kitty, one year old Anya, was named after a
demon from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"... and certainly lives up to the
name sometimes, too!

Rob Riemensnyder

www.RobRiemensnyder.com

Stop by and vote in the latest Poll of the Moment! Who do YOU think
was the most annoying TV personality of the 2003-2004 television
season? Was it the cast of "Friends"? Cocky "American Idol" hopeful
Fantasia Borrino? Maybe it was "Boston" Rob? Vote now!

Old May 24th 04, 10:49 PM

On Mon, 24 May 2004 14:50:57 -0400, Rob Riemensnyder
wrote:

[...]

Lets see:

First cat 3 yrs old
Figaro (what else do you name a tuxedo cat

I am going to have to get a picture of me and him with one of those
bow tie collars and me dressed up in my tux. I think I'll send it off
to Playboy asking for an invite to one of Hef's parties. (Hey Hef! I
am bringing my own puss... CAT)

Second cat (Middle child) 2,5 yrs old
Tito

Got him from a friend who's cat had kittens.
When I took him to the vet right after I picked him up I did not have
a name for him. When I went to check him in the receptionist asked me
for his name. Well, he was curled up asleep in the carrier way in the
back. He was such a tiny gatitio ( spanish for kitten) I just said
Tito. It stuck.
Now he is 15+ lbs of well... cat
Must be a Maine Coon in his background somewhere (big like one with
the bushy tail and ear tufts).

Third cat 1.5 yrs old
Antonio

Found in my front yard underneath my steps.
Named after the gardener in "The Marriage of Figaro"

Will post a picture at alt.binaries.pictures.animals of the boys.
One of the rare times they were all together.
See if you can tell which one is the mischievous one.

..

Old May 24th 04, 11:24 PM
Sherry

Bootsie -- I'm afraid we were very un-original on that one. She has four white
feet.
Yoda--Had HUGE ears and a pointy nose when he was little. My son used to pull
his ears down and say, "Use the Force, Luke."
Frank--Blue eyed Siamese, Named after Frank Sinatra, the original ole Blue
Eyes.
Biskit -- We were watching Seabiscuit when she strayed up at the window, and
plus, she kneads all the time. Vet said she was "making biscuits."
Jack--(RB)--We found him in a taped-up box in the driveway. "Jack in the Box."
Cherokee (RB). No clue. The kids came up with that one.

Sherry

Old May 24th 04, 11:35 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

wrote in message
"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote:

Actually, he was named after the egg-shaped, weighted-on-the-bottom
toy, I think by either Fisher Price or Hasbro. We never had any as a
kid, but I remember the commercials "Weebles wobble but they don't
fall down" Here's an example of one :
http://tinyurl.com/ytzjw

Oh, that's funny! I've never seen one of those, although I have a vague
memory of the "Weebles wobble..." phrase from the commercials. Was this a
70s thing? I didn't have a TV back then, so I missed a lot of popular
culture.

I remember the commercials from the 70's - but I think they've been around
since the 50's

I didn't realize you'd named him after that. It's perfect! Although he
probably doesn't wobble too much any more.

Nope, not wobbly in the least - last time he wobbled was when he got back
from TED after being 'snipped', and that was in December

I do go around kinda singing to him "Little Weeble Wobblybottom, I'm so very
glad I got 'im - even though his bottom ain't so wobbly any more"
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old May 24th 04, 11:58 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

I did a google and found out that it was Hasbro that produced them, but they
were based on the Romper Room Punching Clown (or bop-bag). Read more about
them he
http://www.bigredtoybox.com/articles/weebleindex.shtml
or
http://tinyurl.com/3dzkd