True? Prince William shot and killed a cat belonging to someone on Balmoral

Old April 20th 04, 06:15 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Of course, of course. bowing deep and crawling backwards Frank is an
Emperor and you are his Empress. turns tail and scuttles off

I do like it when the humans are kept in their place ;-)

Purrs, Waffles

**$om $

Old April 23rd 04, 02:12 PM
JP Hobbs

Righto, I wasn't buying into this but it sounds like bulldust to me I really
think your right when you say ,He's going to be King of England
someday,*whether they're on their
last legs or not* and I dont think William would risk
that sort of publicity, and I think he sounds like too nice a kid to do a
thing like that{ Harry might} but give the kids a break, the journalists
make half that stuff up.
Jean.P.

GraceCat wrote in message
Yes, true. But one thing in favor of this type of report is the fact
that Aunt (whatshername, Charles older sister) has a dog that has been
in the paper a couple times for attacking when unprovoked. I have
nothing at all against tempermental dogs, I have my Mutt who will bite.
But I don't take her out in the public and let her run loose either
because of that exact reason. So true or not, the Royal family does have
previous animal issues behind them.

I doubt he shot a cat too. He's going to be King of England someday
(although I strongly suspect the title is on it's last two or three
generations) and I don't think he'd attempt something so stupid or
heartless. No matter how he feels about animals. I'm no Diana fanatic,
but I do believe she was too caring of a person to raise a child that
way.

Grace

"Sherry " wrote in message
That sounds a little flaky & coincidental. I realize that brief story

doesn't
have all the details, but it doesn't sound to me that she saw enough

to make
that kind of accusation.

But I am surprised that anyone is allowed to romp & stomp and shoot at

rabbits
at (what sounds like) very close to her house.

Sherry

Old April 24th 04, 02:30 AM
JP Hobbs

PerhapsWilliam was scaring the cat off because he was
concerned in caseit got hit accidentally Jean.P.
O J wrote in message
On 19 Apr, Tree Line wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------

Here's another version. The prince is apparently only suspected
of scaring off the cat by shining a searchlight on it from a Land
Rover and discharging a gun in the area. You'd think the royal family
would have enough lands of their own that they could shoot all the
rabbits they wanted without discharging a gun near another party's
home.

I have nothing against hunting, if it's for game to be eaten,
but this sounds vaguely creepy -- sort of a high class version of
going to the dump to shoot rats

Here is another version from a Singapore paper from:
http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/lat...6295%2C00.html

Prince William in gun flap over cat

LONDON - A devastated cat owner is threatening to take
Britain's Prince William to court after he allegedly scared off
the cat while on a night-time rabbit shoot.

Prince William is accused of scaring off a tomcat named
Dream while out with the royal gamekeeper on a rabbit hunt.

The Daily Mirror tabloid reported that a tomcat named
Dream, belonging to Jeshiera Art, 34, has vanished after a
powerful lamp was shone on it from where the prince was
sitting in a Land Rover and then shots were fired.

The incident was alleged to have taken place while Prince
William -- the son of the late Princess Diana and heir to the
British throne Prince Charles -- was out with the royal
gamekeeper near the Scottish royal residences of Birkhall
and Balmoral.

Ms Art said: 'My lawyers said there is enough here for
breach of the peace and reckless discharge of a firearm.
I will do this even if it is a private prosecution.'

Buckingham Palace has reportedly admitted that
Prince William had been on a pest-control trip
but said no cat had been killed. -- AFP