Harri Roadcat vs the kung fu butterfly

Old April 6th 05, 05:52 AM
Dan M

Default Harri Roadcat vs the kung fu butterfly

Harri and I are on a slow run. We picked up a load Monday afternoon that
delivers 2 days later, but is only a 700 mile run. That means a lot of
down time for us. I don't actually mind this time, since it's been
allowing me to catch up on my sleep.

Monday morning we had to run from south of Fresno to just south of
Stockton to pick up our load. Harri hadn't been getting much walking in
lately because of our busy schedule so I figured we might try a day walk
for a change. And a big change it was, too - we havne't taken anything
other than night walks for a couple of months now.

When we drove through Fresno I pulled off at Klein's truck stop, got
Harri hooked up in her "kittying gear" (harness and leash), and carried
her across the street to the remains of an abandonded orchard. We had an
excellent time, and Harri for a change didn't mind that it was light
out. Lots of interesting plants to smell, a few lizards scurrying
around, and some nice butterflys to chase.

One butterfly took to the air right in front of Harri. She immediately
pounced on it and batted it out of the air. It went down in a mustard
bush, and Harri decided she wanted to finish off this butterfly. She
would make a big, high pounce, leap up and dash to the other side of the
bush and pounce again, dart under the bush and slap upwards - it was
quite a sight. Considering that Harri kitten is such an accomplished
huntress, the fact that this battle went on for at least 10 minutes
tells me this butterfly must have been trained in the martial arts. But
Harri didn't give up, and didn't let herself become intimidated by this
monstrous fighting butterfly - she kept pouncing and pawing.

Finally, winded and panting, Harri adminstered the coup de grace and
finished off this warrior butterfly. She had a very satisifed look on
her face as she munched it down.

Tonight we were back to night walking. We're back in Phoenix, OR, and
took an hour and 15 minute dark walk. No killer butterflys tonight, but
lots of rick greeblings that needed to be pounced upon and tossed in the
air.
Old April 6th 05, 05:58 AM
Mathew Kagis

"Dan M" wrote in message
[...]

An honorable death for such a great warrior! I have this picture in my mind
of Harri in a kimono with a Katana in her belt....LOL.
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old April 6th 05, 06:17 AM
Dan M

An honorable death for such a great warrior! I have this picture in my mind
of Harri in a kimono with a Katana in her belt....LOL.

I suspect that's just how she pictured herself
Old April 6th 05, 09:53 AM
jmcquown

Dan M wrote:
[...]

Awwwww! I love hearing about Harri Roadcat and her chasing greeblings (even
if they are actual critters) Sorry, but flutterbies are nice and some are
rare and should not be eaten. But cats will be cats; and Harri is a
wonderful cat! More pics soon, I hope?

Jill

Old April 6th 05, 12:58 PM
SuzQ

I bet you feel safe with Harri to protect you ;o)
Suz&Spicey

Old April 6th 05, 02:32 PM
KittyLady

When I read your story Dan, for some reason I thought of Puss-N-Boots!
Harri Roadcat is really something.

Old April 6th 05, 03:18 PM
Duke of URL

Dan, if you don't collect all of these, put them in chronological order, and
somehow publish them, I am gonna hire a witch to put a curse on you!
I look forward everyday to skimming rpca - one of the highlights is when a
new Roadcat Tail appears.
Moses

Old April 6th 05, 03:43 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:52:36 -0700, Dan M yodeled:

[...]

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Sounds like a great time!

Theresa
Old April 6th 05, 03:47 PM
Karen

To be honest, that is a great idea. Take photos of Harri. I bet you could
find a publisher and have a great little coffee table book. Be a nice side
income! Harri the Truckin' Cat by Dan M

Old April 6th 05, 04:31 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article
outpets.com, "SuzQ"
wrote:

I bet you feel safe with Harri to protect you ;o)
Suz&Spicey

You know, that tale gave me an image -- may it never happen -- about Dan
being hijacked -- and Harri leaping from the overhead onto the Bad Guy's
head.