Back from TED

Old May 1st 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Default Back from TED

This afternoon I was napping on a sunny window sill on my hammock when
Meowmie grabbed
me and stuffed me in the carrier. Right away I know we must be going to TED.
Sure enough, we went outside. But instead of waiting for the metal monster
in the lobby, Meowmie
took me to a bus stop and put me on a bench. It took forever for the bus to
come. I moved
around in my carrier and it fell on the ground. The carrier remained locked
and I couldn't
escape. Meowmie put me back on the bench. Finally the bus came but the
driver won't let me on the bus. Gud I thought, we could go home now. But no,
Meowmie walked to TED
carrying the carrier. It got furry heavy for her but she pressed on. Soon
enough we were at TED's.

TED shined a light all over me in the dark. Meowmie was holding her breath
and breath a
sight of relief when she saw my ears were clear. But TED found green spots
on my paws and
my bum. So I have ringworm there now. He suggested shaving me. But Meowmie
won't have it.
She asked them to give me a bath, even had the shampoo with her. She went
home leaving
me behind to get wet, very wet. I gave the woman a hard time, trying to get
out of the tub all
the time. After more than an hour, Meowmie came back to get me. I thought
she abandoned me.
She said she went home and washed the floors with bleach, and threw out my
lounge chair.
She didn't bother to wash it.
Now I am sitting in my room with the afternoon sun. Meowmie gave me a treat
but kept me
locked in my room. Said she wanted me to dry out in the sun.
Well, at least I still have my fur. Meowmie said if I still have ringworm in
the next recheck,
she will let TED shaved me.
Please purr for me to get rid of the nasty ringworm soon.

Rusty, shaking his damp paws

Old May 2nd 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

HiHi, Rusty.

Dat ringerworm izza pain. I dint have it, buttid Ms BG (rb) gottid it once
anna Meowmie sez itz mo funfun. Buttid, da reeson I'ze writtin to youze iz
dat itz not so terrible bein shaved (after you getz used to it).

Meowmie lettid da TED groomer shafe me onnacount ov alla da matz dat I had.
I'ze a longhair kitty anna it wuz a lottid of furz fur my owld tongue to
clean. Enny way, dey shafed alla mine furz eggcept fur frum mine elbows and
kneez down to mine futs. Dey left most alla mine tayle, too anna mine
facefurz. Hafin da shortshort furz now is kinda nice. I can clean reel
gud, fings dont get "stuck" inna mine "breeches", anna layin inna da sun
izza whole new eggsperience.

I like not hafin itchy mats anna efurry day, mine hair izza bit longer.

Yer crewcuttid fren,
Boogie, da HarpurrCat onna da heetin pad inna Bawlmer, Merryland

.. .

Old May 2nd 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"Boogie's Mom" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Boogie,

When you were shaved, did you have to be sedated?
TED said I will have to be sedated. Meowmie doesn't like that as I am
almost 12 years old and she worries about sedating me.
Meowmie said when we go to TED next time and I still have ringworm,
she will let them shave me. Right now it is still a bit chilly at night and
she
is afraid I may catch a cold. It will be summer by the time we have to
go to TED again, and I will be cool without my fur.
But I do hope I get rid of this ringworm soon. Meowmie is getting very
tired from all the vacuuming and washing. And I hate all the baths.

Rusty

Old May 2nd 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Poor Rusty. Yoo juss kant kach a brake, kan yoo?

Rebecca, sympathizing

Old May 2nd 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Yah, Rusty, I hadda anesthesia, but day wuz becuz dey did a full dental
cleenin. Dey wudna shafed me ofurwise as I wuda fot dem so much dat dey
wuda hadda sedated me. Dat's why I hadda wate so long. Da TED (who's
really gud and likes "senior" kittys) wanted to do it all at once.

I getz cowld, too, but I'ze trained da hoomins to turn on da heetin pad anna
I lay on it and it's furry nice. I've also learned dat deres a lot to be
sed fur layin onna yer Meowmie's lap anna lettin her cover you wif a blanket
(wif mine hed owt sos I kin watch the talkinpicturebocks) . I also hazza
lite blanket dat I lays under when I sleeps next to Meowmiez pillo attid
nite.

Lemme tell you, it'z way better den mats.

Boogie, da blankethoggin HarpurrCat inna Bawlmer
.. .

Old May 2nd 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Meow Boogie, you are so lucky to have a heetin pad.
These days Meowmie won't let me get on her lap since I got ringworm.
She had it too but hers have cleared up. Since I came to live here, I was
never allowed in Meowmie's bedroom let alone sleep with her. Said she
wants to avoid allergies.
Sometimes I laid on top of her when she fell asleep in front of the TV.
That's about it. Meowmie did get me a blanket, but I haven't used it yet
as it is not cold enough. I got mats once in a while, but Meowmie combed
them out or cut them off.
Do you have really really long and thick fur? Mine is pretty thick, but not
that
long.
TED looked at my teeth yesterday and didn't say anything. So guess they are
fine. Meowmie has been brushing my teeth since she got me. I like the taste
of my toothpaste.

Rusty

"Boogie's Mom" wrote in message
Yah, Rusty, I hadda anesthesia, but day wuz becuz dey did a full dental
cleenin. Dey wudna shafed me ofurwise as I wuda fot dem so much dat dey
wuda hadda sedated me. Dat's why I hadda wate so long. Da TED (who's
really gud and likes "senior" kittys) wanted to do it all at once.

I getz cowld, too, but I'ze trained da hoomins to turn on da heetin pad
anna I lay on it and it's furry nice. I've also learned dat deres a lot
to be sed fur layin onna yer Meowmie's lap anna lettin her cover you wif a
blanket (wif mine hed owt sos I kin watch the talkinpicturebocks) . I
also hazza lite blanket dat I lays under when I sleeps next to Meowmiez
pillo attid nite.

Lemme tell you, it'z way better den mats.

Boogie, da blankethoggin HarpurrCat inna Bawlmer
.. .