Question about catnip

Old September 3rd 03, 10:10 PM
Jette Goldie

"Marina" wrote in message

"Jill McQuown" wrote
I've seen it loose, in bags, and read about fresh catnip here in rpca.

So
what do you do with it? I can't conceive of just sprinkling it all over

the
carpet.

I just put a little pile for Frank and a little pile for Nikki right on

the
floor. Nikki has to hurry up and eat hers before Frank gets high on his

and
comes to push her away from her pile. He's a real mean drunk!

I have the same problem with Apache and Dakota - he steals hers
every time. Sometimes if he's asleep I can put a little out for
Apache that she can enjoy all by herself.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old September 4th 03, 03:36 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Diane wrote:

Hi Jill...
I buy loose catnip. You can also purchase little fake fur "mice" with hook
and loop tummies to stuff the catnip into. Or, you can do what I did... if
you have a sewing machine... make your own little "catnip-stuffed-toys" from
scraps of old blue jeans. The denim is very sturdy... yet allows the catnip
fragrance to escape and thus, entice your feline friends. Your cats will be
in la la land for hours with their catnip laced toys.
Did you know you can make a tea for human consumption from catnip?
Supposedly, humans can get a similar effect from the tea that cats get from
sniffing catnip.

Well, not exactly - its effect on humans is more that of a mild
tranquilizer. (I came across a book on medicinal use of herbs which
recommended an "infusion" - aka "tea" - of catnip for treatment of
"hysteria and fits" in women!)
Old September 4th 03, 05:31 AM
bewtifulfreak

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Diane wrote:

Supposedly, humans can get a similar effect from the tea that cats
get from sniffing catnip.

Well, not exactly - its effect on humans is more that of a mild
tranquilizer. (I came across a book on medicinal use of herbs which
recommended an "infusion" - aka "tea" - of catnip for treatment of
"hysteria and fits" in women!)

Sounds like an old book....!

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old September 5th 03, 09:49 PM
Tanada

Diane wrote:

Did you know you can make a tea for human consumption from catnip?
Supposedly, humans can get a similar effect from the tea that cats get from
sniffing catnip.

Well, not exactly - its effect on humans is more that of a mild
tranquilizer. (I came across a book on medicinal use of herbs which
recommended an "infusion" - aka "tea" - of catnip for treatment of
"hysteria and fits" in women!)

Ah, human feliway. That makes sense, in some strange way.

Pam S. who's glad to have another reason (as if she ever needed one) for
growing catnip.
Old September 10th 03, 04:44 PM
Hazel Az

"whayface" wrote in message
My babies love the fresh catnips. They eat it right down. I have a
patch growing at my Mom's place.

http://www.ameritech.net/users/lestark/my-babies.htm

I love your kitty pics. Rascal's mustache is so adorable! Thanks for
showing us.

Hazel Az