True? Prince William shot and killed a cat belonging to someone on Balmoral

Old April 20th 04, 01:14 AM
Gracecat

Oh I know Hops!! I wasn't insinuating you at all... Truth be, I didn't read
all of the msgs and I don't recall what most of anybody has said. (rude I
know, got a buttkicking cold right now so....) This was an unbiased and
un.... what's that word for umm.. rubbing off on someone/prompted... comment

And you are absolutely right though, the Monarchy does put forth a great
image today (to us USA'ers) but centuries are telling and the fact is, there
are some mighty big skeletons in that closet.

I think... I don't know... *bleh* I didn't think colds and stuff was
supposed to be contagious.

Grace

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
Gracie, I didn't mean the dude was raised that way. If you're a few
sandwiches short of a picnic, who knows what's fun to you.....to quote

that
Robert Palmer epic, "A pretty face....don't mean no pretty heart....."

(Bad
Case of Lovin'You). (snicker).

"GraceCat" wrote in message
: Yes, true. But one thing in favor of this type of report is the fact
: that Aunt (whatshername, Charles older sister) has a dog that has been
: in the paper a couple times for attacking when unprovoked. I have
: nothing at all against tempermental dogs, I have my Mutt who will bite.
: But I don't take her out in the public and let her run loose either
: because of that exact reason. So true or not, the Royal family does have
: previous animal issues behind them.
:
: I doubt he shot a cat too. He's going to be King of England someday
: (although I strongly suspect the title is on it's last two or three
: generations) and I don't think he'd attempt something so stupid or
: heartless. No matter how he feels about animals. I'm no Diana fanatic,
: but I do believe she was too caring of a person to raise a child that
: way.
:
: Grace
:
: "Sherry " wrote in message
: ...
: That sounds a little flaky & coincidental. I realize that brief story
: doesn't
: have all the details, but it doesn't sound to me that she saw enough
: to make
: that kind of accusation.
:
: But I am surprised that anyone is allowed to romp & stomp and shoot at
: rabbits
: at (what sounds like) very close to her house.
:
:
: Sherry
:
:

Old April 20th 04, 01:23 AM
Gracecat

Ok Ok!!!! I gotta make one itty bitty comment...

The Queen does have a fondness for her corgi's. You only have to go as far
as a few publicity photos before you see the dogs run unchecked on the
grounds of where ever she's in residence at. Watching them bounce all over
the throne, the Queen herself and whoever is in attendance... I think it's
sweet

I think the most telling of how hard the boys work, and what is given to
them freely would be a copy of their school work, the grades that are
reflected. Test scores, and things such as that. There is no way, with 10+
years of education you can get by without some type of evidence you either
rode it out, or you worked to get those grades.

On the other hand!!! Can we say Yay Norway? Or was it Finland??? The heir
to the throne married his sweetheart earlier this year and she's a divorced
mum . I think that was wonderful and very telling on the types of people
leading that country.

Grace

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
Question is what's in the *heads*, not the hearts, Sherry. *snip*

Anyone's pet would be expendable and not worth a discussion to such

beings.

Old April 20th 04, 01:24 AM
Gracecat

"Jeanette" wrote in message

Hopitus2 wrote in message
R U kidding, Sherry? We don't live in a monarchy so that *would* be
threatening behavior here in USA. But I've always got the impression

those
royals do whatever, wherever, whenever they want......with no

consequences
to their exalted hides. Whole different ballpark than here.

Not true, Princess Anne recently became the first Royal for ages to get a
criminal conviction because she let her dog run riot in a public area and
attack someone.

It's happened since as well... I think a member of the house staff needed
stitches. Not sure.

Grace

Old April 20th 04, 02:05 AM
Jo Firey

"Gracecat" wrote in message
Ok Ok!!!! I gotta make one itty bitty comment...

The Queen does have a fondness for her corgi's. You only have to go as far
as a few publicity photos before you see the dogs run unchecked on the
grounds of where ever she's in residence at. Watching them bounce all over
the throne, the Queen herself and whoever is in attendance... I think it's
sweet

Trouble is, that is where Anne's dogs got the publicity for their agressive
behavior. Aparently not too long ago one of her dogs killed one of her
sister's Corgi's. Of course that sounds worse, when it ends up in the
press, than the unfortunate family incident that it is. My brother's dog
almost killed my mother's poodle several years ago. And it was most
unexpected and everyone felt perfectly horrid about it. These things do
happen.

I think the most telling of how hard the boys work, and what is given to
them freely would be a copy of their school work, the grades that are
reflected. Test scores, and things such as that. There is no way, with

10+
years of education you can get by without some type of evidence you either
rode it out, or you worked to get those grades.

Perhaps the royals aren't too bright, or perhaps the press likes to make
them seem that way. Then again sweet as she seemed, Diana wasn't the
sharpest tack in the box either so it isn't all inbreeding.

Old April 20th 04, 03:52 AM
Hopitus2

Hee hee well the skeletons may be big but unlike USA's, they once had royal
blood running through their veins.....I wasn't trying to go "diggin' up
bones" (remember that song?) but just to point out that we on this side of
the pond have no concept of the life they lead and their standards of
behavior. Get rid of that cold, Gracie.

"Gracecat" wrote in message
[...]
: "Hopitus2" wrote in message
: ...
: Gracie, I didn't mean the dude was raised that way. If you're a few
: sandwiches short of a picnic, who knows what's fun to you.....to quote
: that
: Robert Palmer epic, "A pretty face....don't mean no pretty heart....."
: (Bad
: Case of Lovin'You). (snicker).
:
:
: "GraceCat" wrote in message
: ...
: : Yes, true. But one thing in favor of this type of report is the fact
: : that Aunt (whatshername, Charles older sister) has a dog that has been
: : in the paper a couple times for attacking when unprovoked. I have
: : nothing at all against tempermental dogs, I have my Mutt who will
bite.
: : But I don't take her out in the public and let her run loose either
: : because of that exact reason. So true or not, the Royal family does
have
: : previous animal issues behind them.
: :
: : I doubt he shot a cat too. He's going to be King of England someday
: : (although I strongly suspect the title is on it's last two or three
: : generations) and I don't think he'd attempt something so stupid or
: : heartless. No matter how he feels about animals. I'm no Diana
fanatic,
: : but I do believe she was too caring of a person to raise a child that
: : way.
: :
: : Grace
: :