Pictures of our gecko

Old October 6th 03, 04:24 AM
badwilson

Default Pictures of our gecko

Ok, I put up a couple of pictures of our house gecko that lives under the
roof tiles of our carport. I still don't know if he's still around because
he doesn't generally come out every day, but I'm still looking!
http://tinyurl.com/pu4d
http://tinyurl.com/pu4o
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply

Old October 6th 03, 05:38 AM
Marina

"badwilson" wrote
Ok, I put up a couple of pictures of our house gecko that lives under the
roof tiles of our carport. I still don't know if he's still around

because
he doesn't generally come out every day, but I'm still looking!

Wow, Britta, what a gorgeous creature! I love the colouring. He looks like a
gem.

--
Marina

Old October 6th 03, 06:17 AM
Hopitus2

Well, thank you; you're welcome to him....sure wouldn't like to see *that*
scooting across the l.r. floor or any of the Evil 3 chomping on him in here.
I did, however, always want to see what a gecko looked like.....after seeing
"Wall Street" movie years ago with M. Douglas.

"badwilson" wrote in message
: Ok, I put up a couple of pictures of our house gecko that lives under the
: roof tiles of our carport. I still don't know if he's still around
because
: he doesn't generally come out every day, but I'm still looking!
: http://tinyurl.com/pu4d
: http://tinyurl.com/pu4o
: --
:

Old October 6th 03, 12:26 PM
jmcquown

badwilson wrote:
Ok, I put up a couple of pictures of our house gecko that lives under
the roof tiles of our carport. I still don't know if he's still
around because he doesn't generally come out every day, but I'm still
looking! http://tinyurl.com/pu4d
http://tinyurl.com/pu4o

Does he work for Geico? G Great photos!
When I lived in Thailand, and in South Carolina, lizards were very common
around the house. Beneficial, too, since they eat mosquitos. When I was
visiting my parents in SC one summer, Mom had a saucer of water out on the
patio for the birds. I was lying in the sun, reading a book... looked
over... there was a gecko taking a drink from the saucer.

I've only seen one lizard here in Tennessee. It was climbing a tree out in
front of my apartment.

Jill

Old October 6th 03, 01:30 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Very tasty looking.

Purrs, Waffles :-)

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~
Old October 6th 03, 02:43 PM
badwilson

"jmcquown" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:
Ok, I put up a couple of pictures of our house gecko that lives under
the roof tiles of our carport. I still don't know if he's still
around because he doesn't generally come out every day, but I'm still
looking! http://tinyurl.com/pu4d
http://tinyurl.com/pu4o

Does he work for Geico? G Great photos!
When I lived in Thailand, and in South Carolina, lizards were very common
around the house. Beneficial, too, since they eat mosquitos. When I was
visiting my parents in SC one summer, Mom had a saucer of water out on the
patio for the birds. I was lying in the sun, reading a book... looked
over... there was a gecko taking a drink from the saucer.

I've only seen one lizard here in Tennessee. It was climbing a tree out

in
front of my apartment.

Thanks Jill :-) Yeah, we have tons of little lizards around the house. The
house construction is pretty shoddy and they can get in through all sorts of
little cracks and crevaces.
Personally, I like them and think they are cute. Vino likes them too. It
is his biggest pleasure in life to hunt them down and kill them. Dennis and
I don't like it when he does it because, like you said, they are beneficial
by eating bugs. But Vino's hunting technique has become so finely honed
that it is hard to stop him. Fortunately the big ones like the one in the
picture don't come inside. I've heard they are poisonous and their bite can
really hurt. Some of the Thais eat them :-(
Where I'm from originally (Vancouver, BC) there are no lizards that I know
of.

Old October 6th 03, 02:59 PM
badwilson

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" wrote in message
Very tasty looking.

Purrs, Waffles :-)

Hey! No drooling over my lizard!!! I've been scoping him out for 2 years,
he's *mine*! Meowmie says I'm better off to stay away because his mouth is
so big he could bite my paw off, but I can take him...I know I can. As a
token of goodwill, I will email you a piece of him when I finally get him
:-)
--
Vino

Old October 6th 03, 03:01 PM
MaryL

"badwilson" wrote in message

Fortunately the big ones like the one in the
picture don't come inside. I've heard they are poisonous and their bite

can
really hurt. Some of the Thais eat them :-(
Where I'm from originally (Vancouver, BC) there are no lizards that I know
of.
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply
Check out pictures of Vino at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on Vino and "friends" album

How big do these geckos get? I grew up in Ohio, and there were some
beautiful salamanders that lived in shallow streams and pools of water --
brightly-colored with orange dots, they looked like little jewels in the
water. I live in East Texas now, and there are lots of lizard-like
creatures here, especially skinks (with "racing stripes") and the ones we
call chameleons (that turn from brown to bright green). I really like them
and they catch lots of bugs, but none of them get very large. I can't
imagine anything of that size trying to bite a person, so I assume that
"yours" grow much larger.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Old October 6th 03, 03:12 PM
badwilson

"badwilson" wrote in message

[...]

Well this one is about a foot long. His head is quite big and his mouth
too. I'd say he could probably fit a cat's paw in his mouth, or a human
finger. I haven't seen how far he can open his mouth, but if it hinges
quite far back, I could see him getting a good grip on your wrist or
something.
The little lizards inside the house are a different type and they only get
to be about 3 inches maximum. We also have those skinks with the really
long, skinny tails. They are out in the yard. One time we had Vino out
there and he was chasing one down. It turned from a greenish brown to a
bright red when scared. We quickly herded Vino inside.

Old October 6th 03, 03:35 PM
MaryL

"badwilson" wrote in message

"badwilson" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks! Your description of the little 3" lizards fits the ones I have
seen.

MaryL