Tap, tap. Tap, tap.

Old April 25th 04, 07:17 AM
Jo Firey

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

Last night, Buster wanted outside around supper time.

Come bed time, I was somewhat concerned that he hadn't come back,
because severe thunderstorms with heavy rain were predicted for our
area. Buster's predilection for bad weather makes me wonder about that
cat...

So bedtime came and went. I called for Buster several times before
finally going to sleep. A couple of times, loud thunder woke me up.

Finally, the alarm goes off at about 5am (yeah, it's a Saturday, but I
just leave the alarm on, but usually go back to sleep on the
weekends). I took that opportunity to get up and get a drink, which
involves walking through the living room to the kitchen.

As a matter of course, I look towards the living room window to see if
there is a cat shadow. Well there is, and it is a very animated cat
shadow. In fact, the shadow is reaching a paw up and tapping at the
window.

I can almost hear the "Wake up! Wake up! It's wet, and windy, and
loud, and SCARY out here!"

So I open the door, and Buster rushes in, dry except for his tail.
When I pick him up, he purrs and cuddles up close, trembling slightly.

Poor cat. Maybe that will teach him that inside is much nicer than
outside (yeah, see me holding MY breath - big grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Don't you love it when they act like they were PUT outside by some big
meanie when you had done your darndest to keep them in or to get them back
in? Mine almost succeed in making be feel guilty.

Jo

Old April 25th 04, 05:30 PM
Ted Davis

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:35:14 -0600, Mark Edwards
wrote:

So I open the door, and Buster rushes in, dry except for his tail.

How do they *do* that? A couple of nights ago, I had closed the front
door because it was getting late and chilly. It had been raining for
hours. I heard a weak meow and reopened the door. Fleagor came running
in - he had been abandoned on the covered patio - dry except for his
tail. What are they doing? Standing at the edge of the shelter
wagging their tails in the rain?

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)

Old April 25th 04, 05:57 PM
Marina

"Ted Davis" wrote

How do they *do* that? A couple of nights ago, I had closed the front
door because it was getting late and chilly. It had been raining for
hours. I heard a weak meow and reopened the door. Fleagor came running
in - he had been abandoned on the covered patio - dry except for his
tail. What are they doing? Standing at the edge of the shelter
wagging their tails in the rain?

This reminds me of a dog I once saw tethered outside a pharmacist's. He was
tied up by the door, where there was a little roof that he could have fitted
under, and the leash was long enough for him to go there. But he was
sitting, not only out in the rain, but under the end of a rainwater pipe
where water came gushing down on him. There he sat, smiling broadly. Not
that I would ever suggest that a cat would do anything so stupid. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki