Word of apology (concerning Boy I hope this Works!)

Old April 10th 05, 04:02 AM
Singh

Default Word of apology (concerning Boy I hope this Works!)

There comes a time when a person may vent and say some things which may be
off-topic, or anger-stricken or hurtful, and it appears that on another
thread I may have been guilty. This is the last thing I will post concerning
the remarks on and earlier thread" ("Boy I hope this works!")

To the person against whom I vented, please listen to this one side. For
once, see that there is another viewpoint besides yours, and even mine.

Remember that paw bones are more delicate than those of a human hand or
foot.

My husband has a friend who only a few months ago had to euthanise his cat
because of complications from a compound fracture caused by the cat stepping
on a mousetrap left in a hallway, and not by the fellow of Louie's
aquaintance. It was in James' case an accident. In the case concerning
Petsmart, we're not talking accident. We're talking deliberate cruelty and
disregard for the suffering of a fellow-being. We expected better of you. To
come off in public to a charity for which we work, after our recommendation,
and promote cruel means of discipline is against our beliefs.

My fault is in venting here, for which I ask forgiveness of you and all the
posters here. (Indeed, I would not be surprised if I were less than welcome
here now.) And my venting here was to get the mad out of me before trying to
speak with you on a more reasonable level. I was ready to rip you a new
@$$hole. Not a way to go into a discussion which should be to resolve a
situation. I had been under the impression that you had unsubscribed and
felt this was a safe place to get it out of my system so i could come to you
with clearer head.

To you, and all the good posters, I make an apology. This is not a place to
stir up agendas of any kind, political, social or personal. I confess that I
am quite a jackass when I want to be. I am no perfect being by any stretch
of the imagination. I went about it in the wrong way and will understand if
I am persona non grata. I do a great job of getting into righteous
indignation, and stepping on a few faces along the way.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old April 10th 05, 04:31 AM
Victor Martinez

Singh wrote:
am quite a jackass when I want to be. I am no perfect being by any stretch
of the imagination. I went about it in the wrong way and will understand if
I am persona non grata. I do a great job of getting into righteous

I, for one, have nothing at all against you.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 10th 05, 04:35 AM
CatNipped

"Singh" wrote in message
[...]

Baha, don't you ever think that you are unwelcome here! All of us have to
vent, and I, for one, don't think you went about it meanly or unfairly. I
think you expressed genuine concerns and only confirmed something I
suspected anyway.

No apology is necessary. Forget about it and just continue posting your
delightful stories, continue giving your wise counsel, and continue helping
those of us who need it with your sympathy, good sense and advice.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 10th 05, 04:41 AM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Singh wrote:
There comes a time when a person may vent and say some things which

may be
off-topic, or anger-stricken or hurtful, and it appears that on

another
thread I may have been guilty. This is the last thing I will post

concerning
the remarks on and earlier thread" ("Boy I hope this works!")

I think (for myself only, not enough brains for anyone else) that
everyone has put their foot in their mouth at least once. I know I've
done it enough times that I've become rather accustomed to the flavor
(it's the only excuse I can come up with for sticking my feet in my
mouth daily).

To the person against whom I vented, please listen to this one side.

For
once, see that there is another viewpoint besides yours, and even

mine.

Remember that paw bones are more delicate than those of a human hand

or
foot.

My husband has a friend who only a few months ago had to euthanise

his cat
because of complications from a compound fracture caused by the cat

stepping
on a mousetrap left in a hallway, and not by the fellow of Louie's
aquaintance. It was in James' case an accident.

My sympathy to the friend, from the woman who still cries about animals
lost years ago. Also a woman who cries for the mice caught in those
contraptions (my Dee Oh Gee is the mouser in the house).

[...]

I've noticed many times (again in my own experience) that things get
stirred up, the ball starts rolling, then it's out of control (enough
cliches?). What starts as a "simple" explanation becomes something all
together different, and I have yet to figure out how that happens (with
me).

I confess that I am quite a jackass when I want to be.

Rather like me? I bet I'm a better jackass though .

I am no perfect being by any stretch
of the imagination. I went about it in the wrong way and will

understand if
I am persona non grata. I do a great job of getting into righteous
indignation, and stepping on a few faces along the way.

Blessed be,
Baha

I speak for no one other myself, but I'd hate to see you leave. Takes
a great deal of courage to perceive an error, (in something you did,
said, or "allowed") and stand up and take responsibility.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old April 10th 05, 06:05 AM
Singh

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
ups.com...
Rather like me? I bet I'm a better jackass though .

Oh no. I'm far and away the better jackass. I'm sticking out my toungue at
you now to prove it!

I am no perfect being by any stretch
of the imagination. I went about it in the wrong way and will

understand if
I am persona non grata. I do a great job of getting into righteous
indignation, and stepping on a few faces along the way.

Blessed be,
Baha

I speak for no one other myself, but I'd hate to see you leave. Takes
a great deal of courage to perceive an error, (in something you did,
said, or "allowed") and stand up and take responsibility.

Oh no, I ain't leaving. I just felt really bad for being jerky, and stirring
up my own foment while saying that others were doing the same thing. I'm
glad to have good folk like you and the other respondents to tell me it's
all cool and I needn't kick myself. I'm very good at kicking myself, as I do
it with such frequency. As for my feet and their relationship to my mouth, I
have a good collection of steak sauce to augment the flavor of my nasty
dogs!

Blessed be and thanks!
Baha

Old April 10th 05, 06:28 AM
Jo Firey

"Singh" wrote in message

To you, and all the good posters, I make an apology. This is not a place
stir up agendas of any kind, political, social or personal. I confess that
am quite a jackass when I want to be. I am no perfect being by any stretch
of the imagination.

Well all the imperfect posters here could leave. Maybe they could form
their own newsgroup elsewhere. But that really seems like a lot of trouble
since I've got a feeling it would include, if not everyone, at least
everyone interesting.

So we could start a thread for everyone who hasn't ever written or said
anything they wish they hadn't. Or anything they would on reconsideration
wish to have written or said differently. Probably won't work either.

So we accept, forgive, forget or just plain overlook. For you, for me I
hope and for everyone who means well but doesn't always get it right. Like
friends do.

Jo

Old April 10th 05, 08:20 AM
O J

Baha wrote:

To you, and all the good posters, I make an apology. This is not a place to
stir up agendas of any kind, political, social or personal. I confess that I
am quite a jackass when I want to be. I am no perfect being by any stretch
of the imagination. I went about it in the wrong way and will understand if
I am persona non grata. I do a great job of getting into righteous
indignation, and stepping on a few faces along the way.

Nothing I read was totally out of bounds. Friends are people who like
you in spite of your occasional lapses. I'm glad you post here, and
there are a lot of people who feel the same way.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old April 10th 05, 08:57 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 22:35:46 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

Baha, don't you ever think that you are unwelcome here! All of us have to
vent, and I, for one, don't think you went about it meanly or unfairly. I
think you expressed genuine concerns and only confirmed something I
suspected anyway.

No apology is necessary. Forget about it and just continue posting your
delightful stories, continue giving your wise counsel, and continue helping
those of us who need it with your sympathy, good sense and advice.

yep - what she said. (besides, I confess that I missed the earlier
thread, having deleted a bunch of messages trying to catch up)
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old April 10th 05, 11:49 AM
Adrian

Singh wrote:
snip
To you, and all the good posters, I make an apology. This is not a
place to stir up agendas of any kind, political, social or personal.
I confess that I am quite a jackass when I want to be. I am no
perfect being by any stretch of the imagination. I went about it in
the wrong way and will understand if I am persona non grata. I do a
great job of getting into righteous indignation, and stepping on a
few faces along the way.

Blessed be,
Baha

There is no need to apologise, as far as I'm concerned you're more than
welcome here. On the other hand is
killfiled, which is rare for this group.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old April 10th 05, 12:19 PM
Yowie

"Singh" wrote in message
[...]

Neither party in this "discussion" will be the first nor the last to say
things on this NG that would have been best left as a private conversation.

We all make mistakes from time to time, and all do things we regret later.
This is part of being human. Hopefully, though, we learn from such errors.

However you wish to deal with each other in private is your own business.
And I'm sure both of you will still be welcome to post here as your
grievances are with each other and not the rest of us. But I think you'll
both agree that if you both choose to post here, the group will expect you
to be respectful to each other if, indeed, you continue to communicate with
each other in a public forum. Killfiles, as they say, are great for the
blood pressure.

That being said, I personally hate seeing a friendship bust up over what was
most likely a misunderstanding. I hope you sort it out and can remain if not
friends, then at least civil strangers.

Yowie

Boy I hope this works!!! Singh Cat anecdotes 39 April 9th 05 08:50 PM
thayr's hope! Mary Lu Cat community 4 October 28th 04 08:17 PM
your cat in 1 word JLove98905 Cat health & behaviour 128 October 10th 04 06:58 PM
Origin of the word "kitty" Knack Cat anecdotes 4 January 25th 04 04:04 PM