Dennis is home

Old April 24th 04, 02:57 AM
badwilson

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:56:28 +0700, "badwilson"
yodeled:
(snip)

Now he just has to get over the jetlag. Going to Florida from
Thailand for only 10 days is definitely no good. Just when he got
over the jetlag from going over there, he had to turn around and
come back. Now he's all screwed up :-(

Oh yeah. I remember when I went to Australia. I was fine while I was
there, but the retransition at home was absolutely surreal.
Melbourne is 14 hours ahead of here, I arrived home at about 5 in the
morning local time, and I was completely switched around, night for
day. I thought I was never going to go back to normal.

Theresa

Glad Dennis is Home Britta!!!

I understand the jet lag isn't so bad if you travel in a certain direction
going and returning. I know when we left the States to go to Bangkok, we
left early in the morning from San Francisco - made the connection in
Honolulu, flew on over and slept on the plane. The time wasn't so very
messed up for us. On the way back, we went the other way round, through

the
Middle East; changed planes in Tel Aviv, then changed planes in Wiesbaden,
Germany. I swear we spent one night in Copenhagen, but my mom says that
isn't so. Anyway, we landed in NYC. Again, not so terribly bad.

Jill

Yes, they generally say that going East is worse. But it's just plain bad
when you have such a short trip. I'm so glad that Dennis doesn't do that
every 6 weeks like some of the guys in the company do. Yikes, jetlag for
life!
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

Old April 24th 04, 03:01 AM
badwilson

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
om...
Ya Hoo, Dennis is home. Sounds like he is imitating Santa with that big

bag
of fantastic gifts! I love your add-on sig line; Sandpaper kisses, a
cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered in fur! So cute,

so
true!

Charleen

Yes, I made the comment that this was like Christmas. Actually it was
better than Christmas, since we don't generally do presents and this last
Christmas we were in Burma and all we had is a turkey dinner (which was
enormously appreciated, but still...).
I'm glad you like my sig line. I must admit that I stole it from an on-line
board, but it's not one that I generally read and I doubt anyone here reads
it, so I figured it was a safe steal;-)

Old April 24th 04, 10:51 AM
Adrian

badwilson wrote:
Both Vino and I are really happy about it :-) It was so cute when
Dennis started unpacking his huge suitcase and duffel bag. He pulled
out about 50 cans of Iams and Nutro, tons of various kitty treats,
cat grass seeds, Petromalt and...woo hooo...catnip! Vino immediately
sniffed out the 'nip and grabbed the little plastic tub and took off
with it. We had to chase him down to get it back. We sprinkled a
bit on his scratching post. This must have been really good bud
because he went way more crazy over this stuff than he does about the
usual stuff we have. Do they grow stronger 'nip in Florida, Hop?
Anyway, it was so funny the way he rubbed himself all over it and
gobbled it up and then begged for more and more. Finally we said
enough and he sought out the plastic bag that it came in and rubbed
on that! Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, he relaxed in
a satisfied stupor and meatloafed on the bag with huge pupils. LOL!
For other goodies, we now have a lot of peanut butter, microwave
popcorn and peppermint tea. Being the total sweetie that he is,
Dennis got me a heart rate monitor (can't wait to work out with it!)
and pineapple passionfruit protein powder :-) Dennis did really well
in the simulator, was the most prepared out of all of the guys there.
They kept them busy from 6 am until 10 pm every day. He got his
captaincy with no restrictions, effective immediately. Not that it
will change anything about his job, but there is a welcome pay raise
and naturally it looks much better in the resume. He said that things
were insanely expensive over there, he spent about $60 US per day on
food, including a couple of beers at night. Yikes, here in Thailand
that would be $10, I'm so glad I didn't go! Now he just has to get
over the jetlag. Going to Florida from Thailand for only 10 days is
definitely no good. Just when he got over the jetlag from going over
there, he had to turn around and come back. Now he's all screwed up
:-( We are going to head into Bangkok next week to finish up with the
allergy testing. Still don't know what caused that anaphylactic
reaction those times in February. Fortunately it hasn't happened
again. Dennis has an epi pen which he carries everywhere now and 2
more should be arriving soon. Hopefully they can tell us what he's
allergic to, but they said that in 50% of the cases they never find
out. That would be the worst, not knowing and always wondering.

I'm glad Dennis is home safe and well, I'm glad he got his priorities right
and got so many pressies for Vino.

Old April 24th 04, 10:51 AM
Adrian

badwilson wrote:
[...]

He's home, He's home!! GraceCat Cat anecdotes 36 April 23rd 04 01:35 PM
Simeon's Home Tanada Cat anecdotes 14 April 21st 04 10:11 PM
Pirate in his new home today ! Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 12 December 3rd 03 11:04 AM
Hi Mom, I'm home! Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 6 September 25th 03 10:05 AM