Attitude Check!!!

Old January 21st 05, 11:06 PM
Tanada

Default Attitude Check!!!

If I were to yell this in a group of military, the answer would be to
scream back "F*ck You!" However, I'm hoping to get updates on you, your
family (furry and bare) and how life is going.

We're all doing well. Calvin came up on the bed early this morning and
loved on both Rob and I for over five minutes. He didn't need to be
called (he knows his name and responds to it and "Kitty.") and he
ignored Tanada's attempt to hiss him off the bed. The rest of the cats
were ok with him getting up there and he's ok with them.

We bought them a floor to roof pole with platforms for our room (they
also have one in our dining room) and a cube shaped kitty nest. They
love them both, and, since both are by my desk, I usually have at least
one kitty companion sharing the area with me. Tanada is currently in
there curled up in a ball, except for her upsidedowny head.

The head of the shelter that we volunteer at called and asked me to take
in another foster. she has mothers with kittens, pregnant mothers, and
cats needing socialization needing fosters, so I don't know what we'll
be bringing home tomorrow. There's a little bit of me hoping for a
pregnant mommy, but I expect to get a cat needing socialization.

Pam S.
Old January 22nd 05, 12:39 AM
Mischief

I'm not allowed to foster animals.
I have a tendency to keep things............

Kristi

Old January 22nd 05, 01:22 AM
Howard Berkowitz

In article . com,
"Mischief" wrote:

I'm not allowed to foster animals.
I have a tendency to keep things............

Kristi

Just after the US Presidential inauguration, that reminds me of the
argument that Nelson Rockefeller, of the legendary wealthy family,
should be elected President. The theory was that people tend to take
care of things they own.
Old January 22nd 05, 03:08 AM
jmcquown

Tanada wrote:
[...]

Are you hoping for a pregnant mommy that will give birth while she's with
you? That would be too cool (but also so hard to give them up!)

Attitude is pretty good here, for all that I still don't have a fix on a
job. Dad called yesterday and told me to "keep my chin up"; at least he's
not yelling at me.

I got a package from UPS tonight. Since John was in the hospital so much in
December this is a late gift (and he says it's not the one he really wants
me to have). I opened up the box and, wrapped in red shiny paper, a pair of
flannel pajamas! Pink flannel jammie bottoms with red pine trees all over
them and a white tank-style top with the word LOVE embroidered on the front.
Oh how sweet! I'm just smiling my fool head off! How many men actually
*shop* for women's clothes? He loves it. When we were at the art show in
Kingwood it was hotter than Hades even though it was October. The hotel had
a pool; I had no swim suit. So he asked the server at a restaraunt if any
place around would still be selling swim suits. She directed us to a
particular shop in the mall around the corner where she'd spotted some the
week before. He took me there, helped me find a swim suit. And then he
spent time looking at other stuff going "Do you like this? This would look
good on you." It must be the artist in him; he has a eye for things like
that.

Persia is happy as a fluffy cat can be. She got some of the green stuff
(barley cat) sprinkled on her x/d food today; she adores that stuff. And I
think she knows tomorrow she gets a can of the gooshy stuff she likes (also
x/d). I was reading on the couch this afternoon and she was right up next
to me, purring away and giving me head butts.

I had fun with Peaches the lovebird, too. Last night I realized I hadn't
seen her bathe all week. She loves to take baths. So I got the spritzer
bottle and squirted her a couple of times. She fluffed her feathers and
chirped. After drinking the drops of water off the bars of the cage she
went down and gave herself a thorough dunking in her water dish. It was
almost like she was saying, "Thanks for the reminder, mom!" LOL

Multi-purpose purrs and birdie-chirps for all who need them.

Jill

Old January 22nd 05, 04:10 AM
Victor Martinez

Mischief wrote:
I'm not allowed to foster animals.
I have a tendency to keep things............

Me too... ask Fez and Rufous!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 22nd 05, 08:19 AM
Marina

Tanada wrote:

If I were to yell this in a group of military, the answer would be to
scream back "F*ck You!" However, I'm hoping to get updates on you, your
family (furry and bare) and how life is going.

We'll be purring that you get a pregnant cat. Frank and Nikki are doing
OK. Frank still eats his meds like a little angel. Sometimes I have to
feed him, but mostly he eats the medicine/sour cream mix himself. Nikki
is a bit more difficult. Sometimes I have to try several times, letting
her settle down between times, before she will eat it. Sometimes she
just refuses, and I have to give the meds mixed in water with a syringe
into her mouth. That's not so good either, because she will just close
her mouth and let the water trickle out through the corners of her
mouth. She can be a real PITA.

As for myself, I still haven't heard about the job, but as I mentioned
before, I'm not holding my breath. On the thickened skin thing
(scleroderma is what it's called), I've been getting the UV light
treatment for a couple of months now, and am getting quite tanned in the
middle of winter. I'm seeing the dermatologist next Thursday, and she
will check if it's had any effect (I haven't noticed any), and whether
to continue the treatment.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 22nd 05, 11:46 AM
CK

Tanada wrote:
If I were to yell this in a group of military, the answer would be to
scream back "F*ck You!" However, I'm hoping to get updates on you, your
family (furry and bare) and how life is going.

snip

The short answer is we're all doing OK. The longer one:

Laku and Nico are playing tag, playfighting - which sometimes sounds
quite real, but apparently they don't hurt each other - and sleeping a
lot. Nico promises to become bigger than Laku as he's not much smaller
now at 5,5 months of age. There's a lot of swiping at the other or
bopping on the head when they pass each other, but they have been seen
to leave the other one be too. It is mainly Laku doing the bopping on
the head tho, Nico seems to prefer the wrestling bouts, racing around
the apartment and jumping on Laku from an elevated position like the cat
tree or a chair etc.

