Deer in the lion's den

Old November 16th 09, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Deer in the lion's den

Suddenly, without warning, dgk exclaimed (11/16/2009 8:25 AM):
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 16:36:55 -0500, "Cheryl"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:52:00 -0500, jmc
wrote:
Is it a bright green grasshopper like thing, or an oversized cricket
looking thing?

No, not bright green. More a dull greyish color - maybe even a
cricket. It's only an inch long or so. I am absolutely mystified as to
where she gets them. Maybe this is just the season or something since
she's probably had three in the last three weeks.

Camel cricket?
http://k53.pbase.com/o4/90/516390/1/...Cricket100.jpg

That does sort of look like it. I really didn't look too closely at
them. And they were likely missing a few legs. Now would someone
please explain how she keeps finding them?

I think they only come out at night, and avoid light. Those are what I
was thinking of too, but could not remember the name. Once you turn out
the lights and go to bed, they're probably coming out of their daytime
hiding places. You've got a great little hunter there!

jmc

Old November 18th 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:52:00 -0500, jmc
wrote:

At least twice a week, when I'm reading before going to sleep, Marlo
let's out this continuous yowling while walking into the bedroom, and
there is always something in her mouth. It is sometimes a big yucky
waterbug. I figure those just come up from the pipes in the shower
when it gets dark. But she sometimes brings in a grasshopper-like
thing. I can't figure out where she gets those from. I've never seen
one in the house unless she brings it to me. I do sometimes leave the
kitchen door open so the cats go into the backyard, but I've never
even seen one of those things in the backyard.

Is it a bright green grasshopper like thing, or an oversized cricket
looking thing?

No, not bright green. More a dull greyish color - maybe even a
cricket. It's only an inch long or so. I am absolutely mystified as to
where she gets them. Maybe this is just the season or something since
she's probably had three in the last three weeks.

Camel cricket?
http://k53.pbase.com/o4/90/516390/1/...Cricket100.jpg

That does sort of look like it. I really didn't look too closely at
them. And they were likely missing a few legs. Now would someone
please explain how she keeps finding them?

Her vision is probably sharper than yours. Best wishes. MLB
Old November 19th 09, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

wrote:

[...]

That's really depressing. My vision was the only thing that still
worked right.
Old November 19th 09, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"dgk" wrote
Her vision is probably sharper than yours. Best wishes. MLB

That's really depressing. My vision was the only thing that still
worked right.

I beg to differ. Your mind seems to be working well also.

Old November 19th 09, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Believe me, I know the feeling. My favorite saying is: "Everything
hurts and what doesn't hurt, doesn't work." The last of life for which
the first was made???? My cat can definitely see better than I can .
Best wishes/ MLB
Old November 19th 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

wrote:

[...]

According to a noted authority on the subject (my mother) it doesn't
get any better either.

Deer Maggy May Sundance Cat community 35 March 31st 09 07:53 AM
Deer Maggy May Will in New Haven Cat community 5 March 23rd 08 10:48 PM
Deer Kitties CleoKatra Cat anecdotes 4 September 14th 06 04:44 PM
Deer comforts cat Karen Cat anecdotes 3 June 19th 06 09:09 PM
Santa's Deer Bev Cat anecdotes 2 December 8th 03 09:46 PM