True? Prince William shot and killed a cat belonging to someone on Balmoral

Old April 19th 04, 09:00 PM
Hopitus2

Question is what's in the *heads*, not the hearts, Sherry. That family has a
rep, deserved or not, of let's just say not being real bright due to
inbreeding over centuries. Their collective i.q.'s would probably make,
comparatively, what's running our country look like Einstein.
Also, those princes don't really have very much to do; they don't work as we
know it. We really don't have anything like them in the USA; even our rock
stars have to give a concert now and then, and Bill Gates, our richest, puts
on his pants and goes somewhere every day, even if he doesn't lift a finger
physically. But showing up at some charity event is as hard as it ever gets
for the royals, in spite of the silly pics you see with one of them holding
a shovel full of dirt somewhere.....we just can't imagine such a life.
Anyone's pet would be expendable and not worth a discussion to such beings.

"Sherry " wrote in message
: R U kidding, Sherry? We don't live in a monarchy so that *would* be
: threatening behavior here in USA. But I've always got the impression
those
: royals do whatever, wherever, whenever they want......with no
consequences
: to their exalted hides. Whole different ballpark than here.
:
: Walllll....I'm telling ya, Pilgrim, NOBODY shoots *anything* close enough
to my
: house to spotlight my cats. Nobody. Not even Dubbya himself.
: And on second thought, what kind of fun is tramping through pastures at
night
: shooting a defenseless animal? Killing for the *sheer* sake of killing.
Not for
: food, not even for trophy, which is bad enough. I'd seriously wonder about
: what's in the heart of someone who enjoys that.
:
: Sherry

Old April 19th 04, 09:30 PM
GraceCat

Yes, true. But one thing in favor of this type of report is the fact
that Aunt (whatshername, Charles older sister) has a dog that has been
in the paper a couple times for attacking when unprovoked. I have
nothing at all against tempermental dogs, I have my Mutt who will bite.
But I don't take her out in the public and let her run loose either
because of that exact reason. So true or not, the Royal family does have
previous animal issues behind them.

I doubt he shot a cat too. He's going to be King of England someday
(although I strongly suspect the title is on it's last two or three
generations) and I don't think he'd attempt something so stupid or
heartless. No matter how he feels about animals. I'm no Diana fanatic,
but I do believe she was too caring of a person to raise a child that
way.

Grace

"Sherry " wrote in message
That sounds a little flaky & coincidental. I realize that brief story

doesn't
have all the details, but it doesn't sound to me that she saw enough

to make
that kind of accusation.

But I am surprised that anyone is allowed to romp & stomp and shoot at

rabbits
at (what sounds like) very close to her house.

Sherry

Old April 19th 04, 10:19 PM
Hopitus2

Gracie, I didn't mean the dude was raised that way. If you're a few
sandwiches short of a picnic, who knows what's fun to you.....to quote that
Robert Palmer epic, "A pretty face....don't mean no pretty heart....." (Bad
Case of Lovin'You). (snicker).

"GraceCat" wrote in message
[...]
: ...

Old April 19th 04, 10:43 PM
Sherry

Gracie, I didn't mean the dude was raised that way.

Well, yeah, but isn't their Pop an avid fox hunter? So they've been so to
speak, raised thinking it's "normal" to kill defenseless animals.

Sherry

Old April 19th 04, 10:47 PM
Jeanette

Hopitus2 wrote in message
R U kidding, Sherry? We don't live in a monarchy so that *would* be
threatening behavior here in USA. But I've always got the impression those
royals do whatever, wherever, whenever they want......with no consequences
to their exalted hides. Whole different ballpark than here.

Not true, Princess Anne recently became the first Royal for ages to get a
criminal conviction because she let her dog run riot in a public area and
attack someone.

Old April 20th 04, 01:14 AM
Gracecat

Oh I know Hops!! I wasn't insinuating you at all... Truth be, I didn't read
all of the msgs and I don't recall what most of anybody has said. (rude I
know, got a buttkicking cold right now so....) This was an unbiased and
un.... what's that word for umm.. rubbing off on someone/prompted... comment

And you are absolutely right though, the Monarchy does put forth a great
image today (to us USA'ers) but centuries are telling and the fact is, there
are some mighty big skeletons in that closet.

I think... I don't know... *bleh* I didn't think colds and stuff was
supposed to be contagious.

Grace

"GraceCat" wrote in message
[...]
: ...