They don't yet sleep side by side, not quite, but have been seen to
sleep on the same side of the bed only inches apart in distance, Laku
above covers and Nico underneath. Laku doesn't sleep under covers, but
Nico sometimes wiggles his way there himself if we haven't happened to
cover him. It gave me a real fright in the beginning when I couldn't
find him, not realizing he was just under the bed cover doing the "bed
bump", as I wasn't used to that from Laku. Another thing they don't do
yet is wash each other, but there's plenty of time for that to happen yet.

Nico gets the zoomies quite often when he's awake, racing around the
apartment, over tables, along the top of the couch back, scattering
stuff in his wake. Then he can just "shut off" suddenly, as if his
batteries run out. Oh well, I guess he'll calm down some after he's had
the snip done, which I think will happen within 2-3 months from now.

I seem to have lots to do at home, which is why I still haven't got
around to uploading a pile of photos we've taken with the "non-digital"
camera (got them developed into paper copies as well as onto CD) into
my Yahoo Photos album. Will attempt to tackle that one soon.

DH Janne and I are both OK too. Janne's still a "home-dad" for the
kitties and also does most of the house work, which is OK by me as long
as we manage on my salary. I seem to have a bout of lack of motivation
for my job and have sent a couple of internal applications for other
jobs within the corporation, but I haven't heard from them yet. Maybe
I'm just getting a bit bored with what I do and looking for a change. Or
maybe it's a touch of the midwinter blues. Oh well, life goes on.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Old January 22nd 05, 01:15 PM
Lorraine

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:06:51 GMT, Tanada
wrote:

However, I'm hoping to get updates on you, your
family (furry and bare) and how life is going.

Our furry three are finally getting healthy and settled in. The
rambunctious Lucy (AKA LucyFurr) goes back to see TED today or tomorrow
for a follow-up on her earmites. After that I hope to stay away from
that place for a while as we've spent way too much time (and money!)
there in the last couple of months. Lucy still wants the other two
furballs to die. We are trying to be patient, but seeing no progress at
all is disappointing.

Ty has finally gotten over her URI. All three ended up with it, but Ty
had the hardest time getting over it. I have been finding little
patches of cat snot, but not near as often. I may have finally found
them all. Ty is back to being a lovebug laying on my chest or in my
arms like a baby for longer periods of time, but she will no longer come
up on our bed. She did her first few nights here, but not since she got
sick.

Last but not least, Indie is forever moving it seems. We have started
bringing Lucy upstairs and confining her to the bedrooms with gates in
the hallway so she gets time in the sunshine and more exposure to the
others. This opens up the basement for a while to the other two. Ty
will not go down there yet, but Indie loves it. She wears out Brian's
wrist chasing the red greebling from one end of the basement to the
other. He has her making U-turns on the back of the recliner. I have a
feeling we may regret that someday. Indie will play with the red
greebling for hours if we're willing. She takes short rest periods, but
then she's right back at it. Indie has been sleeping more frequently on
the bed. She was there everytime I woke up last night for the first
time, but she stays at my feet.

My bare baby (almost 30 years old, but still my baby) is expecting her
second bare baby any time now. SIL and first granddaughter stopped by
yesterday afternoon while they were out on a bike ride in 20 some
degree(F) and windy weather. They said Mama was grouchy. She must be
if they're out in that weather on a bike. Yesterday she was 80%
effaced, dilated 2-3cm and at -1 station and having sporadic mild
contractions, so we're really hoping for this weekend -- for everyone's
sake. We could probably use some birthing purrs in this direction.

Lorraine

--
http://www.raineforest.com/gallery/thecats

Old January 22nd 05, 06:18 PM
Tanada

Lorraine wrote:

My bare baby (almost 30 years old, but still my baby) is expecting her
second bare baby any time now. SIL and first granddaughter stopped by
yesterday afternoon while they were out on a bike ride in 20 some
degree(F) and windy weather. They said Mama was grouchy. She must be
if they're out in that weather on a bike. Yesterday she was 80%
effaced, dilated 2-3cm and at -1 station and having sporadic mild
contractions, so we're really hoping for this weekend -- for everyone's
sake. We could probably use some birthing purrs in this direction.

Lorraine

Birthing purrs, thoughts and wishes going out for you and your daughter
and her family. May her childbirth be an easy one with great results.

Pam, Rob, and the Fayetteville Five + Calvin and Sonya (expectant Mum
cat) and Speedy the d-thing
Old January 22nd 05, 07:41 PM
Gabey8

Birthing purr-ayers and purrs coming your way even as I type!

I just brought home my new kitties last night, and I'm glad to be able to
send purrs again. ) These boys are CHAMPION purrers.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

check this... billybeer Cat community 0 November 18th 04 07:07 PM
check this... billybeer Cat anecdotes 0 November 18th 04 07:07 PM
Check out this kitty! Judy F Cat health & behaviour 18 February 16th 04 12:48 AM
Check out the Cat Connection! anne horwitz Cat health & behaviour 2 January 27th 04 04:22 PM
USA posters: CHECK NEWS! Hopitus2 Cat anecdotes 3 December 15th 03 10:57 PM